• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

390 posts in this topic

Two new The Mandalorian spin-offs, Ahsoka Tano and Rangers of the New Republic, will be crossing over. On the heels of the success of the Pedro Pascal-led series, Lucasfilm is expanding their live-action Star Wars lineup with two new offshoots being developed by Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.

Picking up from the success of Ahsoka's live-action debut in The Mandalorian season 2 played by Rosario Dawson, Ahsoka Tano will follow the former Jedi on a new adventure that takes place after the fall of the Empire in Return of the Jedi. Meanwhile, a second, more mysterious, offshoot has also been confirmed to be Rangers of the New Republic, which will more likely be about some of the key characters from the galactic's governing body following the defeat of Emperor Palpatine and his troops. Both shows will tackle separate stories but are set to converge down the road.

As revealed by Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy at Disney's Investor Day presentation, Ahsoka Tano and Rangers of the New Republic will come together in the future. Unfortunately, nothing else was revealed about the crossover at this point, but it's proof that Lucasfilm is also building their interconnected stories on the small screen through Disney+

Edited by Bosco685

16 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

This theory would help “fix” some of the prequel mess around Luke’s decision to go off the grid. 

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/ahsoka-theory-series-luke-skywalker-grogu/amp

Interesting.

But even Mark Hamill has stated that he disagreed with how his character was handled in the movie. When Last Jedi premiered, Hamill recalled a conversation with the film's director, Rian Johnson:

"I said to Rian, 'Jedis don't give up.' I mean, even if [Luke] had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup, but if he made a mistake, he would try to right that wrong, so right there, we had a fundamental difference. But it's not my story anymore, it's somebody else's story and Rian needed me to be a certain way to make the ending effective. That's the crux of my problem. Luke would never say that. I'm sorry."

Hamill raises a fair point. If you think about the character we knew in the original trilogy, his portrayal in the sequels doesn't totally make sense — even if it works within The Last Jedi's narrative. However, much like The Clone Wars used Ahsoka to massage some of the rougher details of the prequels into a cleaner story, Ahsoka showrunner Dave Filoni could use her again to make some minor repairs on the sequels too. Starting with Luke Skywalker.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:03 PM, Bosco685 said:

so where was she hiding between new hope and return of the jedi? i know she is around right before new hope in Rebels. In the comics is she involved during the time period of the initial trilogy? of course, lucas didn't have the foresight in empire and RTJ to think about such a complicated world with characters that had not been created yet.... the prequels were smart enough to leave open the possibility of plenty of jedi escaping, But, seriously, in new hope the empire staff is acting like jedis and the force are some long distant mythology .. the guy questioning "the force" (who gets a force choke from vadar) was 10 or 11 when literal armies of jedi were running around doing magic tricks! that was always the big plot hole i saw, han solo was alive and well when jedi were running around too, although i guess growing up in the slums of wherever he would have just heard stories about them.

Edited by the blob

16 minutes ago, the blob said:

But, seriously, in new hope the empire staff is acting like jedis and the force are some long distant mythology .. the guy questioning "the force" (who gets a force choke from vadar) was a teenager when literal armies of jedi were running around doing magic tricks!

No idea about Ashoka, however keep in mind that at its height of power the jedi had 10,000 members (give or take).  Now I have no idea how many habitable worlds there were in "A galaxy far, far away", but 10,000 people to cover a galaxy is going to be pretty spread out.  Just taking Earth for example 10,000 jedi's would only be .0015% of the population.  Now you have a galaxy to cover.

99.9% of the galaxy may have heard about Jedi in stories like we hear about the "Boogy Man", but they had never seen one, so yeah I can imagine alot of people not believing they ever existed.  Espically when the Empire made a determined effort to wipe out all traces of them once it was in power.

Ok, over on Wookiepedia it says that there was 100 quadrillion beings in the Galactic Empire.  So yeah, Jedi for all intents and purposes were myths to pretty much the entire galaxy.

Edited by media_junkie

47 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

No idea about Ashoka, however keep in mind that at its height of power the jedi had 10,000 members (give or take).  Now I have no idea how many habitable worlds there were in "A galaxy far, far away", but 10,000 people to cover a galaxy is going to be pretty spread out.  Just taking Earth for example 10,000 jedi's would only be .0015% of the population.  Now you have a galaxy to cover.

