• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

488 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, nines said:

It makes up for all the Dark Knights of Steel that I managed to pile up. Got to hit sometimes! :flamed:

I was going to take a picture of mine, a horrible pile of Dark Knights 2 and Task Force Z 2, one pack even had them both! I have 1 copy of Task Force 1 at least I can read the first 2 issues. (shrug)

On 3/22/2022 at 6:58 PM, Jesse-Lee said:
On 3/22/2022 at 6:52 PM, fastballspecial said:

just at Walmarts?

There was an earlier post that people found the Marvel ones at different stores

Where at?

On 3/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Where at?

On 8/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, HotKey said:

More fun to the walmart variantgate story: these "exclusive" Walmart only packs are now also available at Meijers for only $9.99, and they ring up so they are in the system and it's not a matter of them being misplaced in the wrong store. I bought it myself and took these pics:

20210809_121322.jpg

20210809_121328.jpg

20210809_122540.jpg

20210809_122543.jpg

Found it - Meijer

On 3/22/2022 at 7:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh wow. I dont think Dallas has that, never heard of it....

They are a Midwestern grocery store similar to Walmart/K-Mart, their HQ is in Michigan.  They are all over Ohio I know for sure from going back to the main office, the few times I have.

I noticed the I Am Batman #1 has a red logo in these Walmart packs and a white logo for the regular Cover A. I know the Marvel packs typically have variant color logos (or exclusive covers) for the front facing book but is is this something new for the DC Packs? 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, sonicdan said:

Also, this photo cover for Batman Killing Time #1 is in the new batch of DC packs. Exclusive to Walmart? 

BMKT1p.JPG

I'm thinking it must be - even League of Comic Geeks doesn't list it as a cover, and they're pretty good about showing all the variants: https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/8567411/batman-killing-time-1

I picked up one each of the Batman Killing Time 1 and Long Halloween IMAX packs - I might open them, but I might just leave them sealed. I don't see the RWBY spine on either. I grabbed two other packs two because I saw the red and black spine area, but now that I have them home and can really look at them, I can tell they're not the RWBY... I haven't opened them so I might just keep them sealed or sell them.

I've gone gaga over the DC packs now. Its a fever. I have some RWBY and they seem randomly inserted, packs do not have consistent books. Lots of big deluxe prestigey books in here.

I've already sold some on ebay, $10-$12 for the IMAX one and the photo cover one and a bit more for a RWBY A/B set but he says he'll pay tonight no not quite done on that one and maybe I am jinxing it.

so yeah. the art on the front of the pack is different, ones is Justice Leaguey and the other (newer ones I think) is big 3.

On 3/24/2022 at 7:07 PM, Bird said:

I've gone gaga over the DC packs now. Its a fever. I have some RWBY and they seem randomly inserted, packs do not have consistent books. Lots of big deluxe prestigey books in here.

I've already sold some on ebay, $10-$12 for the IMAX one and the photo cover one and a bit more for a RWBY A/B set but he says he'll pay tonight no not quite done on that one and maybe I am jinxing it.

so yeah. the art on the front of the pack is different, ones is Justice Leaguey and the other (newer ones I think) is big 3.

I should probably open these, but there is something kind of cool in keeping them sealed, like the old Toys r Us comic packs from the late 80s. I have a couple of the DC packs with Batman 89 and Hell Arisen 3 third prints still sealed, and a couple of the Marvels with Venom 25 and Strange Academy 1. I've opened a few too - I sold a Moon Knight out of one of them for $160, and I also sold a couple of sealed packs for more than double what I paid for them - so I'm doing ok with them so far.

Found two RWBY 7s today after going to 7 or 8 Walmarts.  No rhyme or reason as far as the packs that had them - just had to check the spines.  Not sure what the print run is for that but I looked at about 45 DC packs and only found 2.  Take that anecdote for whatever it's worth.