• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2021 at 10:28 AM, universal soldier said:

Seems like all his content has been scrubbed and no log-in since yesterday at 9:54. Looks looks the mods had enough of him :whee:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/48653-scootrk/content/

He had probably 10 posts that were nothing but masking insults, so I doubt he'll be missed.

On 9/20/2021 at 2:40 AM, James J Johnson said:

Because the scale is different for comics as it relates to comics, you should know that.. A 7.5 is a book with enough flaws so as to be far removed from a 9.4; a book nearly without flaws. This is why the average CGC 9.4 will sell for 10 times more than the average CGC 7.5, and more than 10 times 7.5 if a key or high demand issue where high grades are in short supply.

So what BeatleBlueCat (most likely you) does is to buy CGC 7.5 (VF-) at say $100, crack it out, list it raw as a 9.4 (NM), knowing that if a CGC 9.4 will sell for 10 times what he paid for the 7.5, he can expect to get about 1/3rd the CGC price for a raw 9.4 than he could for a CGC 9.4, which the CGC 7.5 he bought is most certainly not. So he'll get $300 to $500 for the 7.5he bought for $100 by deliberately misrepresenting it as a 9.4. Someone who wants a 9.4 of that issue will gamble with his raw misrepresented garbage thinking they will take the chance on a $1000 book for $300 to $500. 

BBC hyperinflates the CGC grades, what the book's condition actually is, enough so that this formula works. He inflates the grade to match the market price for a book that should sell for 10 times what he paid for the CGC 7.5 he bought to resell so listed raw, he can still expect to make a profit. of course, when the buyer submits it, he's going to get back the same CGC 7.5 that he bought; a book worth no more than the $100 he paid for it, and now the buyer is stuck with a $100 book he paid $300 to $500 for because he believed he was going to be getting what he thought he was bidding on. A book of 9.4 quality. His buyer will message him something like this: 

"That AS 300 you sold me as a NM+ for $3000 came back a 7.5!!!!! I'm out about $2500. I'd like to return it" 

After frantically checking the payment date (to see if 3 or 6 months have passed so the buyer can't initiate a chargeback, and if the window for leaving negative feedback has expired, or if the buyer has already left positive feedback, if all of those conditions are met, he (you) will answer with some mumbo jumbo and general scam speak about how CGC doesn't guarantee their grades so he doesn't ether". And that "nowhere in his listing did he guarantee that the book will be graded the same by CGC". 

This is BBC's (your) formula. I've seen the messages. It's pathetic. The wriggling, the squirming. The meely-mouthed scam speak to wriggle off the hook. 

There's more. Much more. This is good for now. 

JJJ just explained his exact formula on how he's been ripping off collectors for years as Comic-Keys, Robojo33 and now KellysSuperHeroes.

Bravo Danny! Bravo!! :golfclap:

I also think the other key to his scamming success, and IMO there is a kind of cleverness to it, is that alongside the big books (like the Hulk#181 NM+ he has for sale now) are the mass of smaller books constantly being sold.

By selling a large number of small, non-key, raw books at fair grading assessment he has amassed a sterling reputation on eBay (100% at 10,000 feedback), this reputation gives buyers faith when purchasing those big dollar keys. It's devilishly clever. He's using a mass of decent small books sold correctly to lure in the big fish.

Edited by SP1dxor

On 1/31/2022 at 9:45 AM, The Meta said:

Yes and someone doing the detective work was found to be DD as well

that was a twist to me...it is a remake of a classic story and then they just juice it up a bit more, add more of the same, and I go "WOW, didn't see that coming". The guy telling the story about the scammer is himself the scammer, but he's also the guy listening! :ohnoez:

Edited by Bird

On 1/31/2022 at 8:07 AM, Bird said:

that was a twist to me...it is a remake of a classic story and then they just juice it up a bit more, add more of the same, and I go "WOW, didn't see that coming". The guy telling the story about the scammer is himself the scammer, but he's also the guy listening! :ohnoez:

This is what happens when your turn your body into a walking uterus 

• Administrator

I do not believe the new poster is a shill for DD (The OP)  Also, management has decided months ago that JJJ (The OP) will be allowed to stay on the forum.  That means he is not to be harassed.