• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

485 posts in this topic

I bought one of each of the new packs. More new art exclusive covers in this batch, which I like more than the simple title color swaps and missing UPCs. But the red Moon Knight does look cool, I admit. I got some decent stuff, but nothing major. At least one 1:25 variant (Conan) and a couple 1:10s I think.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:44 AM, toytastik said:

My Wal-Mart was selling the 3 Pack for $9 vs 7 for $10.  Pretty disappointing. Scanned them on the ap and it showed the same. 

yes, this is the price for both. It was a surprise but it is fun so I figured it was worth it, regardless of comic value. There are a fair # of retailer incentives and 2nd prints so those are generally a fair buy at $3 each, especially at scratch off level excitement. :1514325239_yeehawemoji: I got a cool Dell'Otto Doc Strange cover (surgeon supreme) and lenticular Hero for Hire 1 that caught my eye as keepers, at least for a while. :whistle:

Edited by Bird

On 11/7/2021 at 12:43 PM, Bird said:

yes, this is the price for both. It was a surprise but it is fun so I figured it was worth it, regardless of comic value. There are a fair # of retailer incentives and 2nd prints so those are generally a fair buy at $3 each, especially at scratch off level excitement. :1514325239_yeehawemoji: I got a cool Dell'Otto Doc Strange cover (surgeon supreme) and lenticular Hero for Hire 1 that caught my eye as keepers, at least for a while. :whistle:

Glad to read it wasn’t just me.  I still bought them it was just a hard pill to swallow when buying a bunch of packs.  Will open this week.  Crossing my fighters. 

My local Wal-Mart had ONE pack, the Alien pack.  Are they all standard pre-packs, meaning if you have he Alien one you are guaranteed certain books?  Or are they random?  Could I still be surprised by its contents?  

Sometimes you get to Wal-Mart and see that someone has already returned a 3 pack in a poly bag and cut open the remaining ones.:mad:

I've had my fill and am ending my multi-pack bender. I'm not the biggest modern book fan, but I did get a few books that I plan to keep for a while. Good luck with your hunting all! I hope you all get the books you're searching for!

Found some new packs tonight. These were 7 comics for $10 packs. I also found a red cover Moon Knight pack too, but these were the winners. One had Maestro #1 on the front and the other had an ASM comic. Inside both, the second pack of comics had a Guardians of the Galaxy #1 with this behind each.....

IMG_6027.thumb.jpg.d37107add618cd059bb29acc1882c9e6.jpg

One had a tick at the top and the other has slight blunted corner. Both need to be pressed, but I could see the one with a tick getting a 9.4 (9.6 on a generous day). The other is a 9.6 maybe (9.8 on a generous day). Overall, it was a nice find for sure. Best Ive pulled out. 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:55 AM, djzombi said:

My Wal-Mart has a ton of DC multi-packs.  Do any of those have exclusive covers, or certain variants?  

(shrug) The Joker mask caught my eye today (FM?) but I passed. These DC packs are everywhere!

Perhaps the universe is sending me a message. I stopped in 2 walmart today, bought the Moon Knight and 2 others but left a few behind. Then my car wouldn't start outside...195K miles, Camry...it was like it wasn't in park but it was. So I tried a few things and after about 10 minutes it groaned a bit and then came to life. All for the walmart 3 packs! (I would have preferred the 7 packs of course)

Edited by Bird

On 11/18/2021 at 3:32 PM, Bird said:

(shrug) The Joker mask caught my eye today (FM?) but I passed. These DC packs are everywhere!

Perhaps the universe is sending me a message. I stopped in 2 walmart today, bought the Moon Knight and 2 others but left a few behind. Then my car wouldn't start outside...195K miles, Camry...it was like it wasn't in park but it was. So I tried a few things and after about 10 minutes it groaned a bit and then came to life. All for the walmart 3 packs! (I would have preferred the 7 packs of course)

I feel you! I've put a thousand or so miles since this pic!

I changed the battery recently, had new oil, and replaced the Power window motor. So far so good!

Glad you got it to start!

IMG_20210720_120008560.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, kimik said:

The MK3 sets are getting nabbed first based on the locations I have hit. I found 5 packs with it between 4 locations. All of the other 3 packs were still sitting in the boxes.

Yep, Ive seen that too. Ive found about 6 out there, but most of the time, they are gone. I like the Doctor Strange, Eternals (Thanos cover), and the Dark Ages packs too. I bout 2 or 3 of each of those. I haven't found any good comics inside these though compared to the 7 comic packs. Those Iron Man #1 2nd prints (riri covers), Shuri #2 2nd print, and a Peter Parker Spec Spider-man #1 1:1000 are the best things Ive pulled out of the 7 comic packs. I've probably bought 25-30 packs overall of those. I've really been wanting that King Thor #1 2nd print.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, kevhtx said:

Yep, Ive seen that too. Ive found about 6 out there, but most of the time, they are gone. I like the Doctor Strange, Eternals (Thanos cover), and the Dark Ages packs too. I bout 2 or 3 of each of those. I haven't found any good comics inside these though compared to the 7 comic packs. Those Iron Man #1 2nd prints (riri covers), Shuri #2 2nd print, and a Peter Parker Spec Spider-man #1 1:1000 are the best things Ive pulled out of the 7 comic packs. I've probably bought 25-30 packs overall of those. I've really been wanting that King Thor #1 2nd print.

I have a couple of the original Venom 3-packs where the King Thor was rumored to pop up, as well as a Strange Academy 1 3-pack, all still sealed. I'm tempted to crack them open and see what's in there (and get the Strange Academy in a bag/board), but I also think about how cool these could be to have sealed down the road. I'm torn...

On 11/19/2021 at 9:22 AM, kimik said:

I have not seen any of the 7 packs in stores here. I hope they finally reach us here as it sounds like they have some nice gems.

We won’t (didn’t) get the first wave of 7 for 10s, because we didn’t get the waves of 3 packs that went into them, I’m guessing.

Hoping we get future waves of the 7 for 10s, with the long odds ratio 3 packs inside, and the current wave of 3 packs. :wishluck: