• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

485 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 6:11 PM, Crops068 said:

I picked up 2 of the Venom packs 430BDA88-81FE-4173-8068-7120612FDB17.thumb.jpeg.a5d090d1b77f0f7f1cdd8c2445c6795f.jpeg

it was a brand new box as the CS rep opened the shrink wrap for me.  Will open it later tonight and post anything cool.

There was no Alien packs in the box. It did have Iron Man and Eternals that I do recall.

Some of those older Venom packs had 2nd prints of King Thor 1 (Gorr the God Butcher cover) back in the day, but I can't remember if it was the purple title Venom 25 packs or the white title... happy hunting!

Edited by Jesse-Lee

Ive bought four of them, not at the same time. 2 showing Venom 25's, 1 ASM 33 Walmart variant, the other was Black Knight/Curse of the Ebony Blade 1.

A couple of them had a thick book in there which turned out to be a Black Bolt one-shot.

Some neat stuff but nothing crazy. Secret Wars #1 1:25. Original Sin #2&3 both 1:10's. Black Widow #2 Adam Hughes. ASM 801 second print. Lenticular covers of Despicable Deadpool, Avengers, and She Hulk.

Edited by nines

On 9/14/2021 at 11:55 PM, Crops068 said:

I have 6 within 30 mins of me and all of them carry comics.  I just happened to be doing a return and saw the unopened new 7 pack on the CS counter.

They were pretty cool and just said "oh yeah we haven't put them out yet but yeah I will open it for you."  Then proceeded to tell me there was no limit, so I could have bought them all.

I ended up buying the 2 Venom packs only and left the rest, I was not interested in any of the other showing packs.  Maybe I will go back tomorrow and buy the rest. :devil:

Pretty sure there is no ratiogate with these but rumor is there is some pretty nice 2nd printings in some of the older packs.  I did not get any of those but I am happy with what I did get.

Think this was the best pull out of both packs -

image.thumb.png.a86c8d8d0f8ef077d9ac7832feed42fc.png

Nice cover!

On 9/16/2021 at 2:39 PM, Wolverinex said:

Nice cover!

Thanks I ended up with a 2nd one.  I went back and picked up 2 more packs.  One with Eternals showing, which ended up being a duplicate of one of the Venom 25s just reversed literally comic for comic it was the same.  And one showing Tony Stark Iron Man.

Like before nothing I would write home about but I am also not upset with the price point.  Anything that came up as cover price in CLZ I am going to just make coffee table fodder.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:43 PM, Crops068 said:

Thanks I ended up with a 2nd one.  I went back and picked up 2 more packs.  One with Eternals showing, which ended up being a duplicate of one of the Venom 25s just reversed literally comic for comic it was the same.  And one showing Tony Stark Iron Man.

Like before nothing I would write home about but I am also not upset with the price point.  Anything that came up as cover price in CLZ I am going to just make coffee table fodder.

Oh yeah,  these packs are totally worth it.  Cheap enough

On 9/20/2021 at 11:47 PM, PeterPark said:

Bought 8 of the 7-packs today and one had the Spectacular Spider-Man 300 1:1000 variant...pretty good score!

On 9/20/2021 at 10:32 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

My local store had a full box of these. I flipped through looking for any Fantastic Four comics but didn't see any so I left them all.

Picked up a few packs to today just to read.  Glad they finally made it down to my walmart 

On 9/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, xela_v said:

Dang I'd like to try to find one but none of the wal marts in SF bay area stocks comics!

Bears repeating just in case, only super walmarts and then only some of those, Google "might help" you find a super center location that has them idk.

I havent tried that hard myself

On 9/22/2021 at 3:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Bears repeating just in case, only super walmarts and then only some of those, Google "might help" you find a super center location that has them idk.

I havent tried that hard myself

I don't know that google can help me locate these? How? Lol

On 9/22/2021 at 7:07 PM, xela_v said:

I don't know that google can help me locate these? How? Lol

Well, not sure, but I'm thinking a search of "super Walmart" with your location turned on, but maybe adding "near me" would help.

Although I've heard they are all at super Walmarts but even then only "some" super Walmarts hahaha.

It might only narrow your search a hair but worth a shot

On 9/23/2021 at 9:57 PM, kevhtx said:

I bought about 10 packs. Got this one....

IMG_5321.thumb.JPG.c7683790e6363df65540e3f26aa9c8d1.JPG

My brother bought 2 packs and this was one of them (lucky B)....

65413730879__A0325511-1A42-4586-8DF3-CACF235B84F5.thumb.jpeg.ce20157c0b859157d8199eff9b3b6b94.jpeg

So you got the 1:1000 and he got...what exactly? The Champions 22 2nd print seems to be the best of it...asking prices are higher for the ratio variant and all realized prices except a recent outlier favor the spectacular 300 as well.