• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 7:16 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Are we talking about ZSJL? Snyder filmed less than 5 minutes of additional photography in 2020, which includes the Knightmare Epilogue, and Harry Lennix's transformation scene. The other 3 hours of 'new' footage was just stuff that WB left on the cutting room floor that was shot in 2016.

Bingo!

The only other scene Zack Snyder shot which then WB Studios demanded he remove was with John Stewart.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Are we talking about ZSJL? Snyder filmed less than 5 minutes of additional photography in 2020, which includes the Knightmare Epilogue, and Harry Lennix's transformation scene. The other 3 hours of 'new' footage was just stuff that WB left on the cutting room floor that was shot in 2016.

Ok thats right. I thought he filmed closer to a half hour for some reason. There was so much misinformation going on throughout the process I got confused. 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:59 AM, ▫️ said:

Ok thats right. I thought he filmed closer to a half hour for some reason. There was so much misinformation going on throughout the process I got confused. 

It was bloggers and 'studio insider reporters' that were dropping all sorts of misinformation to justify their 2017-2020 accounts there was no Zack Snyder's Justice League because he never finished filming.

So they were noting how he was having to excessively catch up with reshoots to finish his film before 2021.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:00 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

"It's the same movie with just a few new scenes."

Exactly!

On 1/7/2022 at 7:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

And with Jordan Hoffman that posted this...

Jordan_Hoffman01.jpg.76d479eff274c03b00f1e0132b07da6d.jpg

When the Snyder Cut was coming out, he posted this article for Vanity Fair in advance proclaiming there was only going to be 5 new minutes of footage.

'professional industry reporters' :shiftyeyes:

On 1/19/2022 at 4:02 PM, Bosco685 said:

It was bloggers and 'studio insider reporters' that were dropping all sorts of misinformation to justify their 2017-2020 accounts there was no Zack Snyder's Justice League because he never finished filming.

So they were noting how he was having to excessively catch up with reshoots to finish his film before 2021.

This is why I want a filmed documentary on the making of process. Anything they have. I want to see the deleted scenes and the stuff they just didn’t use. Imagine what was left on the cutting room floor. 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:03 AM, ▫️ said:

I’m glad they didn’t call it a Directors Cut or Special Edition or whatever. It’s just his original movie. 

I wouldn't really say that, because the Theatrical/WB Cut would've been significantly shorter, and I think that his extended cut would also be somewhat shorter if it was on disc in 2018. I think that he was over-indulgent on this one because he almost had carte blanche. It's such a unique experience that we will never know what the 2018 Snyder Cut would've been. Junkie XL also re-did some of his score.

It's the original plot and story for JL, though, with the Knightmare added on.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:10 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wouldn't really say that, because the Theatrical/WB Cut would've been significantly shorter, and I think that his extended cut would also be somewhat shorter if it was on disc in 2018. I think that he was over-indulgent on this one because he almost had carte blanche. It's such a unique experience that we will never know what the 2018 Snyder Cut would've been. Junkie XL also re-did some of his score.

Wasn’t he planning a JL part one and two? Or was that more misinformation? If so, then the 4 hour cut we just got probably would have have had elements spread throughout two theatrical releases.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:12 AM, ▫️ said:

Wasn’t he planning a JL part one and two? Or was that more misinformation? If so, then the 4 hour cut we just got probably would have have had elements spread throughout two theatrical releases.

There were supposed to be 3 JL films. Based on the 5-hour assembly cut, WB wanted the movie we saw to be 2 films, but there isn't enough plot/action there to split it into 2 movies.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:12 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The first trailer proved everyone wrong, but even then, people still proclaimed that it wasn't too different.

When the cinematographer came out and said that only 10-20% of JL was Snyder footage, I was sold.

If I recall there was a poster or two in this thread that said they didn’t really notice much difference between the two versions. I just walked away from the screen at that point.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, ▫️ said:

If I recall there was a poster or two in this thread that said they didn’t really notice much difference between the two versions. I just walked away from the screen at that point.

The plot is the same, sure; Steppenwolf invades Earth to form The Unity, and the Justice League must resurrect Superman to stop him. The story and writing are almost entirely different, though. One must be blind, deaf, and dumb to convey otherwise.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's about as accurate as you can make it.

The WB CEO edict of making it a 2-hour film was later in the process. So knowing Snyder always films longer, finished cuts and then peels it back from there he may have been going for close to 3 hours.

On 1/18/2022 at 11:44 PM, Larryw7 said:

Snyder needs a "bullet in his forehead" because he doesn't like Hawkman? People like this need to be taken off the streets and thrown into a padded cell. 

Twitter has shown me that we need Skynet. 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

There were supposed to be 3 JL films. Based on the 5-hour assembly cut, WB wanted the movie we saw to be 2 films, but there isn't enough plot/action there to split it into 2 movies.

Some might say there wasn't even enough plot for 1 movie. 😃😃😃