• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

485 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, jsilverjanet said:

there is also a 7 pack that had the venom purple

Yep, the 7 pack was a repackaged double 3 pack with another single book in between.  It is possible it could have come from those too seeing how I did buy a few of them as well.  I have 5 Venom purples..... lol

Just not 100% sure where it came from at this point.  Not sure if anyone else got one from one of these packs and I would highly doubt I am the only one if that was the case.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:54 PM, masterlogan2000 said:

Welp, I went through a ton of packs from that Walmart series (for whatever reason I bought a ton that time).  I checked the following packs:

2x Thor #1
1x Spider-Verse #1
1x Captain Marvel #1
2x Venom #25
1x Strange Academy #1

Not one had any indication or match to the Spider-Verse #6 book you showed.

Note that I did just ship out a sealed Strange Academy #1 pack to one of my buyers, so I'll ask him to check when he gets the chance.

Heard from my buyer... Nothing of note from the last Strange Academy #1 pack I sold either.

On 6/29/2022 at 6:17 PM, kevhtx said:

Grabbed some today. Got the itch. 7 marvel and 1 DC. Nothing significant really.

FYI - Last comic shown was first comic (other than Patch, not sure why I didnt order them right)...

IMG_8028.JPG

I picked up the han solo set and got the exact same books, 

On 6/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, kevhtx said:

Grabbed some today. Got the itch. 7 marvel and 1 DC. Nothing significant really.

FYI - Last comic shown was first comic (other than Patch, not sure why I didnt order them right)...

IMG_8033.JPG

IMG_8032.JPG

IMG_8031.JPG

IMG_8030.JPG

IMG_8029.JPG

IMG_8028.JPG

IMG_8027.JPG

IMG_8026.JPG

I see your DC 4 pack schwartz are as weak as mine. lol

:cry:

On 6/30/2022 at 1:27 PM, Crops068 said:

I see your DC 4 pack schwartz are as weak as mine. lol

:cry:

So target has them too? Is there any specialties to be considered with them? Or has the mill been glossed over, I was thinking it might or might not have the treats that some marvels do but idk.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So target has them too? Is there any specialties to be considered with them? Or has the mill been glossed over, I was thinking it might or might not have the treats that some marvels do but idk.

Those are single comics with an action figure.  Very different, but yes Target has those (mine doesn't yet I have looked)

On 6/30/2022 at 7:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did. wondered if there was anything good in them or if they were target variants?  I don't collect DC moderns so I didn't bother to buy any.

Finally got around to opening the Marvel 3- and 7-packs I got a while ago, as well as some more recently.  Here's round 1 of pics, more to come. Curious mix of Walmart exclusive covers, regular editions, 2nd prints, and incentive variant covers.  The Hulk #1 pictured here seems to be a 1:10 ratio variant.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I found 8 different DC 4-packs from the most recent round, and yeah, they're terrible. None of the cover books are exclusive variants, and all the other books aren't just overstock, they're overstock that was in previous packs! I mean, I've literally gotten most of the books I got this round in previous DC 4-packs, and not the good stuff like RWBY.

DC seems so hit and miss. Marvel is consistent in that you at least get an exclusive cover. DC had some recent exclusives, those pulped books, and store-exclusive variants, but no consistency at all.

Oh well, I guess that's the nature of these things.

Oh, and regarding the McFarlane Target books mentioned a few posts back (with the link to a thread about them), there are some bigger figure packs that come with an exclusive comic coming out soon (and apparently out in some places). I haven't seen the comic in person yet but it's a Black Adam book that stars him and the 3 other figures in the line: Batman, Superman, and Constantine. MSRP is $24.99 but you get a full-size action figure and the exclusive book. I'm pretty sure each pack has the same book, so if you just want the comic, pick your favorite figure and don't worry about the other 3. However, Target is getting an exclusive Black and White Batman with a Line Art variant of the comic, so if you care, be on the lookout for that one. I've pre-ordered it from Target, but I picked up the Black Adam figure from Amazon that is due in tomorrow hopefully.

I don't know what it is, but something about these variant comics that show up at retail as opposed to comic shops always gets me. When i was a kid I loved the pack-in comics with toys like He-Man and those comic packs they had at Toys R' Us. I guess it reignites that joy of comic discovery.

dc1.jpg

dc2.jpg

On 7/23/2022 at 2:13 AM, BuraddoRun said:

I found 8 different DC 4-packs from the most recent round, and yeah, they're terrible. None of the cover books are exclusive variants, and all the other books aren't just overstock, they're overstock that was in previous packs! I mean, I've literally gotten most of the books I got this round in previous DC 4-packs, and not the good stuff like RWBY.

DC seems so hit and miss. Marvel is consistent in that you at least get an exclusive cover. DC had some recent exclusives, those pulped books, and store-exclusive variants, but no consistency at all.

