• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I saw the social media excitement from some looking to complain about any JL news. Someone then pointed out to them compared to when they binge their favorite show dropped in one shot (8-10 hours), 4 hours sure isn't that bad.

But I'll hold off to see what HBO Max finally announces.

4 hours for a home release is perfect for me. Not so much in the theater. I don’t remember how long the Irishman was but I would take a break every hour and refill snacks and was having the best time with it. 

6 hours ago, Oddball said:

4 hours for a home release is perfect for me. Not so much in the theater. I don’t remember how long the Irishman was but I would take a break every hour and refill snacks and was having the best time with it. 

A 4 hour film requires a lot of edibles which are getting harder to sneak into the theaters!

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I saw the social media excitement from some looking to complain about any JL news. Someone then pointed out to them compared to when they binge their favorite show dropped in one shot (8-10 hours), 4 hours sure isn't that bad.

But I'll hold off to see what HBO Max finally announces.

It's rampant on FB posts, which is completely idiotic, because you can pause it at any moment while enjoying it in your own home.

Being toxic takes 0 brain cells.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

It's rampant on FB posts, which is completely idiotic, because you can pause it at any moment while enjoying it in your own home.

Being toxic takes 0 brain cells.

People live to complain and attack. And social media easy access to production creators and actors only fuels their toxic complaints.

The other day someone posted on Twitter how watching 'Master and Commander' helps those that are sleep-deprived to overcome such suffering. Then they included Russell Crowe in the post for added 'I NEED ATTENTION' results. Which he responded what a wonderful experience it was being part of a history-based film. But at least the OP got what they wanted - attention.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

People live to complain and attack. And social media easy access to production creators and actors only fuels their toxic complaints.

The other day someone posted on Twitter how watching 'Master and Commander' helps those that are sleep-deprived to overcome such suffering. Then they included Russell Crowe in the post for added 'I NEED ATTENTION' results. Which he responded what a wonderful experience it was being part of a history-based film. But at least the OP got what they wanted - attention.

The #1 thing that I don't get... If you don't like Zack Snyder, why post on threads about his project(s)? Doesn't make any sense.

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The #1 thing that I don't get... If you don't like Zack Snyder, why post on threads about his project(s)? Doesn't make any sense.

zacksnyderhate01.png.87f7fd4a6b913ed4b6bfc0d3de14f84a.png

It becomes an on-going hobby for some. Pretend how much you hate someone's productions - make it clear how much you dislike their work - but then continue to watch it and comment how much you hate their work. Some planets in the universe consider this healthy and beneficial. (:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

zacksnyderhate01.png.87f7fd4a6b913ed4b6bfc0d3de14f84a.png

It becomes an on-going hobby for some. Pretend how much you hate someone's productions - make it clear how much you dislike their work - but then continue to watch it and comment how much you hate their work. Some planets in the universe consider this healthy and beneficial. (:

I hate Rian Johnson. I've never commented on any Knives Out posts on social media - ever. I'll never see that movie, either. (shrug)

Oh well.

27 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I hate Rian Johnson. I've never commented on any Knives Out posts on social media - ever. I'll never see that movie, either. (shrug)

Oh well.

Knives Out is actually a good movie. As much as I dislike his art-house vision of Star Wars, the guy does know how to make a movie.  Just not one set in an established universe. 

36 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Knives Out is actually a good movie. As much as I dislike his art-house vision of Star Wars, the guy does know how to make a movie.  Just not one set in an established universe. 

That's good to hear, I guess. He wrote TLJ, so I can't imagine enjoying anything he wrote.

42 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

We really enjoyed Knives Out. Quite the story.

Guy on FB is persistent that I am wrong when I state that less than 5 minutes of re-shoots were performed for the Director's Cut. Why can't people educate themselves and accept being wrong? :pullhair:

So, I'm gonna get a 65" Sony 4K TV before this comes out, but I also need to get some sort of sound system. Maybe a soundbar? Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Guy on FB is persistent that I am wrong when I state that less than 5 minutes of re-shoots were performed for the Director's Cut. Why can't people educate themselves and accept being wrong? :pullhair:

When I heard about those re-shoots I thought it might be related to some cliffhanger moments that he was going to use to create the 4 episode style mini series. I guess they are actually parts of the story he was unable to complete based on an original vision.

3 minutes ago, RickSp said:

When I heard about those re-shoots I thought it might be related to some cliffhanger moments that he was going to use to create the 4 episode style mini series. I guess they are actually parts of the story he was unable to complete based on an original vision.

That was a common thought among fans/people, including myself.

This unrelated to your post, but I'm wondering:

Why would Fisher return as Cyborg for JL2 if he said he isn't going to work with Hamada at WB? It seems like he may as well work on The Flash if he has any interest to retain his portrayal of the character. Kinda confusing.

20 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

So, I'm gonna get a 65" Sony 4K TV before this comes out, but I also need to get some sort of sound system. Maybe a soundbar? Any suggestions?

Bose has a really good soundbar.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088KRPCQJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_u4AbGbEA56616

9 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Why would Fisher return as Cyborg for JL2 if he said he isn't going to work with Hamada at WB? It seems like he may as well work on The Flash if he has any interest to retain his portrayal of the character. Kinda confusing.

It is confusing, he clearly got along with Snyder and perhaps he feels like he wouldn't want to let him down if the opportunity to make another JL actually came up. Yet due to the overall relationship with WB and the execs I just can't see how that would work out. Never say never these days but it would take a lot to happen.

Yeah, I'm not really understanding the complaints about this being a 4 hour movie and it being hard to sit through/watch.  If it was being released at a theater, sure I get the complaint, I certainly wouldn't go watch a 4 hour movie at the theater (I'd have to not drink anything for a week prior for my bladder to make it through).

But this is being released on a streaming service, and every streaming device has a pause button.  Is this a case of people complaining just to complain?  

I'd much prefer this be one, four-hour installment than need to wait any amount of time between viewings to get the full measure. It's supposed to be a movie, let's get it as a movie. Four hours is a long as hell movie, but whatever. If it's good, great, and if it's bad, well, I won't watch it again.