• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overs and Unders - Books you'd hold / buy, those you'd sell asap
2 2

44 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

SELL:  Batman Adventures #12 and New Mutants #98.  No reason, other than I personally don't care for the characters. 

No reason, other than I personally don’t care for the characters. Lol. Amazing. 
Amen to that. Both of that. 

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Hold

Any Silver age Spidey Key

FF 48-Silver Surfer

FF 49-Galactus 

ASM 300-Venom is one of the hottest characters in all of comics.

NM 98 Deadpool really popular 

Sell

BA 12

EOSV 002

IM 55

Sell these:

ASM 300-Venom is one of the hottest characters in all of comics.

NM 98 Deadpool really popular

buy later.

A month ago for #300 would have been nice when one topped $5,700 Universal

11 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

these people are about the only ones who will buy modern drek...

AdobeStock_38237998_fmt.png

I asked but they said nope.

5 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

HOLD:  Fantastic Four- Silver/Bronze/Copper Age- all issues.  Never know what the MCU will do with them. 

SELL:  Batman Adventures #12 and New Mutants #98.  No reason, other than I personally don't care for the characters. 

Bail on NM #98 period. Who the heck wants ugly leg comics. Stilts for legs should be left for alien comics (thumbsu

Lot of people here poop on moderns.  But how do you explain all the hot stuff this year.  Star Wars, Turtles, Venom, Thor.  And of course Miles and Gwen and anything even remotely associated.  And every week I am seeing a list of variants that are just going out of control.  Seems to be plenty of market for the stuff.

hold:

New Mutants 98 - they said everything for me

Daredevil 1 - although I tried to sell it recently, but it turned out to be a failure. I think the prices will rise even more by the time the film and the series are released.

Marvel Spotlight 5 - Prices have skyrocketed recently. I think that with the introduction of the ghost rider in the MCU, prices will rise even more

drop:

Thor # 2 and Thor # 5 - are one of my biggest comic collecting mistakes I've made. Although it's probably too late to get rid of them.

I don't want to have more to do with the keys of modern comics

11 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

Lot of people here poop on moderns.  But how do you explain all the hot stuff this year.  Star Wars, Turtles, Venom, Thor.  And of course Miles and Gwen and anything even remotely associated.  And every week I am seeing a list of variants that are just going out of control.  Seems to be plenty of market for the stuff.

lemmings-off-a-cliff.gif

11 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

.  And every week I am seeing a list of variants that are just going out of control.  Seems to be plenty of market for the stuff.

dreck
/drek/

noun
INFORMAL
noun: drek
  1. rubbish; trash.
    "these moderns are pure dreck"

21 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

I know. We all think the market is dead but...

I mean, come on, it isn’t dead. 

0030960E-6A86-4DAE-B794-E883092CC3E8.jpeg

On 12/12/2020 at 12:32 AM, Poekaymon said:

THERE'S VARIANTS OVER HEEEERRREEEE

AnotherScornfulAmericancreamdraft-small.gif

On 12/12/2020 at 12:37 PM, Mercury Man said:

And every week I am seeing a list of variants that are just going out of control. 

Yes but your list of variants 'going out of control' pales in comparison to the thousands of variants created, that do nothing.  The dollar boxes are now full of the ones that never took off.    I picked up up an Iron Man Agent of Shield #15 variant for ,80 cents yesterday.  Perfect Condition, and I like the cover, but if you tell me you got a hot variant, my reaction is....

ladi.jpg

Edited by Mercury Man

3 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Yes but your list of variants 'going out of control' pales in comparison to the thousands of variants created, that do nothing.  The dollar boxes are now full of the ones that never took off.    I picked up up an Iron Man Agent of Shield #15 variant for ,80 cents yesterday.  Perfect Condition, and I like the cover, but if you tell me you got a hot variant, my reaction is....

Seems like you only need to hit one once in a while based on how much some of them explode.  Anyway, they probably wouldn't churn them out if they didn't sell, right?  Just an observation--I don't collect them.