• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

480 posts in this topic

Only one pack left at my Walmart - must have gotten cleaned out because in the past these would just sit. This one was mixed in with a bunch of DCs:

5C2CA33D-F7E8-43FE-82CF-47F88E30DE67.thumb.jpeg.8389d9428be3f25bba10f30970f4eeaa.jpeg

Here are the books:

CCA9BCF8-2DE3-4EAA-B805-670C98FAA67D.thumb.jpeg.2682b44458d61555bd42ad644103362e.jpeg

ASM 55, but not the one I was hoping for:

022573B6-CA8B-4E75-872E-CF92EDC6F8C6.thumb.jpeg.1a93795ac5ca55aab3a0b3fdbdff25cc.jpeg

But this next one is the 1:50 “hidden gem” variant - last couple of sales on eBay were $45 and $50:

74281449-D620-4F59-B34B-86EEE0C6E3CE.thumb.jpeg.cd4f292c7f0c77f62777c4cb45a4aaa2.jpeg

Went to Walmart yesterday and got these I think the Spiderman is a 1: 1000

Guardians Of The Galaxy # 13 shattered HULK

858812755_IHSHATERED197.thumb.jpg.899663479bd7daf67caa6f499f4aa3ff.jpg

SPECTACULAR SPIDERMAN # 300  only 1 for sale on the bay and he was asking a really crazy price for it so this one will go up on the block soon

723515442_SSM300196.thumb.jpg.0d0b8141fd77677a41e1748fcb0cbdfa.jpg

My local Walmart usually gets these as soon as they are out. But for some reason they didn't show up until today.

Bought 4 packs and I'm 2 for 4.

Pack 1,  I recognized the Captain Marvel 1 Hidden Gem by it's spine.

Packs 2 and 3 both had middle books with full-length teal spines showing.

Could I be lucky enough to pull 2 Thor 1 blue blank variants?

First one I opened.

IMG_20210813_0001.thumb.jpg.db92da4bba98c5f6f5bec7f2ee1b21c2.jpg

Yikes, that's not what I'm looking for. 

In for a penny, so I open the 3rd pack:

IMG_20210813_0002.thumb.jpg.ec14131ae1e359b0337b0cbb9a415b96.jpg

Well, that's more like it.

Pack 4 was a random grab and had nothing in it.

No Gleason 55's. 

Edited by WeR138

On 8/16/2021 at 12:57 PM, BrooksR said:

Drove around this weekend and all my walmarts have been cleaned out. There’s guys on youtube saying they’re buying $300 of them at a time so I’m not surprised 

I spent $54 and lucked out on 2 of the packs (see above). Started to get a little obsessed and hit 2 more stores after that and they were sold out. I'm kind of glad they were, it snapped me out of the chase and I stopped going anywhere else. At the end of the day I'm happy with what I found, but I realized 4 of the 6 packs I bought were basically junk and I was chasing. While it's kind of fun to pull a bigger book, I decided my time and money were better spent on going after books I knew I wanted.

On 8/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I spent $54 and lucked out on 2 of the packs (see above). Started to get a little obsessed and hit 2 more stores after that and they were sold out. I'm kind of glad they were, it snapped me out of the chase and I stopped going anywhere else. At the end of the day I'm happy with what I found, but I realized 4 of the 6 packs I bought were basically junk and I was chasing. While it's kind of fun to pull a bigger book, I decided my time and money were better spent on going after books I knew I wanted.

💯 I stumbled on these at the self checkout while getting some groceries. I stopped collecting modern Marvel books about 10 years ago so it’s not about collecting or $, it’s all about chasing that dopamine. Like the comic book equivalent of those blind box toys. The toys always suck but there’s an allure to the mystery of what’s inside. At least comics are cool (mostly).

I hit up a few more walmarts after that but they were all cleared out. My brother hit one out by him and someone stole the variant books which is nonsense.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:19 PM, ectocooler said:

💯 I stumbled on these at the self checkout while getting some groceries. I stopped collecting modern Marvel books about 10 years ago so it’s not about collecting or $, it’s all about chasing that dopamine. Like the comic book equivalent of those blind box toys. The toys always suck but there’s an allure to the mystery of what’s inside. At least comics are cool (mostly).

I hit up a few more walmarts after that but they were all cleared out. My brother hit one out by him and someone stole the variant books which is nonsense.

Yeah, that sucks that people were opening and stealing these. I don't really have an issue with people seeing the edges of the ASM 55 and buying, I get that. But outright theft or even ruining the books by trying to move them around in the packs to get a better look inside sucks. And the funny thing is, I bought my packs at two different stores and both the places looked picked over, but ironically the books I ended up hitting on were as good or better than the 55. But I agree, it's 100% like blind boxes and it really does get you with the dopamine/chase mentality. Like, what am I going to do with 3 copies of Star Wars High Republic 6? It's admittedly a cool cover; I do love Rancor. But it's a PITA to sell $4 comics on eBay, been there done that.

I will admit that I already listed my 1:500 Moon Knight though, hoping it'll get me some funds toward a book I really want. Are you planning on that with your 1:1000?

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/16/2021 at 7:35 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yeah, that sucks that people were opening and stealing these. I don't really have an issue with people seeing the edges of the ASM 55 and buying, I get that. But outright theft or even ruining the books by trying to move them around in the packs to get a better look inside sucks. And the funny thing is, I bought my packs at two different stores and both the places looked picked over, but ironically the books I ended up hitting on were as good or better than the 55. But I agree, it's 100% like blind boxes and it really does get you with the dopamine/chase mentality. Like, what am I going to do with 3 copies of Star Wars High Republic 6? It's admittedly a cool cover; I do love Rancor. But it's a PITA to sell $4 comics on eBay, been there done that.

I will admit that I already listed my 1:500 Moon Knight though, hoping it'll get me some funds toward a book I really want. Are you planning on that with your 1:1000?

Haha yeah I’ve been reading them and tossing them in the recycling. Increase the value of everyone else’s by a small amount.  And yeah I listed mine too but I’ve been debating taking it down and sending it in to be graded and possibly keeping/displaying it. It is a really cool cover and I’ve always liked Moon Knight. Good luck with the sale