• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2022 at 6:26 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Actually, no.

The Vanity Fair article is significant because it - unlike "Den of Geek," "CosmicBookNews," or even "The Wrap" - which Bosco's has maligned here primarily based on the known biases of article author Umberto Gonzales...

Vanity Fair's a legitimate publication. And it cites the two different studies that independently weighed heavily towards bot manipulation:

1) The research done by professor Professor Kirsch and his team; and

2)  Reports from hashtag analytics tool Tweet binder.

A third publication - ironically, The Wrap - which Bosco links to above since the article in question is called The Academy Defends Zack Snyder’s Justice League Oscars Win Amid Scandal - that very article cites a third reason: common sense:

"When one looks at the competition that the Zack Snyder's Justice League was going up against, things begin to seem a little fishy. Moments from mega-hits like Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: No Way Home were also in the running and did in fact end up being runners-up. Additionally, an iconic sequence from The Matrix ended up placing fifth. These films are almost unequivocally more well known to the general moviegoing audience than the Snyder Cut."

Granted, none of these three reasons - even taken together - prove bot manipulation.

But the evidence was solid enough - and from a few different sources - to warrant Vanity Fair's reporting -- and direct follow-up with the Academy itself.

Who cares what's "generally known". It was a fan-vote. That means people who saw the movie voted for it.

You're right; It proves nothing, which was the point of my post. How can something prove nothing and then, "the evidence was solid enough" to write up a hit-piece that proves nothing...?

Consider this: Some crybaby who has an inexplicable hate-boner for Zack Snyder wrote an article that quite literally proves nothing, but speculates on a fan-voted 'award' that did nothing but give one of Zack Snyder's movie some more notoriety.

Doesn't that sound tantamount stupid?

On 5/17/2022 at 6:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Consider this: Some crybaby who has an inexplicable hate-boner for Zack Snyder wrote an article that quite literally proves nothing, but speculates on a fan-voted 'award' that did nothing but give one of Zack Snyder's movie some more notoriety.

Obsessive love disorder: Some on here really appreciate Zack Snyder movies more than they realize. So they pretend to over-dislike him to compensate for their unhealthy fixation.'

Or is that Occam's razor? I get so confused sometimes with these things.

:shiftyeyes:

On 5/17/2022 at 6:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

Obsessive love disorder: Some on here really appreciate Zack Snyder movies more than they realize. So they pretend to over-dislike him to compensate for their unhealthy fixation.'

Or is that Occam's razor? I get so confused sometimes with these things.

:shiftyeyes:

Maybe you're right. Maybe they like them and they dislike themselves for liking them. But why? What end is in sight? He is still going to make movies as long as he wants to, and other people are still going to enjoy them.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're focusing on the author of the original piece - who may indeed be supremely biased. That's not the point.

I'm focusing on the several sources of original research cited in the piece - then validated and *further investigated* by Vanity Fair.

Again, significant voting irregularities indicative of bot behavior - including validation by UMD professor Kirsch and his team - who is a leading expert is precisely this type of social media manipulation; weak denials by the Academy and literal silence on behalf of the validation and reporting company they retained specifically to ensure voting integrity.

Focus on the substance of the allegations, not the messenger.

Just because the National Enquirer is a shee-it tabloid that makes up 90% of their "news" doesn't mean they weren't *also* the publication that broke the legitimate news of Sen. John Edwards' affair, thus ending his political career.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:23 AM, Gatsby77 said:

You're focusing on the author of the original piece - who may indeed be supremely biased. That's not the point.

I'm focusing on the several sources of original research cited in the piece - then validated and *further investigated* by Vanity Fair.

Again, significant voting irregularities indicative of bot behavior - including validation by UMD professor Kirsch and his team - who is a leading expert is precisely this type of social media manipulation; weak denials by the Academy and literal silence on behalf of the validation and reporting company they retained specifically to ensure voting integrity.

Just because the National Enquirer is a shee-it tabloid that makes up 90% of their "news" doesn't mean they weren't *also* the publication that broke the legitimate news of Sen. John Edwards' affair, thus ending his political career.

Not really. The article doesn't offer anything of value, which opens up the avenue to wonder why the author wrote such a meaningless piece of drivel. We know the "why".

It's quite literally a pointless article written by a man-child who refuses to allow people to enjoy things co-created by Zack Snyder. There's no reason to write this article other than as a 'passion' piece, because it amounts to nothing but trying to poke people who were supportive of ZSJL.

Let's break this down philosophically:

• Is it true? No conclusions can be drawn, so no.
  • Is it good? No.
  • Is it useful? No, because the award is not going to change just because a handful of people do not like the result.
Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 5/17/2022 at 6:23 AM, Gatsby77 said:

An internet poll came up with results that might not be very accurate?!?!  Color me shocked!!  Now I'm going to go chug my can of Mountain Dew Diabeetus while I do my research on the RRS Boaty McBoatface.

re-watched this last night... still like it... even liked that doosh-canoe as the flash... yes it drags in places... but the action was solid and a much better story then the theatrical version.

Zack Snyder's Justice League was released on 4K/Blu-Ray/DVD last year, but a digital copy was notably absent. The most likely reason for this was to keep the title as an HBO Max incentive. The omission of a digital copy miffed those who purchased the physical version, as most movies come standard with one. Now, WB is releasing the digital version of Justice League for the first time on July 19, allowing fans to purchase the film for their digital libraries. This edition will also include the famed black-and-white version of the film, dubbed the Justice is Grey cut. In addition to both the black-and-white and color versions of the film, the digital copy will also include additional features:

A trilogy collection will also be released digitally alongside ZSJL, which includes Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Ultimate Edition, and Zack Snyder’s Justice League. The release of Snyder's cut of Justice League is nothing short of unprecedented, as no definitive director's cut has ever been released so quickly after the initial theatrical release. This is due largely to fan support, as well as that of the film's stars, many of whom shared their support for the hashtag movement on social media. Similar to George Miller's Black-and-Chrome edition of Mad Max: Fury Road, the Justice Is Grey version of Zack Snyder's Justice League gives a whole new layer to the film in its stripped down format.

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the way Darkseid was used in the Snyder Cut. Also, liked the simple, teaser-level background intro of Granny Goodness as well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 6/28/2022 at 1:15 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I want a physical copy of Justice is Gray.

It is a little annoying, after all, the Logan Blu-ray had both versions included.

It’s about time.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 6/29/2022 at 5:41 PM, Ken Aldred said:

It is a little annoying, after all, the Logan Blu-ray had both versions included.

Yup, that was the first movie that I ever intentionally watched because it's B&W. JIG did it better, IMO. There was a lot of stuff in Logan that just didn't fit the scheme, but it's still enjoyable in that format. I didn't even know that it (Logan) came with a B&W edition until I opened it. lol