• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

I always have to remind myself that actors can get from A to Z real quick because of steroids. People who opt not to go that route, such as myself, must lose the fat first before bulking up. It's incredibly difficult to build muscle on a calorie deficit (but it's easy with steroids).

On 1/26/2022 at 12:39 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I always have to remind myself that actors can get from A to Z real quick because of steroids. People who opt not to go that route, such as myself, must lose the fat first before bulking up. It's incredibly difficult to build muscle on a calorie deficit (but it's easy with steroids).

And of course everybody has the BEST diet plan for you. It took me a while to realize everybody else’s plan may work for them or even the masses but you must build your own plan. My plan was built from failure. Failure of all those popular proven plans. In the end I found success by mixing plans and training. Intermittent fasting played a good role as well. I eat whatever I want from 2pm to 6pm. Outside of that 4 hour window I take in zero calories, just water and black coffee.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:20 AM, ▫️ said:

And of course everybody has the BEST diet plan for you. It took me a while to realize everybody else’s plan may work for them or even the masses but you must build your own plan. My plan was built from failure. Failure of all those popular proven plans. In the end I found success by mixing plans and training. Intermittent fasting played a good role as well. I eat whatever I want from 2pm to 6pm. Outside of that 4 hour window I take in zero calories, just water and black coffee.

Since we're sharing diets... :)

Saturday thru Thursday I consume ~300 calories between 7 AM and 3 PM, then ~1,000 calorie dinner, and fast for about 14 hours. I also consume 120-140 oz of water daily. On Friday (cheat day, necessary IMO), my dinner has no calorie restrictions, and I drink a half-bottle of scotch while I play video games with my friends. I try to workout light every day except for Friday, so that once I shed the fat I am not starting from scratch. Other than Friday, all of my meals must be higher in protein than fat.

IMO calorie deficit and protein > fat are the 2 most important aspects of shedding fat. I used a different diet over the past 2 years that had some success, but because I was trying to build muscle at the same time I would either occasionally over-eat, or would be incredibly lethargic. A British man named James Smith has contributed a lot of free advice that has helped more than I could've asked for.

On 1/26/2022 at 6:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

The two Amazons that broke that dropped the trap walls to lock in Steppenwolf.

ZSJL_Amazon01.thumb.jpg.d9859e81738750aae421db3b14b78477.jpg

ZSJL_Amazon02.thumb.jpg.f0046859cad74088497bfc4000373181.jpg

I love the Snyder Cut but ‘sealing the cave’ never made sense to me.  The enemy didn’t come in through the door… they used a Boom Tube AND the whole thing was built with a hole in the ceiling.  Hmmm…. BUT, if you do ever need to seal a cave I guess these two are the ones to do it for you!

On 1/28/2022 at 5:21 PM, Iconic1s said:

I love the Snyder Cut but ‘sealing the cave’ never made sense to me.  The enemy didn’t come in through the door… they used a Boom Tube AND the whole thing was built with a hole in the ceiling.  Hmmm…. BUT, if you do ever need to seal a cave I guess these two are the ones to do it for you!

The Penetralium, the building where the Mother Box was guarded, had a thick metal grate across the hole versus some huge gap for things to fly through. You can see it when examining the image below.

El_Penetralium_se_cae.thumb.png.fbe8291582d16f7bb679094ea6b43e0c.png

It was designed as a heavily fortified building for easier protection of the Mother Box. Based on the first invasion where ships were used, I doubt the Amazons, Atlanteans and humans had any idea of Boom Tubes at that time. So designing this with such Apokoliptian technology in mind would have assumed there was awareness of such travel. The thinking was most probably to keep invaders out - not in.

On 1/29/2022 at 7:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

The Penetralium, the building where the Mother Box was guarded, had a thick metal grate across the hole versus some huge gap for things to fly through. You can see it when examining the image below.

El_Penetralium_se_cae.thumb.png.fbe8291582d16f7bb679094ea6b43e0c.png

It was designed as a heavily fortified building for easier protection of the Mother Box. Based on the first invasion where ships were used, I doubt the Amazons, Atlanteans and humans had any idea of Boom Tubes at that time. So designing this with such Apokoliptian technology in mind would have assumed there was awareness of such travel. The thinking was most probably to keep invaders out - not in.

Thanks for the info!  My point was that once the Penetralium was entered via Boom Tube their response should have changed.  Instead, pretty much everyone was yelling to 'seal the cave', which at that time made zero sense.  They basically wasted two pretty tough warriors (and a lot of effort and time) JUST to seal this when it was just shown to be a pointless action due to the Boom Tube.

They had 5000 years to develop plans for if the box ever woke up.  The only plan it appears they came up with in those 5000 years consisted of:

1) Touch it to see what happens.

2) Call the Queen

3) Point arrows at it, and...

4) Seal the chamber!

Maybe if they had adapted this plan upon enemy action, Steppenwolf wouldn't have gotten the Amazon box so easily!  They could have just ran like heck with the Mother Box and let everyone else continue to fight, at the very least.

