• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sledgehammer said:

What evidence is there that anybody that buys his books, and his feedback shows every possible grade that a comic can get, is unhappy with what he is selling them??

All good. How's this? I'll keep posting the before and after images and you keep rushing to his defense. We'll see which lasts longer. The evidence or the defense. It'll be interesting, no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Its the difference between being hopeful/overgrading and knowingly knowing the grade is nowhere near that-because it was in a slab.

In both cases they are knowingly selling a book at a major overgrade. I really don't see much difference. But I'm obviously in the minority here. Either way, both scummy and unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

What evidence is there that anybody that buys his books, and his feedback shows every possible grade that a comic can get, is unhappy with what he is selling them??

And it's a wonderful practice. I'm so sorry I'm aware of it. I would love to buy as many raw 9.4s and 9.6s that were CGC 7.5s a month before. What a collection I would amass doing this!! I only hurt myself by being too aware. Darn!  :frown:

1 minute ago, kav said:

If I tell you I can fly-would that be enough evidence for you?

So he is damned for not answering people’s questions and damned for answering them, as well. He says he pressed the book. It looks like the book was pressed. What more do you need?

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And it's a wonderful practice. I'm so sorry I'm aware of it. I would love to buy as many raw 9.4s and 9.6s that were CGC 7.5s a month before. What a collection I would amass doing this!! I only hurt myself by being too aware. Darn!  :frown:

People may defend him but not to the extent, I think, of actually buying those books-

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

So he is damned for not answering people’s questions and damned for answering them, as well. He says he pressed the book. It looks like the book was pressed. What more do you need?

does the alleged photoshopping/manipulating of image factor into the 'looks like they were pressed'?

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

How about honesty in the listing? "I'm offering this as a 9.4 because I pressed then photoshopped it. It was formerly a CGC 7.5 (and is likely to be when re-submitted)"

8 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Maybe james can do a timeline-he was baffled when questioned according to previous comment and did not mention pressing and he mentioned pressing-if the one came after the other perhaps it was after he had time to think.  Not sure.

Edited by kav

Here is what I would do and hope others do too:

”This IM 55 was a former 7.5. I cracked and pressed it and believe it looks much better but you be the judge (shares as many NATURAL pics as possible)

Perfect, legit, honest person.

When I ask the question “Why are you NOT disclosing the press or former grade in the listing?”, the answer is likely because I want to make more money. Which is the shady part for me. 

9 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Here is what I would do and hope others do too:

”This IM 55 was a former 7.5. I cracked and pressed it and believe it looks much better but you be the judge (shares as many NATURAL pics as possible)

Perfect, legit, honest person.

When I ask the question “Why are you NOT disclosing the press or former grade in the listing?”, the answer is likely because I want to make more money. Which is the shady part for me. 

That's it. Do your part to slow the deathly descent of ebay for buyers of raw books, instead of just being one more sand trap and contributing to it. 

6 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Would it be poor practice for me to enter an obscenely high bid so I win, and then never pay but ensure that I make his life hell and somehow leave feedback that shares his nefarious practices?

Yes, I think it would.

If this IM 55 was in a 9.4 CGC holder, I don't think anyone would care about the history. Someone would snap it up in a heartbeat.

I've seen too many 7.5 and 8.0 ASM 300 and a Hulk 7.0 181 pressed in to a 9.4 graded copy.

The guy offers 30 day returns.

29 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I traded for a Spidey 11 with a very reputable forum member. He said it was a cracked CGC 5.5. I recently sent the raw book to MCS on consignment and they graded it a 4.5.

Where is the outrage? Where is the justice?

MCS 4.5 = CGC 5.5 in most cases 

You can always ask Este to have it sent for grading and then have them relist it when it comes back from CGC ( :wishluck: ) as a 5.5

1 minute ago, Black_Adam said:

MCS 4.5 = CGC 5.5 in most cases 

You can always ask Este to have it sent for grading and then have them relist it when it comes back from CGC ( :wishluck: ) as a 5.5

Totally agree with that. And have experienced it. MCS is great to buy from for raw books due to their conservative grading. But selling or consigning raw books to them is a recipe for disappointment. They aren't doing anything wrong. If they buy your book and grade it as a 4.5 they are going to list it for sale at the same grade. Just more conservative graders.