• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

Now, a former Warner Bros. executive is speaking out in defense of the frequently maligned filmmaker. In response to a fan claiming that if anyone other than Zack Snyder had directed Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, the movies would be critically acclaimed, Greg Silverman replied "I couldn't agree more." The former WB exec went on to share his suspicion that Snyder's "kindness, openness, and enthusiasm created an environment for critics to undervalue his work." 

Silverman is far from the first person to attest to Snyder's quality of character. His close friend and filmmaker Christopher Nolan, who worked with him in various capacities on his DCEU installments, has also called Snyder likable and enthusiastic. While many who have worked with Snyder have vouched for his character, what's more controversial is the actual quality of his films, his entries into the DCEU being the most scrutinized.

On 1/6/2022 at 4:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's easy to anonymously attack someone who turns the other cheek. Sadly, when you don't defend yourself, ignorant minds see whatever is being said as an unchallenged truth.

As a creative mind, I always thought it a tremendous virtue that Snyder doesn't address attacks on him. Rather, if someone sought an explanation for a creative choice in his movies, he was always there on Vero or Twitter to answer someone that brought a valid question in a respectful manner.

I've actually thought about signing up for Vero to ask him what his favorite scene is that he has recorded in his films, in hopes that he would respond.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's easy to anonymously attack someone who turns the other cheek. Sadly, when you don't defend yourself, ignorant minds see whatever is being said as an unchallenged truth.

As a creative mind, I always thought it a tremendous virtue that Snyder doesn't address attacks on him. Rather, if someone sought an explanation for a creative choice in his movies, he was always there on Vero or Twitter to answer someone that brought a valid question in a respectful manner.

I've actually thought about signing up for Vero to ask him what his favorite scene is that he has recorded in his films, in hopes that he would respond.

Professional critics and everyday moviegoers have said horrible things about Zack Snyder's character, the suicide of his daughter and even jokes about his mother. As if he had said something personal or despicable to them directly or someone they knew. And at times all because either they prefer the Marvel Studios connected world, or dislike Snyder's interpretation of DC characters because they are fixated on a given period in a comic book character's legacy and lore.

snyderhater001.thumb.png.2fcc428a99b514a8b03ba59784653497.png

Snyderhater200520.JPG.338c490d250aa8ae8f012f3b0c65de9a.JPG

zacksnyderhate01.png.f0cd4a2591886f7dc10d8f22cd510b7d.png

zacksnyderhate02.png.be0c8e62775052e7453bb8352188825d.png

Heck, even someone like Steve Weintraub, who normally seems like just a fellow fan has taken his shots.

frosty01.jpg.05fab85b983b79eb0e2fe4709a0d3a0d.jpg

This is not normal behavior towards a movie creator. And if anyone thinks it is normal behavior, check yourself into a clinic. You need it!

Edited by Bosco685

And let's not forget the reason why Scott Mendelson started going on a hate tear with the Snyder Cut is because Zack Snyder cleared up something Mendelson posted. This then turned into a Grace Randolph hate of Jessica Chastain situation because a creator or actor made it clear what was posted was in error.

snydercut_mendelson.PNG.8d29252300fafae30c9598da1e445058.PNG

:facepalm:

And with Jordan Hoffman that posted this...

Jordan_Hoffman01.jpg.76d479eff274c03b00f1e0132b07da6d.jpg

When the Snyder Cut was coming out, he posted this article for Vanity Fair in advance proclaiming there was only going to be 5 new minutes of footage.

'professional industry reporters' :shiftyeyes:

Almost a year since this came out. Hype was huge 12 months ago now, with that little glimmer of hope there may be more to follow some day…. I guess that’s pretty much been sidelined now.

I’m sure it will get some online attention on its anniversary in March at which point I think I’ll treat myself to another watch. I love this film, and I hated the theatrical version. Which only makes it more significant to me to see how a film done as it was meant to can be so astoundingly different to a studio version.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

Snyder_Verse.thumb.jpg.797b38aa39564ccd3b79b4c4dfc4ba4d.jpg

I love that the team doesn't have a weak link other than Batman. However, he's Batman... Always wished that Black Widow and Hawkeye died in The Avengers. No business fighting any army of robots or aliens and surviving.

It's really awful that we'll never see these 6 alongside Martian Manhunter, John Stewart, Hal Jordan, The Atom, and possibly SHAZAM (and others) in future JL movies.

Imagine Darkseid and Anti-Life Superman taking a fight to Earth and whooping these defenders' aces while Cyborg and Joker send The Flash back to the right time to stop it.

Zack Snyder's Justice League Steelbook Specials

ZSJL_Premiums_Gold-Box_5000x.thumb.jpg.0fbc1a4c0194c741947ba9736c54a950.jpg

ZSJL_Premiums-Red-Box_5000x.thumb.jpg.695e48bd4b3821227ce3fc6143fedf8b.jpg

ZSJL_Premiums-White-Box_5000x.thumb.jpg.6c95c8f4282bdcbf1cb708df93f0edb7.jpg

ZSJL_Box_front_5000x.thumb.jpg.373fe479d4d2401522157d82f613123d.jpg

ZSJL_Box_Back-v2_5000x.thumb.jpg.ab87ed7d906cf29dbf8dbc2cb8e8caaf.jpg

PRE-ORDER IS AT 8PM, JANUARY 28TH, 2022. (HKT, UTC+8) 

• 500 Sets, Numbered 1-500. (Limited to 1 set per order)
  • Release Date: March 28th, 2022
  • Price: $184.97 
  • WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
  • One Click: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing
  • Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

And with Jordan Hoffman that posted this...

Jordan_Hoffman01.jpg.76d479eff274c03b00f1e0132b07da6d.jpg

When the Snyder Cut was coming out, he posted this article for Vanity Fair in advance proclaiming there was only going to be 5 new minutes of footage.

'professional industry reporters' :shiftyeyes:

Snyder needs a "bullet in his forehead" because he doesn't like Hawkman? People like this need to be taken off the streets and thrown into a padded cell. 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:44 AM, Larryw7 said:

Snyder needs a "bullet in his forehead" because he doesn't like Hawkman? People like this need to be taken off the streets and thrown into a padded cell. 

Yes, Hoffman is a child. I know there are guys here that can better explain the details, but I thought Snyder only actually filmed an additional 30 minutes once the project was greenlit to continue. That doesn’t just mean 30 minutes of new footage because he already had hours of unseen footage that wasn’t used or “was in the can.”  My initial reaction was this could be like some other directors cuts where they put back scenes which were taken out for good reason. Interrupting flow or just unnecessary additions. But there were big segments that were gone that were crucial to this films success. I didn’t like or enjoy Justice League upon release and believed this new cut would improve it but not really change its dynamic. Like the extended BvS. BvS was not great for me but the Ultimate Edition really improved upon it. But it was still the same movie. Not the case for ZSJL obviously. I loved this movie so much that it actually improved BvS for me. I still hate the title: Batman vs Superman. Like a seven-year-old was brought in to consult for his title recommendations. 

On 1/19/2022 at 5:19 AM, ▫️ said:

I know there are guys here that can better explain the details, but I thought Snyder only actually filmed an additional 30 minutes once the project was greenlit to continue.

Are we talking about ZSJL? Snyder filmed less than 5 minutes of additional photography in 2020, which includes the Knightmare Epilogue, and Harry Lennix's transformation scene. The other 3 hours of 'new' footage was just stuff that WB left on the cutting room floor that was shot in 2016.