• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waiting for submission to be graded

16 posts in this topic

First time trying out CGC, sent in a small batch of 7 cards to be graded. Paid the highest possible price for supposedly 2 day walkthrough grading. 

CGC received the package on dec 8th, posted it “scheduled for grading” on December 9th, and have had no update since. Very unprofessional for a company to state roughly 2 days and not be able to complete 7 cards in 4 days and counting. No warning of delays posted on website before or during submission. No emails sent personally to let me know about any delays. Will not be returning to CGC and taking my business to BGS for $50 premium service. 

• Administrator

Hello,

I have looked into this submission. It was received on the afternoon of Wednesday, December 9th. While the system states it should have been done by Friday, December 11, that is technically only 1.5 business days. Due to the time at which it was received on Wednesday, it was unable to be completed by Friday. I will make sure it gets out today.

Please also note that our website clearly states: Turnaround times are approximate and not guaranteed.

Thank you,

Paul

if you think that's bad,

Service: Standard (20 Days)

date delivered: 11/06/2020

Date received into system: 11/16/2020

Current Status: Scheduled for grading

Today is

20th business day since its been received into system

26th business day since delivered to CGC

39th calendar day since delivered to CGC

I expect another week at least at this rate, and doubt I will get them back before Christmas, which these were supposed to be Christmas gifts. 

Edited by Kiramouse

Oct 23rd, 2020 DELIVERED PO BOX

Oct 28 2020 Received logged by CGC

Dec 12, 2020 "Scheduled for Grading"  for more than a week.

Hopefully CGC does not follow the same path as SGC, they had a great opportunity to get a big share of grading from PSA/BGS but dropped the ball and currently have

wait time worse than PSA/BGS.   I am cheering for CGC, but the answers, communications and performance is slipping recently.

Just Remember PSA is backed up 4-8 months. im sure CGC is getting an alarming amount cards being sent in to be graded. Plus its the Holiday months. Im sure they are getting backed up. If you dont have patience dont get your cards graded. or go spend more somewhere else. this is a fantastic grading company. Be thankful they are grading Pokemon Cards.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Kiramouse said:

if you think that's bad,

Service: Standard (20 Days)

date delivered: 11/06/2020

Date received into system: 11/16/2020

Current Status: Scheduled for grading

Today is

20th business day since its been received into system

26th business day since delivered to CGC

39th calendar day since delivered to CGC

I expect another week at least at this rate, and doubt I will get them back before Christmas, which these were supposed to be Christmas gifts. 

I just looked at this submission. It is currently on business day 18. I believe you are counting Thanksgiving, when we were off. It is in slab, and is moving through the process.

Paul

6 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

I just looked at this submission. It is currently on business day 18. I believe you are counting Thanksgiving, when we were off. It is in slab, and is moving through the process.

Paul

11/16 to 12/14 is 21 week days, with thanksgiving makes it 20 business days. 

Lot of people are concerned here about times and not realizing this is the busiest time of year for work, also the busiest time for grading with the recent explosion of interest, as well as COVID restrictions.

Graders are human people, let's remember this before we get frustrated, I'm certain people orders would be going more smoothly if not for those 3 things. 

36 minutes ago, MisterBox said:

Graders are human people, let's remember this before we get frustrated, I'm certain people orders would be going more smoothly if not for those 3 things. 

Additionally, remember the turnaround times are estimates. I do wish the company would incorporate the delay of "receiving" a package into the turnaround estimate to provide a more accurate transaction. Seems odd it can be "delivered" for an unlimited number of days before starting the process. In the current process, the company should always be able to make the turnaround times by further increasing the delay of being marked "received".

Customers are humans too.   All grading companies should keep that in mind.  They collect money fast from customers.   The system should collect just before shipping so the customers feel like something is at risk if grading companies take to long. 

One reason i do not use BGS bulk or SGC bulk is they collect when received and the money is tied up for 6-10 months+.

PSA collects only when finished.  So your money is not tied up and PSA has a responsibility to grade before collecting money.

Hope CGC learns from the mistakes of other grading companies.  There is just too much excuses in the grading card world at this time.  

21 hours ago, alohaboyz said:

Customers are humans too.   All grading companies should keep that in mind.  They collect money fast from customers.   The system should collect just before shipping so the customers feel like something is at risk if grading companies take to long. 

One reason i do not use BGS bulk or SGC bulk is they collect when received and the money is tied up for 6-10 months+.

PSA collects only when finished.  So your money is not tied up and PSA has a responsibility to grade before collecting money.

Hope CGC learns from the mistakes of other grading companies.  There is just too much excuses in the grading card world at this time.  

One thing I have noticed with the payments is while they wont charge the submissions till it is in the process of grading they will lump anything that is still received in with the next payment which is kind of odd.  I know I wont be seeing some of my economy shipments for a solid month but they have already been charged to me while still in received due to some of my walkthroughs that were sent in after being graded.

It might help save them on processing fees or something of that nature but I wish that the payments were split into a single invoice for a single submission once the grading starts.  I think that makes the most sense for customer satisfaction and record keeping as well. 

1 hour ago, LordSherman said:

One thing I have noticed with the payments is while they wont charge the submissions till it is in the process of grading they will lump anything that is still received in with the next payment which is kind of odd.  I know I wont be seeing some of my economy shipments for a solid month but they have already been charged to me while still in received due to some of my walkthroughs that were sent in after being graded.

It might help save them on processing fees or something of that nature but I wish that the payments were split into a single invoice for a single submission once the grading starts.  I think that makes the most sense for customer satisfaction and record keeping as well. 

I think you nailed the missing link; that must be what their system does.  Probably isn't a complex invoicing system, if that's the case, OR they are trying to reduce overhead of having to manage multiple submissions and just grouping together the accounts receivable all at once.  I also think I was charged while still in received on one submission, but charged at 'grading' step for another.  Inconsistent, and this seems to really be varying between customers; it's making for a lot of confusion.  They have also stated opposing things on these forums versus what their Cust Service folks in email are saying, which doesn't help.  I think they are dealing with process issues and a training gap of new folks coming on to assist with the online customer service either aren't given clear details on how to answer 2nd and 3rd level questions, or the information is out of date and their process is not handling things as stated in their guidelines.  Honestly, I hope their operational processes improve; they have likely focused their resources on making the grading of high quality, which leaves the Cust Service functions in a marginalized state.  

39 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Usually major credible companies take "DISCOVER" credit/debit cards.    I find that one unusual that CGC does not.

Growing Pains and we early customers are the guinea pigs. 

Discover doesn't bundle with all POS systems; whatever they've chosen for payments must not have negotiated fees with Discover, or negotiated lower fees with Visa/MC to keep Discover out of their system.  Visa/MC are in almost all systems.  Discover and AMEX aren't; it's definitely less common than it used to be, but it used to happen all the time.  I used to use my Discover for points/cash back and found out the hard way that retail wasn't friendly to them.