• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Kiramouse said:

Type: Standard (sub grades)

Delivered to CGC: 11/06/2020

Received in by CGC : 11/16/2020

my 20 day sub has been sitting at CGC for 35 calendar days (24 business days)

The way they write their SLA, they are still inside of 20 days as they start the clock once it's 'received' in the system.  All the grading co's seem to fudge the stats by not starting the clock until it's been fully 'received'.  There's a guy above that was received the same day and his are graded/sent, so that 11/16 day must be close to the processing point for standard submissions right now.  Hoping more 'bulk' orders get posted so we can see what those look like.

3 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

The way they write their SLA, they are still inside of 20 days as they start the clock once it's 'received' in the system.  All the grading co's seem to fudge the stats by not starting the clock until it's been fully 'received'.  There's a guy above that was received the same day and his are graded/sent, so that 11/16 day must be close to the processing point for standard submissions right now.  Hoping more 'bulk' orders get posted so we can see what those look like.

Where are the SLA agreements that state this? 

every other company is clear up front stating delays in opening and receiving in packages. not CGC

Just now, Kiramouse said:

Where are the SLA agreements that state this? 

every other company is clear up front stating delays in opening and receiving in packages. not CGC

And every other company is taking 6 months to deliver on 20 day submissions.  I'm certain CGC's clock starts on their SLA, by their math, on the date that it's fully received in their system.  They do not start the clock on delivery receipt to their PO Box.  

I sent in a comic Economy and was received 9/1.  On 9/1 the turnaround was 53 working days.  Since that time the turnaround has increased to 83 days.  So my question is should I have received the comic after 53 days or now I have to wait 83 days? It's not really clear.  

Type: Bulk

Arrived at their "Post office" on 11/16

Received: 11/30

So that is 10 business days that it just sat and I believe should be included in the turnaround time.  I don't mind waiting.  I just think they should update their turnaround times from when it arrives at their location to be more transparent.  

Edited by LKG

I think that PJ Mack person did the same thing; it's interesting, as it seems they do modify the turnaround times on the comics based on throughput and their submission load.  I would wager we'll see an increase to the posted SLAs for TCG soon, unless they think they can get things under control post-holidays.  

Sub 1:

Economy/ no sub-grades/ 7 cards

Received: 12/11/20

Sub 2:

Economy/sub-grades/ 5 cards

Received: 12/11/20

Sub 3:

Walkthrough/sub-grades/ 3 cards

Received: 12/14/20

Shipped: 12/16/20
Sub 4:

Walkthrough/sub-grades/ 1 card

Received: 12/15/20

Shipped: 12/17/20
Sub 5:

Economy/sub-grades/ 21 card

Received: 12/15/20

Edited by LordSherman

so last week we had a bulk received 10/28 and a standard from 11/16 move into scheduled for grading.  Several folks with economy grading from early November still 'received'.  That should mean that most bulk folks from that first week of November might move this week?  Maybe economy is a week ahead of bulk?  I feel like my 11/11 bulk shipment is going to be post-Christmas, based on this.  

3 hours ago, Zj_collect said:

I've been Received for 21 business days; my 'estimated turnaround time' was 30 business days.

Economy, sub grades.
Received Date: Nov 12
Current Status: Received

We have the same order, except that I do not have sub-grades, but yes I'm still in received as well. Being at 21 days makes me believe there is no shot we get this finished within the 30 day timeline, which is a bummer

Ok, so my 11/11 bulk submission (55 cards, all same order type) just moved to Scheduled for Grading.  I noticed that one of my cards maybe got flagged for research or perhaps isn't eligible to grade.  It's a Japanese Mew from one of the half decks they did.  They flagged it as "INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE".  It's fairly findable: 

https://www.trollandtoad.com/pokemon/mirage-s-mew-constructed-starter-deck/mew-japanese-005-016-holo-1st-edition-mirage-s-mew-constructed-starter-deck-/1472474

I'll be curious to see if they either get it added so they can grade it, or if perhaps it just wasn't in the system and isn't available.  PSA has graded this card, so hopefully they find it.  I probably annoyed the researcher with several weird Mew Japanese Mew cards.