• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo Limited Edition - September 10-12, 2021
1 1

131 posts in this topic

Alberta is getting pretty aggressive, stating Stampede will be open this year. Haven't heard anything from the Expo, other than the usual promotional stuff.

I suppose I can't express my opinion on the matter, but that line of thinking is optimistic, at best.

With that said, I'm getting jabbed on the first. Wife had hers a few weeks ago. Sore arm for a night, nausea 4 days later. Lethargic and tired for a few days. See how it goes for me.

Perhaps you missed the update posted here that the late July/early August event was placed on hold to be pushed back into the fall. The new dates have not been announced yet. So technically, we're all on hold. 

54 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Perhaps you missed the update posted here that the late July/early August event was placed on hold to be pushed back into the fall. The new dates have not been announced yet. So technically, we're all on hold. 

:wishluck: That we are in the position for both the Calgary and Edmonton Expos to go ahead in the fall. 

10 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I didn't miss it, I stated haven't heard anything but the usual promotional stuff.

Today is 25% off at the online store

10 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Thanks Kevin.  I believe the Edmonton Expo was planned for this fall.  Can you tell us anything about that show?

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Thanks Kevin.  I believe the Edmonton Expo was planned for this fall.  Can you tell us anything about that show?

It is still a go. (thumbsu

11 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
12 hours ago, kimik said:

It is still a go. (thumbsu

You’re not Kevin :nyah:

No, but I ask questions direct to FanExpo for us............... :slapfight:

Edited by kimik

10 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Is the entire Clobberin' Time gang of 4 planning to vend at Edmonton Expo Sept, 2021? AB seems to be opening up faster than BC this summer.

We plan to be at both events if Calgary is held this fall. The past year and a half of buying with no shows means stock has built up. I have a collection of 4000 or so books in the garage that still needs to be processed fully. Every two weeks I go rummage through some of the boxes and pull out some more hot modern books. It is like bin diving in a store. lol

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kimik said:

We plan to be at both events if Calgary is held this fall. The past year and a half of buying with no shows means stock has built up. I have a collection of 4000 or so books in the garage that still needs to be processed fully. Every two weeks I go rummage through some of the boxes and pull out some more hot modern books. It is like bin diving in a store. lol

I'll take Things my wallet doesn't want to hear, for 500 Alex

4 hours ago, kimik said:

It would sure be nice to do a show.  Looking at and talking about comics for three or four days and bending my elbow with a pint of beer at the end of each day, heaven.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

It would sure be nice to do a show.  Looking at and talking about comics for three or four days and bending my elbow with a pint of beer at the end of each day, heaven.

I thought that was every day for you - dig through a few of the hundreds of long boxes you have for the latest hot books of the week, break out a beer or two at the end of the day, then repeat the next day........

We are hoping to be in a position to hold a Calgary and an Edmonton event this fall.

Edmonton Expo is October 1-3, 2021 and is proceeding.

Calgary, new dates are being looked at, but they are waiting to see how things progress, with all of the news in Alberta over the last couple of weeks.

8 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

We are hoping to be in a position to hold a Calgary and an Edmonton event this fall.

Edmonton Expo is October 1-3, 2021 and is proceeding.

Calgary, new dates are being looked at, but they are waiting to see how things progress, with all of the news in Alberta over the last couple of weeks.

Will there be any new regulations, and if there are where can I find info on that? Thinking about getting a booth again to one or both.

Calgary may end up being like Toronto, a Limited Edition capped attendance show, but I don't know for sure. Not so much a concern at Edmonton. 

I've asked about regulations and they tell me they will determine them 30 days before each event date after consulting with the facility rules and the public health unit. For instance, we probably still need to wear masks at these indoor events, and our crowd control folk will spread lines out so people aren't bunched up too closely. 

I recommend having a chat with Exhibitor Manager George Zotti, who can give you some insight on what they are recommending for vendors. George.Zotti@fanexpohq.com

Edited by Kevin Boyd

9 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Calgary may end up being like Toronto, a Limited Edition capped attendance show, but I don't know for sure. Not so much a concern at Edmonton. 

I've asked about regulations and they tell me they will determine them 30 days before each event date after consulting with the facility rules and the public health unit. For instance, we probably still need to wear masks at these indoor events, and our crowd control folk will spread lines out so people aren't bunched up too closely. 

I recommend having a chat with Exhibitor Manager George Zotti, who can give you some insight on what they are recommending for vendors. George.Zotti@fanexpohq.com

Thanks will do, I'm talking about getting a booth so 30 days before wouldn't work but I'll contact the email you linked and see.