• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

488 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 1:25 PM, sonicdan said:

There's a new batch of Marvel 3-packs at Walmart (May 2022). Which ones, if any, do you think will be a potential hit in this round? 

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6848.JPG

IMG_6849.JPG

IMG_6850.JPG

IMG_6851.JPG

IMG_6852.JPG

IMG_6853.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

None were good from the last round. People keep wishing they throw those high ratios back in. That was a one and done.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:47 AM, ygogolak said:

None were good from the last round. People keep wishing they throw those high ratios back in. That was a one and done.

It looks like now the bet is on the content of the books. The Han Solo 1s may have some potential due to the 1st apps. Not sure about the others.

So this is interesting it appears that they did not update the sticker which they are putting on this latest wave of books.  It is still the same sticker which they used for the last batch.  This is going to make keeping track of these Generations a lot harder if they don't keep updating the stickers.  So lets take a look at what we got. 

Wal Mart 3 pack Gen 11a Sticker

Top Book Carnage Forever #1 Vol 2022 WalMart Variant

The Amazing Spider-man Vol 2018 # 80 Cover A Middle Book, 

DareDevil Vol 2019 #36 Cover A bottom book

Marvel3PackCArnageForever.jpg

Top Book Venom Lethal Protector #1 Vol 2022 WalMart Variant

Hulk Vol 2022 # 1 2nd print Middle Book, 

Captain Marvel Vol 2021 #34 Cover A bottom book

Marvel3PackVenomLethalProtector.jpg

So like the Venom Lethal Protector #1 the Ghost Rider #1 is a totally new cover not just a WalMart Recolor.  Not sure how this will play, but over all the other books inside are still uninspired. 

Top Book Ghost Rider #1 Vol 2022 WalMart Variant, complete new variant cover not just a recolor

X-Men Legends Vol 2021 # 9 Middle Book, 

The Amazing Spider-man Vol 2018 # 80 Cover A bottom book

Marvel3PackVenomGhostRider.jpg

On 5/20/2022 at 9:29 PM, kevhtx said:

I love these walmart packs, but I haven't bought many lately. 3 comics for $10 sucks. Bring back the 7 for $10 and Im in again.

Judging by past performance I would check in July for the 7 for 10 packs. 

And now on with the show.  Still nothing to write home about.  I am hoping that they will at least once a year do the high ratio inserts, just to keep follks interested in the books. 

Top Book Wolverine: Patch #1 Vol 2022 WalMart Variant, complete new variant cover not just a recolor

Venom Vol 2021 #5 Middle Book, 

Spider-woman Vol 2020 # 17 Cover A bottom book

MarvelWalMart3PacksWolverinePatch.jpg

Top Book Moon Knight #1 Vol 2021 WalMart Variant

Shang-Chi Vol 2021 #4 Cover A Middle Book, 

Amazing Spider-man Vol 2018 # 84 Villains Reign Cover B bottom book

MarvelWalMart3PacksMoonKnight8.jpg

Top Book Savage Spider-Man #1 Vol 2022 WalMart Variant, complete new variant cover not just a recolor

Star Wars Doctor Aphra Vol 2020 #4 Cover A Middle Book, 

Dark Ages  Vol 2021# 4 Variant Mike McKone Cover C bottom book

MarvelWalMart3PacksSavageSiper-Man1.jpg

On 6/19/2022 at 12:12 AM, BuraddoRun said:

Not a huge hit or anything, but ratio variants can still be found in the newer packs. I got this in a pack I bought this week (Venom Lethal Protector pack). It's a 1:10.

hulk.jpg

Is that an Ottley cover too? Sweet! :x

I imagine that story is doing well, as much I've seen it advertised. I'm hoping there is buzz.

Ottley has a distinctive art style I'll give it that!

On 6/19/2022 at 7:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is that an Ottley cover too? Sweet! :x

I imagine that story is doing well, as much I've seen it advertised. I'm hoping there is buzz.

Ottley has a distinctive art style I'll give it that!

Personally, I think it's...OK. I thought it was a fun idea but the current Hulk VS Thor crossover is...farfetched? I mean, I know, it's comic books. LOL. I've read every issue so far, so there's that.

Does anyone recall if the Purple Venom 25 pack era had a chance at Spiderverse #6?

Was going through a shortbox I had not inventoried yet and mixed in with books Walmart pack finds was....

No description available.

I certainly do not recall buying it.  So trying to figure if I just really lucked out in one of the many Walmart packs I nabbed.

On 6/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, Crops068 said:

Does anyone recall if the Purple Venom 25 pack era had a chance at Spiderverse #6?

Was going through a shortbox I had not inventoried yet and mixed in with books Walmart pack finds was....

I certainly do not recall buying it.  So trying to figure if I just really lucked out in one of the many Walmart packs I nabbed.

Wow! I know there was a Spider-verse 1 pack, but that was on the outside. There were a couple of books in those Venom packs that popped, including a King Thor 1 2nd print. I was planning on keeping my packs sealed, but it might make more sense to open them...

On 6/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, Crops068 said:

I had two Venom #25 Purple logo sealed packs in my last sales thread that didn't sell.  I'll check the spines sometime this week and see if I can spot a match.

Welp, I went through a ton of packs from that Walmart series (for whatever reason I bought a ton that time).  I checked the following packs:

2x Thor #1
1x Spider-Verse #1
1x Captain Marvel #1
2x Venom #25
1x Strange Academy #1

Not one had any indication or match to the Spider-Verse #6 book you showed.

Note that I did just ship out a sealed Strange Academy #1 pack to one of my buyers, so I'll ask him to check when he gets the chance.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:58 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Wow! I know there was a Spider-verse 1 pack, but that was on the outside. There were a couple of books in those Venom packs that popped, including a King Thor 1 2nd print. I was planning on keeping my packs sealed, but it might make more sense to open them...

I open all of mine and I normally take pictures but I have since deleted all of those pics figuring I didn't need them anymore.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:54 PM, masterlogan2000 said:

Welp, I went through a ton of packs from that Walmart series (for whatever reason I bought a ton that time).  I checked the following packs:

2x Thor #1
1x Spider-Verse #1
1x Captain Marvel #1
2x Venom #25
1x Strange Academy #1

Not one had any indication or match to the Spider-Verse #6 book you showed.

Note that I did just ship out a sealed Strange Academy #1 pack to one of my buyers, so I'll ask him to check when he gets the chance.

I appreciate ya'll looking too.  I am just really at a loss and it is gunna drive me insane as to where this came from.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, Crops068 said:

I open all of mine and I normally take pictures but I have since deleted all of those pics figuring I didn't need them anymore.

I appreciate ya'll looking too.  I am just really at a loss and it is gunna drive me insane as to where this came from.

there is also a 7 pack that had the venom purple