• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bentbryan said:

Four one-hour episodes or one four-hour movie. Six of one or a half-dozen of the other to me. I’m just glad that JL is getting a shot at redemption. 

But is it redemption if it isn't viewed as intended? Like, my understanding of this whole mishigas is that Snyder's original vision got messed up after he stepped away--so, if he intended this to be a movie, making four one-hour episodes does a similar thing to this edit? I guess if he's the one deciding to make it four episodes that's fine too. I dunno, I just want to see it already.

13 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

The #1 thing that I don't get... If you don't like Zack Snyder, why post on threads about his project(s)? Doesn't make any sense.

Look at the Wonder Woman thread. I didn’t enjoy the movie and stated it there and moved on. But you have a couple posters who keep returning to it to let us know it was a failure over and over. I don’t think they realize that their own insecurities are showing when they gloat on a “failure” to prop up the movies they like. But I say let the children play. 

7 hours ago, Oddball said:

Look at the Wonder Woman thread. I didn’t enjoy the movie and stated it there and moved on. But you have a couple posters who keep returning to it to let us know it was a failure over and over. I don’t think they realize that their own insecurities are showing when they gloat on a “failure” to prop up the movies they like. But I say let the children play. 

You're talking about the sequel, right?

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

You're talking about the sequel, right?

Yes. Including comparing Tenet (100% theater release) versus WW84 (hybrid release schedule). Comparing apples to kumquats, then giggling, "Can you believe the results?"

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Yes. Including comparing Tenet (100% theater release) versus WW84 (hybrid release schedule). Comparing apples to kumquats, then giggling, "Can you believe the results?"

:facepalm:

The $$$$$ doesn't matter, though. From everything I have heard and read, WW84 does suck. I'll watch it after I get HBO Max when JL comes out, but my expectations are very low. I'm expecting Suicide Squad level of badness.

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

The $$$$$ doesn't matter, though. From everything I have heard and read, WW84 does suck. I'll watch it after I get HBO Max when JL comes out, but my expectations are very low. I'm expecting Suicide Squad level of badness.

It was decent - not great - for me. Kind of like going from Thor to Thor: The Dark World or Iron Man to Iron Man 2 and feeling disappointed afterwards.

Edited by Bosco685
Excuseeeeeee me - 'The Dark World'

Just now, Bosco685 said:

It was decent - not great - for me. Kind of like going from Thor to Thor: The World World or Iron Man to Iron Man 2 and feeling disappointed afterwards.

The World World!? :whatthe:

I like Iron Man 2 a lot. The scene where he and War Machine fight those bots is out of this world world.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

The World World!? :whatthe:

I like Iron Man 2 a lot. The scene where he and War Machine fight those bots is out of this world world.

Iron Man 2 had fun scenes. But storywise, it's nowhere as solid as the first.

And then Iron Man 3 took it down a worse rabbit hole. 'All Hail The King' should have been the post-credits scene. Would have made it the real big twist.

16 hours ago, bentbryan said:

Four one-hour episodes or one four-hour movie. Six of one or a half-dozen of the other to me. I’m just glad that JL is getting a shot at redemption. 

Actually it is a big difference because then they would have to edit the cut into episodes rather than one full length feature.   They would have to edit and structure the cut to have 'breaks' at certain time intervals.  

Hopefully it IS one long movie so when there is a natural break in the final cut I can get up and go to the bathroom, or make a call or run an errand if I have to. 

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Iron Man 2 had fun scenes. But storywise, it's nowhere as solid as the first.

And then Iron Man 3 took it down a worse rabbit hole. 'All Hail The King' should have been the post-credits scene. Would have made it the real big twist.

It also had peak ScarJo.

Idk, it obviously wasn't as good at the first one, but I thought it was really good. Especially after watching The Incredible Hulk...

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It was decent - not great - for me. Kind of like going from Thor to Thor: The Dark World or Iron Man to Iron Man 2 and feeling disappointed afterwards.

I didn't rate WW84 too much either.

But it has made me look forward to her character in JL more as I loved the way WW was in BvS and this will be a continuation of that badass warrior style.

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

It also had peak ScarJo.

Idk, it obviously wasn't as good at the first one, but I thought it was really good. Especially after watching The Incredible Hulk...

Oh, I would definitely take Iron Man 2 continuing Tony Stark's story over The Incredible Hulk any time.

But peak Black Widow was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. A fantastic performance in an amazing film. <3

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Oh, I would definitely take Iron Man 2 continuing Tony Stark's story over The Incredible Hulk any time.

But peak Black Widow was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. A fantastic performance in an amazing film. <3

I just meant appearance-wise.

1 minute ago, RickSp said:

I didn't rate WW84 too much either.

But it has made me look forward to her character in JL more as I loved the way WW was in BvS and this will be a continuation of that badass warrior style.

Oh, I agree. Knowing that Cheetah got away and can continue on, that there is not only a Wonder Woman 3 and The Amazonians committed to and also that we are getting a stronger Justice League in the next few months with Diana and Victor Stone front and center is very exciting.