• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder’s Justice League easily took the top spot on both the NPD VideoScan First Alert chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart the week ended Sept. 11.

The four-hour director’s cut of the 2017 superhero team-up Justice League, distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, outsold the No. 2 title by a 5-to-1 margin.

Snyder’s re-edited and extended version of the DC Comics adaptation, which he couldn’t finish in 2017, serves as the sequel to his 2013 film Man of Steel and its 2016 follow-up Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and was first released on the HBO Max streaming service in March.

Blu-ray Disc formats accounted for 75% of Zack Snyder’s Justice League first-week unit sales, with 38% of its total tally coming specifically from 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (meaning 37% was regular Blu-ray and 25% was DVD).

A trilogy collection of all three of Snyder’s DC films was No. 14 on the Blu-ray Disc chart.

The previous week’s top overall disc seller, Warner’s The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, dropped to No. 2 on the overall chart. The third “Conjuring” movie was down one spot on the Blu-ray Disc chart to No. 4.

nosurprised.gif.be66f03c920a010df39ca60750e00887.gif

I bought the 4k version without knowing it was in 4:3 format plus others that i know complaint that most of aditional scenes brings nothing better to the movie like 2 or 3 full singing scenes ?most scenes considered pointless?must say it will take me a few days before i watch it for the first time....hope its good.darkseid looks awesome!

On 9/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, Namtak said:

I bought the 4k version without knowing it was in 4:3 format plus others that i know complaint that most of aditional scenes brings nothing better to the movie like 2 or 3 full singing scenes ?most scenes considered pointless?must say it will take me a few days before i watch it for the first time....hope its good.darkseid looks awesome!

So you noted all the opinions of others rather than watching and judging for yourself? Fantastic!

:applause:

On 9/17/2021 at 7:59 PM, Bosco685 said:

So you noted all the opinions of others rather than watching and judging for yourself? Fantastic!

Ho ill watch it but for a 4 hour movie.....better be prepared,i hate watching a movie by segment day after day!thats me!plus 4:3 ratio bummed me a bit,my mind aint set yet!most of my favorite movies are lenghty features like seven samurai avatar extended edition and watchmen ultimate cut with the pirate story incorporated in.(shrug)yeah i like the opinion of others too.was the movie better than the original with joss whedon helping finish the movie?what is your opinion?

On 9/17/2021 at 8:12 PM, Namtak said:

Ho ill watch it but for a 4 hour movie.....better be prepared,i hate watching a movie by segment day after day!thats me!plus 4:3 ratio bummed me a bit,my mind aint set yet!most of my favorite movies are lenghty features like seven samurai avatar extended edition and watchmen ultimate cut with the pirate story incorporated in.(shrug)yeah i like the opinion of others too.was the movie better than the original with joss whedon helping finish the movie?what is your opinion?

I originally thought this would be like a directors cut with some added scenes, some good some bad but none of what Whedon filmed is in the new JL. Only the stuff Snyder filmed. Then the rest of his footage was added in and you now have more than two hours of unseen footage. Do you remember the giant tidal wave scene taken out of James Camerons The Abyss? This was a huge finale that was taken out of the theatrical release. It gave the movie a spectacular ending instead of that ambiguous one we got in the theater. Well this is the second time I’ve ever seen such a big spectacle restored. You’ll know when you see it. I watched the 4 hours in two sittings in one day with a lunch break in the middle. Did not seem like 4 hours at all. 

Edited by Oddball

How about watch it for yourself and make your own determination? Then we can chat about it for sure.

On 9/17/2021 at 8:22 PM, Oddball said:

I originally thought this would be like a directors cut with some added scenes, some good some bad but none of what Whedon filmed is in the new JL. Only the stuff Snyder filmed. Then the rest of his footage was added in and you now have more than two hours of unseen footage. Do you remember the giant tidal wave scene taken out of James Camerons The Abyss? This was a huge finale that was taken out of the theatrical release. It gave the movie a spectacular ending instead of that ambiguous one we got in the theater. Well this is the second time I’ve ever seen such a big spectacle restored. You’ll know when you see it. I watched the 4 hours in two sittings in one day with a lunch break in the middle. Did not seem like 4 hours at all. 

What makes this easier to handle is the 6 clear chapters along with the epilogue.

So if 4 hours is cutting it too tight in your day, plan your viewing around those spots in the film. It doesn't get any easier with an extended film experience.

Edited by Bosco685

On 9/18/2021 at 5:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

What makes this easier to handle is the 6 clear chapters along with the epilogue.

So if 4 hours is cutting it too tight in your day, plan your viewing around those spots in the film. It doesn't get any easier with an extended film experience.

I love extended epic stories like The Irishman. Not ideally suited for the theater (at least for me). But perfect for home viewing. Great for a lazy day off at home when you have nothing planned. 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, Namtak said:

Whoever told you this is certified delusional. More than 3 hours of footage was never seen before. The story of the movie is the same, but it's told completely different. Go in with an open mind, and I fully expect you to enjoy the experience, whether you watch it in 1 sitting or 6 chapter sittings.

Also, the IMAX format makes the most use of character footage. Most movies don't release in full screen. Most widescreen movies have black bars at the top and bottom of your TV, and you have extra and unnecessary details at the sides of scenes throughout. I would prefer a full-screen film, but the format does not hurt this movie in the slightest.

Is Zack Snyder's Justice League perfect? No, but it is a damn good film.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Whoever told you this is certified delusional. More than 3 hours of footage was never seen before. The story of the movie is the same, but it's told completely different. Go in with an open mind, and I fully expect you to enjoy the experience, whether you watch it in 1 sitting or 6 chapter sittings.

Also, the IMAX format makes the most use of character footage. Most movies don't release in full screen. Most widescreen movies have black bars at the top and bottom of your TV, and you have extra and unnecessary details at the sides of scenes throughout. I would prefer a full-screen film, but the format does not hurt this movie in the slightest.

Is Zack Snyder's Justice League perfect? No, but it is a damn good film.

Hear, hear!

The 4:3 was because the movie was formatted for IMAX. I thought it looked fantastic, but I have to admit I would rather that it filled my whole screen.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

But at least with the 4K set of 4 discs you get bluray as well for those still waiting to upgrade your player. Did the UK version have that?

A bit stingy over here. The 4K and standard Blu-ray were sold separately, whereas ordinarily it would’ve been a combined box set as with your US version. First time I’ve seen that happen.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, Ken Aldred said:

A bit stingy over here. The 4K and standard Blu-ray were sold separately, whereas ordinarily it would’ve been a combined box set as with your US version. First time I’ve seen that happen.

Interesting that certain regions got combined digital copies via iTunes or even included in the disc set (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South African, UK - you lucky dog) and many others didn't.