Edited by Iconic1s

On 1/29/2022 at 4:04 PM, Iconic1s said:

Thanks for the info!  My point was that once the Penetralium was entered via Boom Tube their response should have changed.  Instead, pretty much everyone was yelling to 'seal the cave', which at that time made zero sense.  They basically wasted two pretty tough warriors (and a lot of effort and time) JUST to seal this when it was just shown to be a pointless action due to the Boom Tube.

They had 5000 years to develop plans for if the box ever woke up.  The only plan it appears they came up with in those 5000 years consisted of:

2) Call the Queen

4) Seal the chamber!

Maybe if they had adapted this plan upon enemy action, Steppenwolf wouldn't have gotten the Amazon box so easily!  They could have just ran like heck with the Mother Box and let everyone else continue to fight, at the very least.

Maybe sealing the cave was a delay tactic, so they could get the box away?

Remember, it did drop in the water, and if Hippoylta wasn't standing there watching, the could have gotten a bigger head start.

Unless, I'm mistaken, the boom tube would taken Steppenwolf back to the origin point, and then he'd have to take another one back to Themyscara. That also would give the Amazons time to move the box.

Finally, the flashback doesn't show the use of boom tubes, so how would the Amazons know about it? They came by spaceship, and Darkseid jumped out of it out and was carried back in after his butt was kicked.

On 1/29/2022 at 5:04 PM, Iconic1s said:

2) Call the Queen

4) Seal the chamber!

What he says below. You may be forcing yourself to dismiss the scene when in reality it made sense it was all about holding him off once the Boom Tube dropped Steppenwolf and the Parademons.

On 1/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, D84 said:

Maybe sealing the cave was a delay tactic, so they could get the box away?

Remember, it did drop in the water, and if Hippoylta wasn't standing there watching, the could have gotten a bigger head start.

Unless, I'm mistaken, the boom tube would taken Steppenwolf back to the origin point, and then he'd have to take another one back to Themyscara. That also would give the Amazons time to move the box.

Finally, the flashback doesn't show the use of boom tubes, so how would the Amazons know about it? They came by spaceship, and Darkseid jumped out of it out and was carried back in after his butt was kicked.

They didn't know about the Boom Tubes. The invading ships were used to attack Earth.

:applause:

On 1/29/2022 at 4:43 PM, D84 said:

Finally, the flashback doesn't show the use of boom tubes, so how would the Amazons know about it? They came by spaceship, and Darkseid jumped out of it out and was carried back in after his butt was kicked

On 1/29/2022 at 5:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

They didn't know about the Boom Tubes. The invading ships were used to attack Earth.

I’m with you guys and know I’m over thinking this!  I also get that the design was based on the earlier invasion, etc.

It is just weird though that everyone is tasked with protecting (in their own way) one third of the most dangerous weapons known… the Humans just bury theirs while the Amazonians and Atlanteans do nothing to improve their defense of this weapon in about 5000 years while, at the very least, tech on Earth has advanced so much during that time. 

Edited by Iconic1s

On 1/29/2022 at 7:44 PM, Iconic1s said:

I’m with you guys and know I’m over thinking this!  I also get that the design was based on the earlier invasion, etc.

It is just weird though that everyone is tasked with protecting (in their own way) one third of the most dangerous weapons known… the Humans just bury theirs while the Amazonians and Atlanteans do nothing to improve their defense of this weapon in about 5000 years while, at the very least, tech on Earth has advanced so much during that time. 

I think you are right in that you may be over-thinking this. But no offense is intended.

All assumed just by keeping them separated and hidden it was good enough. Even to convey after all those millennia at least the Amazons and Atlanteans were still on high alert tells us they took it very serious.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

What he says below. You may be forcing yourself to dismiss the scene when in reality it made sense it was all about holding him off once the Boom Tube dropped Steppenwolf and the Parademons.

:applause:

I didn’t even think about any of that, I just assumed she was running down that hall with box in hand and wanted to put some walls down to slow the big guy down. Who knew he could Super Mario jump when he did get out.

On 1/29/2022 at 7:44 PM, Iconic1s said:

Well, what are the Amazon's or Atlantean's possible course of action? The Old Gods, and Atlan, are dead. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are not parts of their communities. These are ancient civilizations whose best weapons are their godly inheritances. The "what if" question here doesn't have an answer. These civilizations are cut off from modern mankind.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:00 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Well, what are the Amazon's or Atlantean's possible course of action? The Old Gods, and Atlan, are dead. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are not parts of their communities. These are ancient civilizations whose best weapons are their godly inheritances. The "what if" question here doesn't have an answer. These civilizations are cut off from modern mankind.

