• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master of Kung Fu appreciation thread
1 1

202 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, Crowzilla said:
On 4/19/2021 at 7:00 AM, SuperBird said:

The first trailer dropped today. Digging it!

And now the price of MSE15 has tripled since last week.  Great deal for the guy who bought the 9.8 on CL a few days before the trailer hit.

Just imagine.................if it had been a good trailer instead of a bad trailer like what they dropped, the price might have quintupled on the book.  :devil:

On 4/10/2021 at 5:27 PM, OtherEric said:

image.jpg

For all of you Shang-Chi aficonados, any truth to the rumors that GS MOKF 3 is the toughest of this 4-issue set to acquire in grade?  ???

If so, any idea what the current going rate is for a copy in CGC 9.4 through CGC 9.8?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

Here's my golden membership ticket.  I'm pretty proud of this one.  It's definitely a 9.8 or maybe better! 

I bought it around 30 years ago at a convention. It was on my must-have-list at the time because it was cheap and I loved the cover. 

The original price stub is still on the cover!  392112704_Masterofkungfu1.thumb.jpg.0062c53d43c0c1c25259ed292ae0d4c7.jpg

9 hours ago, Mjolnir! said:

Here's my golden membership ticket.  I'm pretty proud of this one.  It's definitely a 9.8 or maybe better! 

I bought it around 30 years ago at a convention. It was on my must-have-list at the time because it was cheap and I loved the cover. 

The original price stub is still on the cover!  392112704_Masterofkungfu1.thumb.jpg.0062c53d43c0c1c25259ed292ae0d4c7.jpg

NICE! (thumbsu

But get it better protection than the original bag and board - they're too small! The book overhangs the backing board. And if you think there's an outside chance of it being better than 9.8, check your glasses LOL! 

Very nice copy though!

8 hours ago, jcjames said:

NICE! (thumbsu

But get it better protection than the original bag and board - they're too small! The book overhangs the backing board. And if you think there's an outside chance of it being better than 9.8, check your glasses LOL! 

Very nice copy though!

Whaaaaat?  Look man, I've got Eagle Eye Joe eyesight and I KNOOOOOOWS 9.8 or better when I see it!  :preach:

What do you see in this perfect gem scan of a book to imply it's not the 9.8 beauty of perfection 95 percent of posters on here would say HELL YES if they saw it in person? 

Listen, If you saw see this book yourself, the sheen color gloss alone would knock your socks off!  That's if you wear socks that is. :roflmao:

Umm your right, I shall take your wisdom advice and get better protection. :whistle: 

Edited by Mjolnir!

23 minutes ago, Mjolnir! said:

Whaaaaat?  Look man, I've got Eagle Eye Joe eyesight and I KNOOOOOOWS 9.8 or better when I see it!  :preach:

What do you see in this perfect gem scan of a book to imply it's not the 9.8 beauty of perfection 95 percent of posters on here would say HELL YES if they saw it in person? 

Listen, If you saw see this book yourself, the sheen color gloss alone would knock your socks off!  That's if you wear socks that is. :roflmao:

Umm your right, I shall take your wisdom advice and get better protection. :whistle: 

Take it out of the bag and take a photo, we would be able to get a better idea of how nice it is, or not. o.O

Just now, batmiesta said:

Take it out of the bag and take a photo, we would be able to get a better idea of how nice it is, or not. o.O

That's what I was going to suggest after the next person decided to pile on after they tagged teamed me and I saw the 2nd guy climbing on the top of the rope. 

When I get a chance I'll do that and you will stand in sheer awe of it's beauty and glory that none will be able to deny on here. (worship)

3 hours ago, musicmeta said:

This are about all I have graded and MOKF was the best series I think I've ever read.  Loved it!  NO way I'm missing the movie. 

T1sfGEkl.jpg
VUGWBknl.jpg
FXdJrQOl.jpg
V49xP9vl.jpg
h88cFrll.jpg
tr9hJqbl.jpg

Are you not going after the 9.8 G/S #3 on the Clink exchange? 

9 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Are you not going after the 9.8 G/S #3 on the Clink exchange? 

I lost twice when it was on their auction.  Consecutive auctions back to back.  Right now it’s too rich for my blood but I’ll be listing some books for sale pretty soon to help me try to get it.  Yes I want it but can’t spare the funds just yet. I bought too much other stuff as well. 
I’ll edit my post and show my 9.4 copy here in a little while. 

3 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I lost twice when it was on their auction.  Consecutive auctions back to back.  Right now it’s too rich for my blood but I’ll be listing some books for sale pretty soon to help me try to get it.  Yes I want it but can’t spare the funds just yet. I bought too much other stuff as well. 
I’ll edit my post and show my 9.4 copy here in a little while. 

Same here, the winner won it then put it back on the exchange for around $500 more so I thought :censored: that.

20 hours ago, musicmeta said:

This are about all I have graded and MOKF was the best series I think I've ever read.  Loved it!  NO way I'm missing the movie. 

T1sfGEkl.jpg
VUGWBknl.jpg
FXdJrQOl.jpg
V49xP9vl.jpg

pTEFtxyl.jpg
h88cFrll.jpg
tr9hJqbl.jpg

Do you have the Iron Fist annual team-up?  

I've got the MOKU SE #16 as well. I bought it the same time as #15 because of that classic cover battling Midnight!

7 minutes ago, Mjolnir! said:

Do you have the Iron Fist annual team-up?  

I've got the MOKU SE #16 as well. I bought it the same time as #15 because of that classic cover battling Midnight!

No I do not have the Iron Fist Annual Team-up. I'll shoot for a 9.6/9.8 copy soon.  Nice that you were able to get both SME 15 & 16.  :golfclap:

4 hours ago, musicmeta said:

No I do not have the Iron Fist Annual Team-up. I'll shoot for a 9.6/9.8 copy soon.  Nice that you were able to get both SME 15 & 16.  :golfclap:

Thanks!  Is 16 even worth anything though in high grade?  

3 hours ago, batmiesta said:

Sorry to burst your bubble MJ, but that isn't a 9.8 IMHO, but I think it would definitely benefit from a press if you are into that sort of thing.

Do you mind elaborating as to why it isn't? :juggle: