• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'd love to see them, but I always said that I could "die happy" if the Snyder Cut ever got released. It did, so I can't complain.

Sadly, it's too much to ask for WB/DC to actually utilize the multiverse concept.

I put the odds low, but not completely out of the picture. The Snyder Cut was a big hit for HBO Max. There must be quite a few emails going over the Warner heads to the ultimate ownership asking for more.

Been away a while but just thought I'd give my 2 cents here and say I loved the Snyder cut.  It made JL into one of my top 10 comic based films.  If I could've shaved 15 or 20 minutes off and omitted some of the WW amazon bellowing during her fight scenes it could have entered my top 5.  The Steppenwolf redo was the biggest improvement imho.  Anyway, there's my (w)hole, er, opinion.

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Been away a while but just thought I'd give my 2 cents here and say I loved the Snyder cut.  It made JL into one of my top 10 comic based films.  If I could've shaved 15 or 20 minutes off and omitted some of the WW amazon bellowing during her fight scenes it could have entered my top 5.  The Steppenwolf redo was the biggest improvement imho.  Anyway, there's my (w)hole, er, opinion.

^^

I've thought about this a few times, so now I'm going to 'vocalize' it. I have an idea for when I have too much time on my hands. I want to turn Snyder's trilogy into comic books. Take screenshots, turn them into panels, and type/write the dialogue of the scenes into them.

Maybe when I retire in 30 years? lol

I watched Justice is Gray on Saturday.

• SFX/Soundtrack was mixed well. When my soundbar was maxed out while watching ZSJL, it wasn't as loud as MoS/BvS on disc at about 60% volume. Not sure if JIG is different for some reason, or maybe HBO Max wasn't delivering the proper volume on platform at the time.
  • Sure, I noticed some details that I didn't recognize, but it's likely due to the fact that this was only the 3rd time that I watched the movie in full.
  • Stuff that is supposed to be black/white/gray, or is metal, looks slick. Otherwise, stuff like Flash's suit looks much worse. Steppenwolf's armor looks better, but the VFX for his face look worse.

Definitely prefer the color version.

Speaking with TheFilmJunkee on YouTube, John 'D.J.' Des Jardin – the visual effects supervisor for Zack Snyder’s Justice League – discussed how the addition of the Bat Tank came to be. The tank was one of many ideas Snyder wanted to incorporate into his director’s cut, but it didn’t end up getting selected until pretty late in the process due to time constraints on the production side. Read Des Jardin’s full quote below.

“There were a lot of requests toward the end to try to get a lot of cool stuff going and that was a request that came in at the eleventh hour, and I honestly didn’t know if we could accommodate it because it was a very complicated shot… I did talk to Zack for a while about, ‘dude, I don’t know, I don’t know if we can get this done in time.’ And then finally Bryan [Hirota] and I talked a little bit internally, and agreed, [Snyder] really wants this, and I personally am not going to hear the end of it unless we just do it, so let’s just do it.”

Son of a.... :frustrated:

Having watched this again recently you can tell how much effort he put into this when he came back to complete it in full. And sales in the UK seem to have been good so hopefully it does well over in the US too. It's such a double edged sword when as a fan you want to see it do well but then you think about all the underserving profit that WB execs make from something they didn't even want!

On 9/2/2021 at 5:21 AM, RickSp said:

It's such a double edged sword when as a fan you want to see it do well but then you think about all the underserving profit that WB execs make from something they didn't even want!

This wouldn't matter to me if WB was transparent about the situation. Most of the fans get it; Batfleck is old, you're not getting along with Ray Fisher, and it would be near-impossible to complete the sequels. You could at least acknowledge how well-received this thing is!

I have watched this movie three times on HBOMAX since it was released in March. For me, thats a lot in a short period of time. I watched it in color once and the Gray version twice. Gray is my preferred version now. I have also watched just the single scene of Flash in the finale (you know the scene) probably ten times and wish that I could have seen it in IMAX. I’ve only seen Whedon’s cut once and hated it so much I think it still managed to taint Snyder’s version for me on a small level. There are still several Snyderish scenes I really did not like in his version and some scenes which were fine but did not belong or maybe should have been included at a different point in the movie. All in all, while the movie did not seem long to me at four hours, I could chop 30 minutes of scenes (including that entire 15 minute epilogue scene with Joker followed by Martian Manhunter). The movie should end as the narration says “The time is now” as Clark turns into the alley and opens his shirt. That would be a lean cut for me and near perfect JL movie. I would still want to see those epilogue scenes in the Special Features or extras but they did not belong in the actual film. I believe this movie will stay on HBOMAX indefinitely (correct me if I’m wrong) since its an HBO release and not a WB release. Wouldn’t this be considered an HBO exclusive as they ponied up a lot of the dough? I’m still planning on buying a digital copy on iTunes because I may not keep HBOMAX after my year is up.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:12 AM, Scam Likely said:

I have also watched just the single scene of Flash in the finale (you know the scene) probably ten times and wish that I could have seen it in IMAX.

I’ve only seen Whedon’s cut once and hated it so much I think it still managed to taint Snyder’s version for me on a small level.

All in all, while the movie did not seem long to me at four hours, I could chop 30 minutes of scenes (including that entire 15 minute epilogue scene with Joker followed by Martian Manhunter). The movie should end as the narration says “The time is now” as Clark turns into the alley and opens his shirt. That would be a lean cut for me and near perfect JL movie. I would still want to see those epilogue scenes in the Special Features or extras but they did not belong in the actual film.

Only 10? I watched it probably 200 times on YouTube. lol

Josstice League is the only film that I have ever pirated. I simply love the Justice League characters too much, I had to own it, but under no circumstance was I going to buy it.

I'm guessing that you know the Knightmare prologue was added on because Zack Snyder doesn't expect to return to DC films? Since it never would have made the original film, I agree that it would be something better-off as an extra feature, maybe after all of the credits if streaming on HBO Max. I also agree that there's probably a perfect 3hr 25min movie somewhere in ZSJL.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:03 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This wouldn't matter to me if WB was transparent about the situation. Most of the fans get it; Batfleck is old, you're not getting along with Ray Fisher, and it would be near-impossible to complete the sequels. You could at least acknowledge how well-received this thing is!

That's why if the DCAU had taken on continuing the story this could have gone on as animated features while still linked into the Snyderverse franchise. And STILL continue making all the other DC live movies that WB Studios wants in a Multiverse direction.