• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerebus appreciation thread

38 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SuperBird said:

There is apparently no Cerebus appreciation thread? So let's kick one off with my shiny new copy. 

I started reading Cerebus with issue 63, a weird one to start with, for sure, but it got me hooked. From then until issue 200, Cerebus was my favorite comic. I scoured local small shows to find all the issues I was missing. irregardless of condition, until I had the full set... barring number 1. I was too cheap at the time to pick up an authentic #1, so was content with a counterfeit. Until last week!

cerebus1.jpg

Should this be in the Bronze section? 

I am a big fan of Cerebus, and Dave Sim as well. I give him a very small amount of $ every month on Patreon even! He earned it with that book.

Anyway, today I took 2 issues of Grendel out of their bags, bought them a few years ago from a collector and only today noticed the backing boards were stamped. I think it is pretty cool, cooler than the two Grendel comics even!

4376BDE5-4D65-4E84-A137-37D133ACA711.jpeg

Edited by Bird

17 hours ago, Bird said:

I am a big fan of Cerebus, and Dave Sim as well. I give him a very small amount of $ every month on Patreon even! He earned it with that book.

Anyway, today I took 2 issues of Grendel out of their bags, bought them a few years ago from a collector and only today noticed the backing boards were stamped. I think it is pretty cool, cooler than the two Grendel comics even!

4376BDE5-4D65-4E84-A137-37D133ACA711.jpeg

Very nice to see that store stamp again.  I miss Harry (the original owner of Now & Then).  He was a wealth of information and a great collector of "stuff", ranging from comics, comic art, Beatles/Stones collectibles, and more!

Some cool Cerebus pieces coming up in the latest HA auctions including original art pages from #5, 13, 80, and 159 along with some of the rare hand-colored First Fifth plates and a set of B&W plates:

https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=0+793+794+791+792+1893+1577+2088&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Nty=1&Ntt=cerebus&limitTo=all&ic=homepage-search-A-K-071316

No #1 however.  Those seem to have dried up.

35 minutes ago, comiconxion said:

Some cool Cerebus pieces coming up in the latest HA auctions including original art pages from #5, 13, 80, and 159 along with some of the rare hand-colored First Fifth plates and a set of B&W plates:

https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=0+793+794+791+792+1893+1577+2088&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Nty=1&Ntt=cerebus&limitTo=all&ic=homepage-search-A-K-071316

Those are some sweet art pieces. They're actually is one Cerebus1 8.5on the market on comic link. But you are right... they have become increasingly rare

8 hours ago, comiconxion said:

My apologies.  You are correct.  There are NO copies of Cerebus 1 on the market.  

The comic link 8.5 starts in May..  5/13/2021 8:00:00 PM ET