• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I really hope there will be some surprises, like Green Lantern. That’s wishful thinking but how cool would that be? 

Well, we know that 2 different Green Lantern cameos were filmed. 1 when Uxas gets defeated on Earth, and another involving Bruce/Alfred in modern day. Did they make the cut prior to Snyder leaving? I doubt the latter, since Green Lantern Corps seems to be off the docket for DC's future. I think that Snyder preferred giving Martian Manhunter some love, since Swanwick is a guarantee for past/future recognition. It's also worth noting, though, that the GL who approaches Wayne may not be Earth's cop (Jordan/Stewart). It could have been to inform the JL of their existence and duty, and that Earth's ring didn't find its partner yet. Steppenwolf/Darkseid could be the catalyst that gives Jordan/Stewart the spark that ignites their journey.

All that being said; If Darkseid/Steppenwolf attack Earth, the Green Lantern Corps must appear, even if it's after Superman or the JL save the day without them. It's their responsibility to combat these types of scallywags.

It feels like so much has been discussed about the Snyder cut already that it would be almost impossible to spring any new surprises on us when this finally releases. You never know of course as a lot of footage seems to have been well hidden so far but would they dare tease new stuff whilst the studio says nothing more will come of it....

Having re watched BvS ultimate edition recently I really hope the tone matches and the Junkie XL score returns the themes that worked so well, particularly when Superman comes back. Those scenes alone should make some grand viewing. Plus we saw a few hints in the fandome trailer of a new Knightmare sequence and that element of BvS has really grown on me since re watching, I remember in the cinema at the time there were a lot of confused muffles around the audience but it’s so damn good!

1 minute ago, RickSp said:

It feels like so much has been discussed about the Snyder cut already that it would be almost impossible to spring any new surprises on us when this finally releases. You never know of course as a lot of footage seems to have been well hidden so far but would they dare tease new stuff whilst the studio says nothing more will come of it....

Having re watched BvS ultimate edition recently I really hope the tone matches and the Junkie XL score returns the themes that worked so well, particularly when Superman comes back. Those scenes alone should make some grand viewing. Plus we saw a few hints in the fandome trailer of a new Knightmare sequence and that element of BvS has really grown on me since re watching, I remember in the cinema at the time there were a lot of confused muffles around the audience but it’s so damn good!

If you watch the Theatrical Cut, the film is edited in a way that makes this scene out-of-place.

IMO Ezra Miller didn't look like The Flash, either, in that sequence. That led to some of my initial confusion.

13 hours ago, RickSp said:

Cool photo, must of been one of many interesting ideas at the time for other characters. Who knows what could of been if MOS and BVS were received better.

The idea that they're "not well-received" is a myth. There are MCU fanboys* that will heavily propagate this myth, but even the BvS Theatrical Cut is relatively liked by both comic book fans and general audiences (I personally think that the Theatrical Cut is mediocre).

Now, you didn't share your opinion, so I will ask. Do you like Man of Steel and/or the BvS Ultimate Edition? The answer is important, because many people who spread the myth will say "yes" to one or the other. So, why spread the myth if your experience rebukes it?

The fact that Justice League: Director's Cut is being completed shows us something.

*Editing to add: I'm a fan of both cinematic universes, so I don't want you to think that I am trying to be divisive.

Edited by Angel of Death

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

The idea that they're "not well-received" is a myth. There are MCU fanboys* that will heavily propagate this myth, but even the BvS Theatrical Cut is relatively liked by both comic book fans and general audiences (I personally think that the Theatrical Cut is mediocre).

Now, you didn't share your opinion, so I will ask. Do you like Man of Steel and/or the BvS Ultimate Edition? The answer is important, because many people who spread the myth will say "yes" to one or the other. So, why spread the myth if your experience rebukes it?

The fact that Justice League: Director's Cut is being completed shows us something.

*Editing to add: I'm a fan of both cinematic universes, so I don't want you to think that I am trying to be divisive.

I do like both, in particular the extended cut of BvS. Perhaps the comment of 'not well received' should be more along the lines of 'studio interference' as it was unfortunate that the circumstances leading up to Justice League changed the direction and ideas that were being seeded. 

The release we got of JL couldn't of been more out of place in relation to MOS and BvS, the fact the directors cut is coming was a welcome surprise but proves they have the belief it can do well. So here's hoping it does.

Something I'm looking forward to the most is the proper score and a continuation of what was done in the other 2. BvS is still one of the best scores to still listen to in my opinion and I even managed to find the un released tracks via youtube. At some point soon there is likely another trailer due that might contain some of the Junkie XL stuff.

8 minutes ago, RickSp said:

I do like both, in particular the extended cut of BvS. Perhaps the comment of 'not well received' should be more along the lines of 'studio interference' as it was unfortunate that the circumstances leading up to Justice League changed the direction and ideas that were being seeded. 

The release we got of JL couldn't of been more out of place in relation to MOS and BvS, the fact the directors cut is coming was a welcome surprise but proves they have the belief it can do well. So here's hoping it does.

Something I'm looking forward to the most is the proper score and a continuation of what was done in the other 2. BvS is still one of the best scores to still listen to in my opinion and I even managed to find the un released tracks via youtube. At some point soon there is likely another trailer due that might contain some of the Junkie XL stuff.

Oh, absolutely. The score in Joss Whedon's Justice League was completely flat.