• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo Limited Edition - September 10-12, 2021
1 1

131 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, aardvark88 said:

Will Clobberin' Time be planning another Forumite group dinner in downtown Calgary for Saturday evening?

We will have to do one. The most epic Calgary Expo group dinner I can remember was held in 2008. It was one of the LCS owner's bday and  his cousin worked for the Ruth's Chris downtown so she got us tables there. When we arrived, we were placed in the Private Room at Ruth's Chris since we had a few drinks before dinner at the Marriott. In the end, the dinner for the 8 of us cost $3Kish due to the wine and whiskey. lol Thankfully it had been a great Friday and Saturday at the show. 

Sunday was a hard day to be on the show floor as we were all hurting. At one point in the morning my old comics partner and I just set a short box at the front of the booth and had customers pay there and make their own change since we did not want to move around. We pulled all the expensive books back to the wall rack by us just in case someone tried to steal one - that way we might have had a chance to stop them lol That was the hardest drive home from a show I have ever had.

On 6/25/2021 at 3:25 PM, joeypost said:

open the border before this show. 

USA and international collector-fans need to have a negative showing Covid test result 72 hours before entering Canada. Please enter your vaccination info on mobile Arrive CAN app.

For those looking for a hotel, Expedia is offering a decent deal on Holiday Inn Express downtown Calgary. 2 queen beds, grab n go breakfast, free parking(?), close to light rapid transit to Expo for $116 Cdn/night plus taxes, tourism fee. Don't have to prepay, and cancellable without penalty to Sept. 7, 2021. Compare $ to when Calgary Expo finally uploads their con discount hotels.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:56 AM, aardvark88 said:

Posted up now: 4.5 stars not enough for greggy?

Calgary Expo discounted hotel deals

Thanks, just booked at the Marriott

I would have preferred the Sheralton like in the past but the regular prices were too high.

xoxo

On 7/27/2021 at 11:15 AM, greggy said:
On 7/27/2021 at 10:56 AM, aardvark88 said:

Posted up now: 4.5 stars not enough for greggy?

Calgary Expo discounted hotel deals

Thanks, just booked at the Marriott

I would have preferred the Sheralton like in the past but the regular prices were too high.

xoxo

:whatthe:  Greggy has to slum it like the rest of us this year.

On 8/2/2021 at 1:39 PM, kimik said:

:whatthe:  Greggy has to slum it like the rest of us this year.

I am waiting another week to see if any Expo hotels are closer to the Calgary downtown river. Need to read the fine print on cancellations, refund or penalty in case Covid Delta variant runs rampant in Calgary and/or Edmonton by Labor Day weekend. Hope Sept, 2021 Expo does not get postponed again and merged with post-Covid Calgary Expo April, 2022.

On 8/2/2021 at 2:49 PM, aardvark88 said:

I am waiting another week to see if any Expo hotels are closer to the Calgary downtown river. Need to read the fine print on cancellations, refund or penalty in case Covid Delta variant runs rampant in Calgary and/or Edmonton by Labor Day weekend. Hope Sept, 2021 Expo does not get postponed again and merged with post-Covid Calgary Expo April, 2022.

We will see how the numbers go after the midway last week, but so far Edmonton is doing well with case counts. Calgary has seen a surge post Stompede, but hopefully that peaks and subsides before the Expo. I think that holding them in September and start of October should be okay. Last fall it was after Thanksgiving where we saw the spike in cases start if I recall correctly.