• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master of Kung Fu appreciation thread
1 1

202 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2021 at 3:17 AM, TroyT7986 said:

Just received my #15 in the mail today. Will be submitting soon as I get all my other books I am waiting on for the past several months

MOKF.jpg

Fart scene...:whistle:

On 9/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, Austin_t_a said:

To those more well-versed in Shang-Chi than I am, what was the peak of this series?  Want to get into reading/collecting this character.

The whole series is great except maybe the first couple and last couple issues. It had three primary eras for three awesome artists: Gulacy, Zeck, and Gene Day. My favorite issues are probably those between issues 95 and 120. High intensity action going into the final showdown with fu Manchu 

Haha. Stupid Frogman. He has time to say "NO! He's DEFLECTED IT - - RIGHT BACK AT ME!!"

Has time to reflect on the deflect - even pausing mid sentence - but not enough time to get out of the way. This is an example of time poorly spent. LOL!

83427203_MasterofKung-Fu21.thumb.jpg.feb579351520817b4a0bcea5ead2f673.jpg

Edited by Randall Ries

On 6/27/2023 at 7:55 AM, WernerVonDoom said:

MARVELSPECED016-98.jpg

:cloud9: This is about as nicely centered a BA book as you're going to find. 

With so many books from this period, usually there are miswraps and/or the banner at the top is slanted from the top of the book. 

On 7/1/2023 at 8:24 PM, tth2 said:

:cloud9: This is about as nicely centered a BA book as you're going to find. 

With so many books from this period, usually there are miswraps and/or the banner at the top is slanted from the top of the book. 

Yeah that one is a gem. At some point my local comic store had a stack of these in 9.4+ and I bought 6 of them - this was the nicest.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, HighVoltage said:

Is this 'THE' cover for the MOKF run?
I love it, along with #51 and #67 for Gulacy.  #71 and #101 are Zeck faves.

And was this the only book where the main character is drawn as sweating while kicking butt?! xD
Shang was workin' hard!

notables-more Starlin on #54

MasterOfKungFu054.jpg

MasterOfKungFu055.jpg