I agree with you 50%… 

the Atlanteans displayed infinitely better tech in the Aquaman movie (assuming this is part of the Snyderverse as Orm and unrest with the surface was referred to) than what they used to guard their box.  They could have easily upgraded their method of defense based on that tech, but did not.  Again, they are guarding 1/3 of the most lethal weapon in the Multiverse?!

the Amazonians on  the other hand, really were pretty lazy… they used the last 5000 years to work on their archery skills and to sculpt their abs, neither of which did them a bit of good against Steppenwolf.  Which again, brings me to my first point… it was really pointless to ‘seal the cave.’  They were actually terrible warriors once contact with the enemy was made.  Their thinking was linear and they lacked the ability to adapt.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:25 AM, Iconic1s said:

I agree with you 50%… 

the Atlanteans displayed infinitely better tech in the Aquaman movie (assuming this is part of the Snyderverse as Orm and unrest with the surface was referred to) than what they used to guard their box.  They could have easily upgraded their method of defense based on that tech, but did not.  Again, they are guarding 1/3 of the most lethal weapon in the Multiverse?!

the Amazonians on  the other hand, really were pretty lazy… they used the last 5000 years to work on their archery skills and to sculpt their abs, neither of which did them a bit of good against Steppenwolf.  Which again, brings me to my first point… it was really pointless to ‘seal the cave.’  They were actually terrible warriors once contact with the enemy was made.  Their thinking was linear and they lacked the ability to adapt.

What could the Atlanteans have done to stop Steppenwolf? The whole idea of the movie is that the whole Justice League can't even stop him without Superman.

What could the Amazons have done to stop Steppenwolf? The answer is the same. I think that it's disingenuous to say that they were terrible warriors; They fought valiantly, and other than Gods (which Steppenwolf is a New God) sealing and dropping off the building would stop any other intruder.

Steppenwolf will stomp either race without breaking much of a sweat.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Steppenwolf will stomp either race without breaking much of a sweat.

Which is why they should have done more to prepare in the 5000 years they were given. If the plan was always to sacrifice a few lives before handing over the box then they did great.  However, they should have at least acted like they wanted to keep the box from the enemy and built up their defenses.  Any military in a defensive position continually improves their positions, they did not.  They basically planned to fail before the battle even started.  That’s not being good warriors. If nothing else, Steve crashing on the island should have been a wake up call that things had evolved beyond swords and arrows on Earth and that they should step up their defensive game.

The Amazonians may have been good ‘fighters’ but a warrior learns, and adapts to the situation… even tries to anticipate the enemies next move. They did none of that, and throwing away at least two lives to seal cave when it no longer mattered is case in point.  They were too rigid and failed in part because of it.

Atlanteans?  Even worse… in 5000 years they ‘descended into the sea’ and developed wildly advanced technology to thrive there. Yet, in 5000 years they didn't even move the box!  Shoot, they could have moved it to the Rift, or kept it on the move in one of their ships. Ultimately wouldn’t have made a difference but they didn’t know that, and it would have meant they were trying.

Humans let theirs fall into Nazi hands… enough said there.

Again, I love the movie but sealing the cave was just an excuse for some action and slo-mo abs. In reality it made no sense so thank goodness it’s a movie.

Out!

On 1/31/2022 at 7:19 PM, Iconic1s said:

Which is why they should have done more to prepare in the 5000 years they were given. If the plan was always to sacrifice a few lives before handing over the box then they did great.  However, they should have at least acted like they wanted to keep the box from the enemy and built up their defenses.  Any military in a defensive position continually improves their positions, they did not.  They basically planned to fail before the battle even started.  That’s not being good warriors. If nothing else, Steve crashing on the island should have been a wake up call that things had evolved beyond swords and arrows on Earth and that they should step up their defensive game.

The Amazonians may have been good ‘fighters’ but a warrior learns, and adapts to the situation… even tries to anticipate the enemies next move. They did none of that, and throwing away at least two lives to seal cave when it no longer mattered is case in point.  They were too rigid and failed in part because of it.

Atlanteans?  Even worse… in 5000 years they ‘descended into the sea’ and developed wildly advanced technology to thrive there. Yet, in 5000 years they didn't even move the box!  Shoot, they could have moved it to the Rift, or kept it on the move in one of their ships. Ultimately wouldn’t have made a difference but they didn’t know that, and it would have meant they were trying.

Humans let theirs fall into Nazi hands… enough said there.

Again, I love the movie but sealing the cave was just an excuse for some action and slo-mo abs. In reality it made no sense so thank goodness it’s a movie.

Out!

They defeated Uxas and no one showed up for 5,000 years. They would literally have no clue that Steppenwolf would stomp them or that Darkseid would possess the Omega Effect.

What could they have actually done? Nothing. It looks like nit-picking for the sake of nit-picking.

It is kind of a trope, isn't it?  In Tolkien's Return of the King the sleeping guards are awakened to light the warning fires to signal Sauron's return after untold years. Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower, Princes Kept the View..."  Probably both alluding to Old Testament prophecy to be ready for what's coming. 

Its use here might also be a subtle commentary about preparing for the last conflict, rather than anticipating the next.  Or, ritualizing a practice that made sense thousands of years ago, but maybe the current practitioners have forgotten the original intent, or are just going through the motions now?