• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

480 posts in this topic

2938EF4E-FF73-4566-81ED-B3D3F312973A.thumb.jpeg.d9e9f2073d11dc43ab3cde18b6910dcb.jpegThese were my pulls today. Anybody know the story behind the apocalypse & The X-Tracts? No eBay listings or sales that I can find. Quick search says it’s a secret variant. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/7/2021 at 11:29 AM, awakeintheashes said:

These were my pulls today. Anybody know the story behind the apocalypse & The X-Tracts? No eBay listings or sales that I can find. Quick search says it’s a secret variant. 

It was a polybagged "secret" cover. White bag.

Are those new? Reason I ask is High Republic #6 is on top of new packs.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:40 PM, ygogolak said:

It was a polybagged "secret" cover. White bag.

Are those new? Reason I ask is High Republic #6 is on top of new packs.

It was from the pack with the Empyre 2 Variant in it on top… I think. That or the HR #3

On 8/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, BishopT said:

Alien pack, and it was the comic in the back.

Thanks for the info !

I found a Gleason 55 2nd print 1:50. The book was sandwiched between an Extreme Carnage Alpha (top) book and a Return of the Valkyries Black History Variant. The Gleason was easy to identify, I looked for a white background along the spine, and then traced the ‘web’ markings from the pic that was posted on this CGC forum (I had bought the pack home, and compared the markings before opening the pack). I think this is random between the packs (someone posted on here that they found it with the Star Wars HR 6 pack), so the giveaway is the method I used above.
Dont know how to identify the others without actually opening the packs, and dont want to spend on books I am not interested in. If anyone knows of a way, please share. Thanks !

Edited by DocCRR

This morning, I picked up an Aliens pack and found a 1:200 Eternals 1 KIRBY CRACKLE (??) incentive ratio variant at the bottom. The cover is purple with a bunch of yellow splotches on it (back and front).

So if interested, an indication of this book is to look for yellow and purple color splotches along the spine.

Against my better judgement I tried twice. Both SW 6 packs and missed both times. Although I didnt take them and return them like some have done. 

I pulled 2 lenticular BP 166 in the middle and back were two light colored avengers variants so while I did find it's not that easy they are in all packs as I checked all others for white books and is tough if u don't have the right lighting.

I happened upon these in a Wal Mart in a neighboring town.  I'm not sure which are the newer packs but there were a few Silk, Captain Marvel, King In Black Scream and some DC packs.  I picked up the Scream pack.  Wally world in my town only has DC packs which I am not interested in. 

On 8/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, manetteska said:

I found a pack which looked like the Gleason but turned out to be Guardians of the Galaxy 13 Shattered variant. 

Start by looking for a spine with a white background, then match the lines you see according to the pattern of the cover pic posted earlier. This is what I did. Didnt want to open the plastic, till I was somewhat sure the pattern matched, so bought it, took it home and then compared it. You have to look real carefully at the pattern. Mine was in the middle and the pattern clearly matched, so my odds were greater, and it panned out. If it didnt match, I would return it for a refund. Hope this helps !

On 8/8/2021 at 8:31 PM, Jemin said:

I happened upon these in a Wal Mart in a neighboring town.  I'm not sure which are the newer packs but there were a few Silk, Captain Marvel, King In Black Scream and some DC packs.  I picked up the Scream pack.  Wally world in my town only has DC packs which I am not interested in. 

These look like the older packs. The Capt. Marvel is an Artgerm Walmart variant (longer hair vs. the shorter cut in the regular issue). I think the poster above indicated that the orange sticker identifies the newer packs.

Edited by DocCRR