• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropping Below Bulk Minimum Quantity

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering about the following scenario:

1) You submit 50 cards for grading in the "Bulk" tier, which has a minimum of 50 cards and maximum declared value of $100 per card.

2) Upon review, CGC decides one of the cards you valued at $90 is actually worth more than $100.

3) Now you have 49 items in the Bulk tier and 1 item in a higher tier.

Does CGC disqualify you from using the Bulk tier because you're under the 50 card minimum?

Could this result in grading fees jumping from $8/card (bulk) to $15/card (economy) for 49 cards?

Thanks!

Edited by Squirtle

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Squirtle said:

Hi, I was wondering about the following scenario:

1) You submit 50 cards for grading in the "Bulk" tier, which has a minimum of 50 cards and maximum declared value of $100 per card.

2) Upon review, CGC decides one of the cards you valued at $90 is actually worth more than $100.

3) Now you have 49 items in the Bulk tier and 1 item in a higher tier.

Does CGC disqualify you from using the Bulk tier because you're under the 50 card minimum?

Could this result in grading fees jumping from $8/card (bulk) to $15/card (economy) for 49 cards?

Thanks!

Good question!

No, if a card is bumped, it will remain on the bulk submission, but will be charged the correct rate. The rate on the others will not change.

Paul

Thank god this question was asked. Now I have a similar follow up one. Say you submit a card that you know is above the criteria in a bulk of 50 because it's obvious (Base set Charizard NM for example), does the same solution apply? That it will just be upgraded to the correct rate and you'll be charged accordingly?

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Ben Fenner said:

Thank god this question was asked. Now I have a similar follow up one. Say you submit a card that you know is above the criteria in a bulk of 50 because it's obvious (Base set Charizard NM for example), does the same solution apply? That it will just be upgraded to the correct rate and you'll be charged accordingly?

You should not do this because the invoices that need bumps are delayed in their processing.

Paul