• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

485 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 3:48 PM, CheeseFrog said:

I haven’t seen them since when they came out.  And man did I luck out on those… Silk first apps 9.8 x 8 and a 9.9.

Those were all over the place…

When did those come out?  I have never thought to stop in a 5 bellow for comics.  Do they get them in regularly?

On 2/2/2022 at 8:42 AM, dzbad said:

They are back.  Generation 11 sets as follows

Star wars life day #1 x 1

Hawkeye Kate bishop #1 x 2

Amazing spider-man #79 x 3

Captain America Iron man #1 x 1

Star wars crimson reign #1 x 1

Venom #2 x 2

Star wars high republic #2 x 3

Black pathner #1 x 3

I'll keep an eye out

On 2/2/2022 at 8:42 AM, dzbad said:

Venom #2 x 2

Black pathner #1 x 3

I picked up a Crimson Reign, they had the whole lot of it at the closet Walmart to me.

Will open it later.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:42 AM, dzbad said:

Venom #2 x 2

Black pathner #1 x 3

What's in the guts?

I picked up 1 of each of the 8 new Marvel packs today and 4 of the latest DC packs. I honestly didn't get anything of note in the Marvel packs (besides the Walmart exclusive covers of course), but I got a couple of cool books in 2 of the DC packs:

1. From the Black Manta DC pack: What did we call it when store exclusives came out of those Marvel packs? Variantgate? Well, I pulled a Catwoman 80th Anniversary J. Scott Campbell store exclusive variant!

2. From the Superman '78 pack: Justice League # 59 1:25 B&W Snyder Cut variant

cat.jpg

cut.jpg

On 2/5/2022 at 11:42 AM, sonicdan said:

I opened a few other packs from this recent wave. Mostly common Cover A covers of recent titles, a few Cover B variants, and a second printing or two. There were zero incentive variants.

Like SonicDan, I picked up and opened the 4 packs I was mostly interested in the visible copy. There were no 2nd prints, no 1:any, only 1 cover B variant. It was mostly underwhelming. What I did get 

Hawkeye Kate Bishop 1 -with Daredevil 35 and X-Men Onslaught Revelation 1 both regular covers

Star Wars Crimson Reign 1 -with Legends Black Panther 1 and New Mutants 22 both regular covers

Amazing Spider-Man 79 -with Death of Dr Strange the Avengers 1 and(Star Wars) Boushh #1 regular (not the Walmart variant) 

Star Wars Life Day 1 -with New Mutants 22 variant cover and Star Wars Darth Vader 16

Again underwhelming and the thrill of the chase is gone (at least for me) from these Walmart packs unless I see others post some good finds. I have previously found some good finds, no 1:100 or ASM 55 but I did manage to get a King Thor 1 2nd print Gorr and Rogue One #2 1:25 variant. But also felt the previous packs had stronger showing issues (Strange Academy, Spider-Verse, Silk, Star Wars High Republic, Venom 25 etc)