• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

390 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2022 at 6:07 AM, Buzzetta said:

we will finally get a Haslab project Ghost vehicle. 

I remember a Razorcrest toy was released...and then soon after the Razorcrest was destroyed.

(Thankfully that won't happen to the Ghost since it can be seen in the sequel trilogies)

On 5/28/2022 at 7:27 PM, awakeintheashes said:

With the way the trailer ends, I wonder if it picks up right after this. 

Was out for the weekend, did they release a formal trailer?  Or is it just cam quality stuff so far?

On 5/30/2022 at 10:51 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

So this will essentially be a live action Rebels show?

Pretty much a continuation of the Rebels story

On 5/30/2022 at 10:34 PM, ExNihilo said:

Was out for the weekend, did they release a formal trailer?  Or is it just cam quality stuff so far?

Just a teaser. They’ve only been filming for 3 weeks, so not much to tease. There was a back-of-the-head shot of Hera, so that is news. 

it ended with a shot of the mural Sabine painted that she was looking at when she left with Ahsoka in Rebels. The mural was a live action version, though. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 5/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Just a teaser. They’ve only been filming for 3 weeks, so not much to tease. There was a back-of-the-head shot of Hera, so that is news. 

it ended with a shot of the mural Sabine painted that she was looking at when she left with Ahsoka in Rebels. The mural was a live action version, though. 

I love Hera and Sabine so I'm glad they're confirmed.  I mean, given Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn, it was pretty much a given.  Also glad I bought the full run of Kanan the Last Padawan when I did.  lol

On 6/3/2022 at 7:54 PM, awakeintheashes said:

D69D56BB-AB09-47B6-8485-B2715BB044F0.thumb.jpeg.3740ade2db6620dba04c9e7ca81e7585.jpeg

In all honesty, while I love seeing live action versions of these characters on screen, Star Wars (made for TV) is just better animated because it's not limited by physical constraints and budgets.  I'm still hyped to see the continuation of the story, but I do wish they had kept some of this stuff animated.  Then again, I really just want it animated in the Clone Wars style because Rebels looked goofy at times.  :insane:

“[In the audition scene], this lady was trying to pay my character to help her, and my friend and I were like, ‘It’s almost like a young Han Solo kind of feeling.’ So that was just complete chance, and I still think of his role often, energetically, as I’m doing [Ahsoka] now. It’s just such a great energy and very inspiring,” Bordizzo tells The Hollywood Reporter.

While Ahsoka will certainly have its own identity, Bordizzo, during prep, couldn’t help but revisit the animated Sabine Wren (Tiya Sircar) on Star Wars Rebels. 

“It’s almost like a memory book; that’s what I feel Rebels is for me. It’s just this kind of free prep that I never even had to do as an actor because it’s all been done for me. My character’s memory is already recorded. So they encouraged [me to watch it], but obviously, I did watch it because how could I not?”

Bordizzo heard the good news about her Star Wars casting while she was on set with Jamie Foxx, shooting Day Shift, Netflix’s most recent number-one movie worldwide. Her role as a vampire-hunting vampire required a great deal of stunt training, and it served as a nice warmup for Ahsoka’s own extensive stunt training. 

“[Day Shift’s stunt training] helped a lot, especially with weapons training. Everything and anything helps,” Bordizzo explains. “Even if you’re a physical person and physically fit, the act of being in a choreographed and really intense fight is still something to get used to. There are things like not squinting when you’re about to be hit. There are just so many little things that are jarring unless you’re used to stunts, so it definitely helped.”

Dave Filoni has basically proposed and gotten Disney to green light Ahsoka to serve as a backdoor live action concluding season to Rebels to which Disney originally denied lol.   Filoni is a genius in how he has gotten his way by outplaying the mouse. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I was 13 when Star Wars came out, but I've long been of the opinion that when at their best, Clone Wars and Rebels are the best Star Wars there is. I've watched both three times and will definitely watch them again. Rebels does need an end, and I hope the Ahsoka show is able to measure up to what came before. I like Rosario Dawson a lot, so casting her was a great start.

Screen Rant spoke with Favreau on the status of Tano going forward in The Mandalorian's timeline, and the executive producer shared that the Ahsoka series is deep in post-production.

"Well, the good news is there's a whole Ahsoka show. [Laughs] I'll talk about it so Dave doesn't have to, but we're in post-production. He's done filming; the visual effects are starting to come in, and the music is starting to come in. Great cast, and what a rich legacy to build upon."