• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megacon Orlando August 12-15, 2021
1 1

81 posts in this topic

Will CGC have their booth at Megacon accepting comics drop-offs for grading?

I’m leaving right from the hotel for a vacation. So if I can’t drop comics off then I can’t bring them at all, because I won’t be going back home.  

On 8/10/2021 at 6:30 PM, CCComics said:

Great, just booked my room. Hopefully will see alot of people there. 

I hope so too, I am heading down today. Most likely doing Thursday and Friday only though.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:06 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

Is CGC coming? No this has been asked before. They cut back on shows in 2021 because they have a backlog is my understanding.

Nothing on their Event page.  On their FB page, they usually plug the CGC facilitator who will be there.  It shows Black Flag Comics

Hello. I asked CGC about 2 months ago if they are attending Megacon and the response I got was if their calendar does not say they are, then no. I just checked the floor plan and they are not listed on there. I did see CBCS. I've had several vendors say they will be there but I need a witness for several signings. Can CGC confirm today? I'm packing up books as we speak to go down there.

CGC will not have a booth at this show like usual. 

They've recently shared the following CGC Facilitators for the show (not limited to these) on their instagram

Alpha Omega Certification
Black Flag Comics
ClassiCollectibles
Ibis Comics
Unknown Comics

Edited by mangbus

On 8/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, joeypost said:

Show isn’t that bad, but attendance seems to be down. The time I have spent in the booth with some dealers. It appears that books are moving, and fast.

Hey, Joey. I know the Reece's will be there, any other dealers or boardies? Do you hang out at a particular dealers table alot? On my way and would be great to meet some other people while there. 

On 8/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, CCComics said:

Hey, Joey. I know the Reece's will be there, any other dealers or boardies? Do you hang out at a particular dealers table alot? On my way and would be great to meet some other people while there. 

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

High Grade Comics

Daves Comics out of Georgia

Harley Yee

Lots of good books at the show, but I am still not used to the new values on books so I was still in shock, but quickly adjusted and did some buying late in the day. 

I had great time at Megacon.  My son and I bought several very nice books and also sold some.  It was nice meeting and talking with some of the dealers in person that I have purchased through their websites.  There was nice crowd Saturday at the show and books seemed to be selling.  This show is a 4 hour drive for me but was well worth it.  I did not see as many keys as I have at prior shows.  

I am happy that shows are back and hope to go to Megacon again next year.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:21 AM, jeffreyk said:

I had great time at Megacon.  My son and I bought several very nice books and also sold some.  It was nice meeting and talking with some of the dealers in person that I have purchased through their websites.  There was nice crowd Saturday at the show and books seemed to be selling.  This show is a 4 hour drive for me but was well worth it.  I did not see as many keys as I have at prior shows.  

I am happy that shows are back and hope to go to Megacon again next year.

Nice to hear your son bought some comics with you at the show.  :applause: