• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2020 at 5:47 PM, pkveronese said:

This. I think it's a super fragile bubble on a lot of these, most of these.

People are spending money now on the possibilities. Once the announced shows are available, the possibilities are whittled down to whatever they actually decide to do. I imagine then that prices might drop a bit, except for a select few that appear to be clear winners.

10 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, with the way the market is and treats previews as appearances, I think the floor for that book is $30-40. Not sure about the ceiling. We will probably find out as the Ahsoka show gets closer. 

I sold one a few weeks ago... I think it’s more of a curiosity than a key. It’s the first mention of Ashoka, and she speaks from off panel, but there’s no actual appearance. And, of course, it’s a preview of the actual comic where these things happen.

8 minutes ago, Brock said:

I sold one a few weeks ago... I think it’s more of a curiosity than a key. It’s the first mention of Ashoka, and she speaks from off panel, but there’s no actual appearance. And, of course, it’s a preview of the actual comic where these things happen.

I agree. The Ahsoka fuse has been burning for a while now, but her appearance on Mando this season has caused an explosion. Curiosity or not, I don't see it becoming a $1 book again anytime soon.

23 hours ago, pkveronese said:

It's got an exact reference to the Nihil Raiders in a different panel. Wookiepedia has jumped all over it as the earliest High Republic/Project Luminous reference to see print. They get referenced again in Star Wars (2020) #7 I believe.

Missed that part, thanks.
Still, it's just words, ehhh.

7 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Anybody got a scan of the Ahsoka reference in 2008 Discover Dark Horse?

KC is saying it's just a preview of :Star Wars The Clone Wars - Shipyards of Doom

Dialogue spoken by Ahsoka Tano and her name is mentioned but she is not seen on page

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

KC is saying it's just a preview of :Star Wars The Clone Wars - Shipyards of Doom

Dialogue spoken by Ahsoka Tano and her name is mentioned but she is not seen on page

Correct, search on ebay.  There is a copy for sale that has the space battle with the word bubbles. Discover Dark Horse 2008 $40

Edited by Catwomancomics