• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

809 posts in this topic

Star Wars veteran Temuera Morrison is a busy man making his way through the galaxy. After joining season 2 of The Mandalorian as the armored bounty hunter Boba Fett, Morrison and co-star Ming-Na Wen reunited in The Book of Boba Fett spin-off that rolled cameras late last year. According to reports, Morrison will reprise his role as the cloned Commander Cody opposite Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in Obi-Wan Kenobi before returning alongside Pedro Pascal in the third season of The Mandalorian that will release sometime in 2022.

Once Morrison wraps production on Book of Boba Fett, due out on Disney+ in December, he'll join McGregor in England for an early March shooting start on Obi-Wan, according to a report from LRM Online about Morrison's so-far unconfirmed role. Morrison then returns to the United States to begin production for an undetermined amount of episodes on season 3 of The Mandalorian, bumped from the previously announced Christmas 2021 release slot filled by Boba Fett.

The report adds the delayed production start for Mandalorian season 3 is due to scheduling and COVID-19 protocols. Series creator Jon Favreau and writer-director Dave Filoni are among the Mandalorian talent working on Boba Fett, which was kept secret until a post-credits scene ending the mothership show's season 2 finale "Chapter 16: The Rescue."

"We didn't want to spoil the surprise during the big Kathleen Kennedy announcement of all the shows, so they let me keep this one a secret, " Favreau told Good Morning America about Boba Fett's absence from the Lucasfilm president's slate reveal at Disney Investor Day in December.

"So this is actually separate from The Mandalorian season 3. But what we didn't say in that announcement is the next show coming up — what Kathy called 'the next chapter' — is going to be The Book of Boba Fett, and then we go into production right after that on The Mandalorian, back with the main character that we all know and love... pretty soon following that."

"There's a lot of Star Wars content coming out. I think they announced 10 projects, I think this will be 11," Favreau added.

Boba Fett is going to be in a few crossover appearances.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

According to reports, Morrison will reprise his role as the cloned Commander Cody opposite Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in Obi-Wan Kenobi before returning alongside Pedro Pascal in the third season of The Mandalorian that will release sometime in 2022.

This is interesting. Cody’s fate (in canon) is unknown at the moment.

Does Cody get his chip removed, like Rex and a few other clones, and become an ally of Obi-Wan? Does he join Vader as a Purge Trooper?

Looking forward to seeing what they do with this. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

So...this may serve as a backstory for The Book of Boba Fett and explain why Bib Fortuna was one of his first targets.

Marvel Publishes Biggest Star Wars Event, War Of The Bounty Hunters

"The main story that we're dealing with is a Boba Fett-focused crime epic, that involves Boba Fett going up against some of the heaviest hitters in the galaxy. It's Jabba the Hutt. It's Black Sun. It's Darth Vader. And a bunch of others — factions and so on — that I think will be really interesting for the fans. It's basically Boba Fett, by himself, against all of these people."

"Boba Fett is in possession of Han Solo at the end of Empire Strikes Back, and at the beginning of War of the Bounty Hunters, he is not. And he is going to do everything he can to get him back, no matter what. No matter who is standing in his way."

war-of-bounty-hunters-alpha-cover-0215.j

Temuera Morrison has confirmed that filming on The Book of Boba Fett, the upcoming Star Wars spin-off about the famed bounty hunter, has completed.

Speaking with SFX Magazine while promoting his upcoming movie Occupation: Rainfall, Morrison won't verify rumours that the working title for the series was Buccaneer ("I can't get into that – my lips are sealed, my friend!" he laughs) but can reveal that they have completed filming.

"It was quite difficult because of Covid," he says. "You walk on set and you hear, 'Shields down! Shields down!' So we have to air those studios out every 20 minutes. It's called a purge, so you know you've got a toilet break then. There's a lot to shoot in one day, but with health and safety and the requirements it filters out a lot of the wildly_fanciful_statement, put it that way."

Star Wars has revealed the official new name of Boba Fett's spaceship, formerly known as "Slave I". News that Lucasfilm and Disney were renaming Boba Fett's ship leaked in June, and needless to say, it caused a massive backlash within the Star Wars fandom - including a former Boba Fett actor publicly chastising the studio. Some fans even started a petition to keep Slave II's name intact, but it seems it was all for naught. Boba Fett's ship has an official new name, and it is "Firespray". The official name was quietly debuted in a press release about the current Star Wars crossover event, "War of the Bounty Hunters."

You can read "War of the Bounty Hunters" over in Marvel's Star Wars comics line this summer. The story takes place soon after Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and centers on Boba Fett trying to take Han Solo's Carbonite body back to Jabba the Hutt. Unfortunately, Boba gets robbed by Solo's old girlfriend Qi'ra, who has brought the threat of Crimson Dawn back to the galaxy. What ensues is a free-for-all between the Empire, galactic crime syndicates, Rebel Alliance, and every major bounty hunter in between, all battling to take possession of Han Solo.

I’m not sure that’s going to be the name of the ship - Warning - Nerd Alret

Boba’s Starship/Slave 1 is a Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft. The firespray class of ships has been referenced before in Star Wars, so this isn’t a new name to Star Wars. Maybe something got lost in translation when doing the variant cover. 

It would be weird if somebody named their Corvette, “Chevrolet” 

Edited by awakeintheashes

The revealed and rumored merchandising support lend to the belief that this is going to be an even more heavily marketed show than the Mandalorian.