99.9% of the galaxy may have heard about Jedi in stories like we hear about the "Boogy Man", but they had never seen one, so yeah I can imagine alot of people not believing they ever existed.  Espically when the Empire made a determined effort to wipe out all traces of them once it was in power.

Ok, over on Wookiepedia it says that there was 100 quadrillion beings in the Galactic Empire.  So yeah, Jedi for all intents and purposes were myths to pretty much the entire galaxy.

there are only a few hundred nba players and billions of people and they aren't mythological. these folks would pop in on planets and such. and they were the generals in the clone wars, separatist wars, etc. i know, han and the other guy were kids when this was going on. they didn't have TV news, but they had intergalactic travel? (they did have some sort of TV on the Rebels cartoon)

4 hours ago, media_junkie said:

The entire idea of a "Galactic Empire" is tough to grasp at all.  The Milky Way is estimated to have hundreds of BILLIONS of stars in it...even if only one in a thousand stars have habitable planets that's still hundreds of millions of planets.  Keeping track of that many worlds sounds impractical.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

so where was she hiding between new hope and return of the jedi? i know she is around right before new hope in Rebels. In the comics is she involved during the time period of the initial trilogy? of course, lucas didn't have the foresight in empire and RTJ to think about such a complicated world with characters that had not been created yet.... the prequels were smart enough to leave open the possibility of plenty of jedi escaping, But, seriously, in new hope the empire staff is acting like jedis and the force are some long distant mythology .. the guy questioning "the force" (who gets a force choke from vadar) was 10 or 11 when literal armies of jedi were running around doing magic tricks! that was always the big plot hole i saw, han solo was alive and well when jedi were running around too, although i guess growing up in the slums of wherever he would have just heard stories about them.

She was fighting with the Rebellion prior to the OT. During that time she was pulled into the World Between Worlds while fighting Vader by a certain someone. Following the Battle of Endor she is seen in Rebels stating that she is going to find Ezra and bring him home. 

In my opinion, the reason why many Imperial officers and other Empire sympathizers spoke in terms of the Jedi being a distant memory is because they are all sycophants. Following Order 66 and the Jedi Purge, it wouldn’t be too far fetched to think that these sycophants believed everything Vader, Palpatine, and Tarkin fed them about the Jedi being extinct...even if they weren’t. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I’m not going to add a link because I don’t trust the sources 100% buuuut I’ve seen it reported a couple times this morning that Lars Mikkelsen will play Thrawn in the Ahsoka series. Personally I’d rather see him as opposed to RDJ (which, if you hadn’t seen, was also rumored to have been in talks with Marvel to play Thrawn). 

On 12/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, the blob said:

there are only a few hundred nba players and billions of people and they aren't mythological. these folks would pop in on planets and such. and they were the generals in the clone wars, separatist wars, etc. i know, han and the other guy were kids when this was going on. they didn't have TV news, but they had intergalactic travel? (they did have some sort of TV on the Rebels cartoon)

I watch the news every day, spend hours on the internet, and I couldn't name you one NBA player. I'm assuming its basketball.

17 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

I watch the news every day, spend hours on the internet, and I couldn't name you one NBA player. I'm assuming its basketball.

really, you've never heard of lebron james? my wife detests sports and she knows who he is.

Meanwhile... 

Sabine Wren was last seen with Ahsoka as they prepared to venture off to find Ezra.

Ezra was last seen dragged off with Thrawn.

Ahsoka is currently looking for Thrawn.

We may see Sabine Wren... we may also see 'The Ghost', (which I hope we do as I REALLY want a Haslab Ghost... I passed on the Razor Crest but I would get the Ghost)

I never realized how many instances they snuck the Ghost into a Rogue One battle scene. 

I always felt Hayden got a bad wrap for his portrayal of Anakin. Some of it was the -script, it's wasn't all on him. Over time I've quite enjoyed his role in the prequels.

What do you think @Buzzetta

On 10/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I always felt Hayden got a bad wrap for his portrayal of Anakin. Some of it was the ---script, it's wasn't all on him. Over time I've quite enjoyed his role in the prequels.

What do you think @Buzzetta

1. Episode V
  2. Episode IV
  3. Rogue One
  4. Episode VI
  5. Episode III
  6. Han Solo
  7. Episode I
  8. Episode II
  9. Episode VIII
  10. Episode IX
  11. Episode VII