Oh, and regarding the McFarlane Target books mentioned a few posts back (with the link to a thread about them), there are some bigger figure packs that come with an exclusive comic coming out soon (and apparently out in some places). I haven't seen the comic in person yet but it's a Black Adam book that stars him and the 3 other figures in the line: Batman, Superman, and Constantine. MSRP is $24.99 but you get a full-size action figure and the exclusive book. I'm pretty sure each pack has the same book, so if you just want the comic, pick your favorite figure and don't worry about the other 3. However, Target is getting an exclusive Black and White Batman with a Line Art variant of the comic, so if you care, be on the lookout for that one. I've pre-ordered it from Target, but I picked up the Black Adam figure from Amazon that is due in tomorrow hopefully.

I don't know what it is, but something about these variant comics that show up at retail as opposed to comic shops always gets me. When i was a kid I loved the pack-in comics with toys like He-Man and those comic packs they had at Toys R' Us. I guess it reignites that joy of comic discovery.

dc1.jpg

dc2.jpg

Thanks for the info - I had a $25 Target gift card, so the B&W Batman was the perfect thing to spend it on!

On 7/23/2022 at 12:55 PM, Jesse-Lee said:
On 7/23/2022 at 2:13 AM, BuraddoRun said:

dc1.jpg

dc2.jpg

Expand  

Thanks for the info - I had a $25 Target gift card, so the B&W Batman was the perfect thing to spend it on!

https://www.target.com/p/dc-comics-superman-7-34-action-figure-with-comic-book/-/A-86459317#lnk=sametab

The other figs are on the bottom of the page, there is Black Adam, Constantine and Batman.  The Black and White Batman is not on that same page you have to search for it separately or use the link I found for it. :)

Here is the black and white - https://www.target.com/p/dc-comics-black-adam-comic-book-with-batman-action-figure-target-exclusive/-/A-85694194#lnk=sametab

Black Adam came in today from Amazon! I opened it and read the comic book, and now I'm here to share some pictures and thoughts. The figure is cool and it includes 2 lightning bolts as accessories, a base for the figure to stand on, a trading card, and of course the comic. I posted pics of everything in the Target Page Punchers topic (again, linked a few posts back by @ADAMANTIUM), but I'm just posting comic pictures here (with a bonus pic not posted in the other thread!). I have to say, it's THIS type of product that I think is really nice to find. The fact that the comic included is truly exclusive (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's been printed elsewhere), has a story by established creators (Tyler Kirkham and Cavan Scott; admittedly, I wasn't familiar with Scott but Wikipedia says he's been working on SW: The High Republic), and is a high quality printing (nice and glossy book) just shows that care was put into the entire product overall. The story is a one-shot, which is nice, focuses on Black Adam obviously, but has a healthy roster of other characters including the 3 companion figures in the line and on the cover, some other Justice League members, another guest star I won't spoil who. has a decent fight against Adam, and a brand-new villain (again, I'm pretty sure anyway). The villain likely won't ever return in a mainstream book, and the story won't win any awards or become a classic in DC history or anything, but still, it's fun, has nice art, and just feels like what a comic book that comes with a toy and may attract new readers should be. It feels like a classic comic book story.

Anyhow, the product gets an A+ from me. There are ads for various graphic novels inside which of course are aimed to new readers, which hopefully this type of product will attract. .

*Edit: Wait, a Doug Mahnke variant cover...I wonder where we can find that one. The Line Art variant is the same cover in the Target pictures, but just black and white. Hmm...

comic.jpg

title.jpg

indicia.jpg

splash.jpg

Edited by BuraddoRun

So this is a little outside the scope of this thread, but when I was looking at the Target exclusives and the Amazom listings for the Page Punchers, I found that the run of McFarlane Death Metal figures are on sale on Amazon. So you can get the 4 figures (Death Metal Batman, Death Metal Superman, Death Metal Robin King and Death Metal Wonder Woman) for about $50, and those 4 figs contain the BAF parts to build the Darkfather Batman:

https://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-Toys-Build-Figures-WV4/dp/B08FP54Y2S/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1EHKXR6RYA91Z&keywords=mcfarlane%2Brobin%2Bking&qid=1658692105&sprefix=mcfarlane%2Brobin%2Bking%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-1&th=1

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, djzombi said:

Here's the remainder of the contents of the Wal-Mart packs I got, a mix of regular covers, second prints, variants, and Wallyworld exclusive covers:

20220807_183853.jpg

20220807_184128.jpg

20220807_184319.jpg

20220807_184443~2.jpg

20220807_184530.jpg

This is a bign I wish I had paid more attention to getting!

Screenshot_20220807-183504_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 8/7/2022 at 4:54 PM, djzombi said:

Here's the remainder of the contents of the Wal-Mart packs I got, a mix of regular covers, second prints, variants, and Wallyworld exclusive covers:

20220807_183853.jpg

20220807_184128.jpg

20220807_184319.jpg

20220807_184443~2.jpg

20220807_184530.jpg

Did you pull those from the most recent batch of 7 packs or 3 packs?