• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

There is some good stuff in those links but some of the first appearances are debatable.

Cal Kestis’ first appearance is listed as Star Wars Jedi - Yoda, but it’s not Cal Kestis. His first mention is in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple #5, but he has yet to appear in comics. 

Edit: it’s clear that it’s not Cal Kestis link. The only thing they really have in common is the first name.

Also, Cad Bane’s first appearance came in a series of Clone Wars shorts in a UK Star Wars comic that is impossible to find. I haven’t seen one for sale since I started looking. Might as well keep it as Darth Maul #2 lol 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I don't know much about Star Wars, my wife is the big Wars fan in the house but I've picked up a few Star Wars books over the past week or so, not spending big amounts on them though, if I can find books for cover price or below I'll grab them. So far the big wins have been Thrawn #1 and Darth Vader #3, so here is hoping something with Doctor Aphra happens at some stage :p

8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Cal Kestis’ first appearance is listed as Star Wars Jedi - Yoda, but it’s not Cal Kestis. His first mention is in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple #5, but he has yet to appear in comics. 

Edit: it’s clear that it’s not Cal Kestis link. The only thing they really have in common is the first name.

One more thing on this. The Wookiepedia link notes Cal as a Legends character, which puts him outside of canon. However, Marvel notes the comic on its website and in Marvel Unlimited - link. Does this mean that the events and characters appearing in this book are in canon? If so, the Cal in the book died before Order 66 and can't be Cal Kestis who survived Order 66 and may have even survived the purge.

38 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

One more thing on this. The Wookiepedia link notes Cal as a Legends character, which puts him outside of canon. However, Marvel notes the comic on its website and in Marvel Unlimited - link. Does this mean that the events and characters appearing in this book are in canon? If so, the Cal in the book died before Order 66 and can't be Cal Kestis who survived Order 66 and may have even survived the purge.

its legends the only canon dark horse title is son of dathomir  

35 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

its legends the only canon dark horse title is son of dathomir  

Got it. Either way, this Cal appeared in an episode of Clone Wars the cartoon, which is canon. IMO it's a huge reach to say they are the same character.

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Star Wars Insider 95 and 149. First ever appearances of Ahsoka and the Rebels characters.  Predates both the comics and the cartoons.  

Mags though. Much like Marvel Super Special #16 vs. Star Wars #42.

Edited by ygogolak

Star Wars Insiders are interesting. Certainly some upward movement in prices.

I see 95, and 103 (PX cover) on the rise for Ahsoka 1st app. plus many of her other cover appearances, especially 140 which often gets over $200

For Rebels, 149 and 152 seem to do well.

195 (Baby Yoda/Grogu) is also getting some bucks.

Edited by Rip

21 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Mags though. Much like Marvel Super Special #15 vs. Star Wars #42.

You have a point, but I would guess the next Marvel Super Special 16 9.8 that goes up for sale will go over $2k