• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What ever happened Joe Madureira?

61 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 4:29 PM, D2 said:

March 9th preview of Battle Chasers 10...

7 months later... same ol' Mad.

Still no release.

rests.JPG

Mad's past/present has proven that it's not worth believing his "news" until it's in your hand. 

I love the guy's work, but he's super unreliable.  It's definitely about the buck and why Cliffhanger didn't make it very far (including Campbell).

Patrick

On 10/13/2021 at 6:56 PM, Qalyar said:

And people complain about CGC's TATs!

I literally laughed out loud at this

On 10/13/2021 at 9:19 PM, followtheleader said:

Mad's past/present has proven that it's not worth believing his "news" until it's in your hand. 

I love the guy's work, but he's super unreliable.  It's definitely about the buck and why Cliffhanger didn't make it very far (including Campbell).

Patrick

I completely agree with you. 

Of all the comic book letdowns, Joe Mad has got to be one of the biggest. His art was stuff of legend, but he didn't have it where it counted, making it into the reader's hands.

I understand the driving force behind money and the need to feed your kids. It's just sad that he just couldn't be bothered to finish off a legacy for a legion of fans that were dedicated to him.
Instead he just took it for granted.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:13 AM, Crops068 said:

Buddy of mine has helped him find stuff at Target a couple times, my buddy works at Target, and had to hold in his inner fanboi because he loves him some Joe Mad.

I would be that guy that would ask him "yo where is BC #10?" :banana:

Worth it! Even if Joe Mad loses his mind. That in itself would be worth the challenge 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:23 PM, D2 said:

Worth it! Even if Joe Mad loses his mind. That in itself would be worth the challenge 

I would guess he's been asked about Battle Chasers a million times.  Which still makes it fun. 

Especially since he has a BC game since the comic. 

Anyone ever play it?  Any good? 
Patrick

I absolutely loved Battle Chasers and honestly, that series crushed me.  The long waits... the delays.... the teasing... and then the super early finish (9 issues??? Wtf!?!?).

I was young and just getting addicted to comics and spent a lot on #1 (well, a lot for me then) and I adored that book.  I still think back to it often.

I will never forgive Joe Mad :(lol

Edited by Erndog

I still remember when I picked up a copy of deadpool circle chase #1.

I was hooked, but it left me wanting more, then I didnt see Joe mads art for a long time.

I picked up the deadpool from a stop n go gas station and I never remembered to go back for following issues.

I think I traded that for my cousins Jim Lee x-men, I was equally impressed. We had a conversation about #1's. He lived out in the country and I wanted him to have the best comic, cause in my city brain, he didnt have a store for miles lol

Precious Memories!

Furthermore 

The first chance I had when getting back into comics in 2014 or 2015, I got Joe mad to sign a circle chase.

He wanted me to slab it, but I told him it w as s my childhood copy as far as I knew, as i found it at my parents house lol

He just gave me that Joe mad smile and said i should slab it anyway lol

Probably cause the witness was already there, but it was too low grade

On 10/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, followtheleader said:

I would guess he's been asked about Battle Chasers a million times.  Which still makes it fun. 

Patrick

I saw it but I've never played it. I don't know anyone that has played it either. It doesn't help that all the BC characters look like they were inspired directly from FF games.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Furthermore 

The first chance I had when getting back into comics in 2014 or 2015, I got Joe mad to sign a circle chase.

He wanted me to slab it, but I told him it w as s my childhood copy as far as I knew, as i found it at my parents house lol

He just gave me that Joe mad smile and said i should slab it anyway lol

Probably cause the witness was already there, but it was too low grade

lol! what was his obsession for slabs?

I'm surprised he made a semi-recent comic appearance. It must have been to promote the very BC game we are talking about?

On 10/15/2021 at 9:15 PM, D2 said:

I saw it but I've never played it. I don't know anyone that has played it either. It doesn't help that all the BC characters look like they were inspired directly from FF games.

lol! what was his obsession for slabs?

I'm surprised he made a semi-recent comic appearance. It must have been to promote the very BC game we are talking about?

Oh idk I wasnt in the loop of it that year. I think it was 2019 or 18 Dallas at a con. I just happened to see he showed, but then the next day I brought the circle chase ...  :shy:

Still he was game for it all I believe at the time  :)

On 10/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick

I played it when it came out. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:37 AM, Tnexus said:
On 10/15/2021 at 7:18 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick

I played it when it came out. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I agree, it felt really short though.  I enjoyed the game mechanics though, reminded me of WildARMS some.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:27 PM, Wolverinex said:

Tell him to finish game of thrones already.   I'm tired of waiting

Obviously, Joe Mad should illustrate a comic book adaptation of The Winds of Winter, because the world needs something even less likely to release than Half-Life 3.

I have a few X-men books of his signed. I should probably dig them out and get them CGC'd if there's still interest in him. I kind of assumed there wasn't since he started making video games.

I met him at one of the Mega-Cons (pre-battlechasers) in Florida when I was growing up. He was pretty generous with his time and did a sketch or 2 for me.

Edit: I actually posted a sketch he did awhile back on a different thread.

Edited by Pixx_L

On 1/17/2022 at 7:03 PM, Pixx_L said:

I have a few X-men books of his signed. I should probably dig them out and get them CGC'd if there's still interest in him. I kind of assumed there wasn't since he started making video games.

I met him at one of the Mega-Cons (pre-battlechasers) in Florida when I was growing up. He was pretty generous with his time and did a sketch or 2 for me.

Edit: I actually posted a sketch he did awhile back on a different thread.

They will be a green label unless you take the hit for them to be universal.

P.S. nice Gambit and amazing Bone!

EDIT - just noticed the Aeon Flux too!

Edited by Crops068
added some text **

On 10/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, Wolverinex said:

haha... Honestly, I think GRRM is going to live to  100 and never finish it.

Given how people reacted to the end of the TV series, he actually has an incentive not to finish it.