• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have only received those errors today.

They have been worse today. I have seen this happen over the last week. Some times were really early hours 2-4 am , but today has been a lot worse.

Is everyone still having the issue where you get randomly logged out of the forums after some number of days, and then you have to sign in again?

(and in my case there’s an extra step where, even though it appears I’m already signed out, I have to “sign out” again before I can actually log back in)

Was there a fix announced for this which I missed, or is everyone just living with it like me? 

On 10/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, Axelrod said:

Is everyone still having the issue where you get randomly logged out of the forums after some number of days, and then you have to sign in again?

(and in my case there’s an extra step where, even though it appears I’m already signed out, I have to “sign out” again before I can actually log back in)

Was there a fix announced for this which I missed, or is everyone just living with it like me? 

I get that.  Have for many months but more often lately.

Have to sign in, sign out, then sign back in.   Zzz..

On 10/1/2022 at 8:05 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I get that.  Have for many months but more often lately.

Have to sign in, sign out, then sign back in.   Zzz..

Same here - I actually thought it was an issue with my browser at first, but it happens across different browsers and my phone.

I’m an old man now and can say with accuracy that the internet worked much better 10 years ago - so I just chalk it up to the fact no one can keep up with the myriad of apps, browsers and operating system conflicts there are now. :preach:

Happens to me as well.  Have to log out, then log back in.  I have to do that about every three to five days.  

Yup, on multiple devices.  Quite frustrating.

On 10/1/2022 at 7:29 AM, Kramerica said:

Seriously though, we should save it for the Holidays. The Holiday Season is really when we should complain about a bunch of stuff.

It's OctoberFest.  Airing grievences and bodacious amounts of beer go hand in hand.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:39 AM, Axelrod said:

Pretty sure you can only be logged in from 2 devices at any given time. If you log into a 3rd, it'll kick the oldest one off.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

I've started to get randomly signed out again and then cannot log back in unless I clear all CGC Board cookies.  

I’ve had that happen as well, for quite a while now.