• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

I wound up picking up a copy of 1st Quinlon Vos... 

I am only looking at 1st appearances of characters I like. 

I am debating a SW 42.  Debating it.  It's hard for me to spend serious money on some of these books when, at least to me, the first appearance for Boba Fett was an action figure. ... and I already have an AFA graded Jedi Carded Fett. 

3 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Are these prices sustainable — esp on the Dark Horse stuff — once cons are back?

The books at NYCC are overpriced compared to the big auction sites.  That's about the only one I go to.  Besides... if they were to cancel cons forever I don't think I would miss them. 

14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The books at NYCC are overpriced compared to the big auction sites.  That's about the only one I go to.  Besides... if they were to cancel cons forever I don't think I would miss them. 

Con money has gone to the internet, this has helped all of us.

21 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Are these prices sustainable — esp on the Dark Horse stuff — once cons are back?

Not sure, but as long as Disney keeps pulling characters out of Legends and using them in Canon, the Dark Horse books will continue to have some life. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Sigh... I would not miss the con itself but I would miss seeing @greggy I say that while on my iPad, in bed and pretending I’m at “night two” of the annual NYE run. 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Sigh... I would not miss the con itself but I would miss seeing @greggy I say that while on my iPad, in bed and pretending I’m at “night two” of the annual NYE run. 

image.jpg

Joey and I may make a return visit to NYCC despite the difficulty of making money there and my distaste of LaGuardia. 

xoxo

greggy

9 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Con money has gone to the internet, this has helped all of us.

It has not helped all of us. I hate selling books online as I do a TON of my business in $5 and under books which are perfect for cons. I've done three shows since the middle of March this year. Last year it was seventeen (including HeroesCon and other multi-day shows) in that same time period. Tens of thousands of dollars out of my pocket and so many less chances to buy!

Darth Maul 2 40th Anniversary Variant seems to be pretty soft in comparison to the Maul cover. 

Still struggle understanding why there are such large gaps like this situation (or the Thanos 13 covers).

Patrick

On 12/28/2020 at 3:08 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Marvel Super Special 16 is the first Yoda, Boba Fett and Lando. Came out before the comics and still undervalued as of now.  Seems like the better alternative to having to get 41, 42, and 43.

I have multiple copies, so continue to pump it up. But the novel and a couple UK Star Wars mags were first.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I have multiple copies, so continue to pump it up. But the novel and a couple UK Star Wars mags were first.

Don't need to pump this book up as copies have shot up before I made a post about it.  Yes the novel was first (paperback) but CGC won't grade those unfortunately.  None of the UK weekly ESB books came out before Super Special 16.  

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Don't need to pump this book up as copies have shot up before I made a post about it.  Yes the novel was first (paperback) but CGC won't grade those unfortunately.  None of the UK weekly ESB books came out before Super Special 16.  

1. First appearances are only determined by CGC grading now?
2. Multiple sources online put two ESB Weekly before. How did you determine they were not?

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

1. First appearances are only determined by CGC grading now?
2. Multiple sources online put two ESB Weekly before. How did you determine they were not?

1. So this would be the first appearance of Thrawn then? image.png.3458deda320e47879c2977741d6ff578.png

2.  Here is a recent article with dates.  I see no reason to dispute it, FT 74: First Boba Fett | CBSI Comics (comicbookinvest.com)