• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Boston - *Rescheduled Dates* September 3-5, 2021
1 1

35 posts in this topic

COMIC GUEST SEATING

STEVE AHOLA    P59
BRIAN AZZARELLO     P35
JASON BADOWER    P45
NATE BELLEGARDE    P16
PAT BRODERICK    P50
CHRIS CAMPANA    P17
AMY CHU    P29
JEREMY CLARK    P13
JAIME COKER    P55
MICHELLE DELECKI    P30
ARIEL DIAZ    P36
AMANDA DUFRESNE    P18
CHRIS EHNOT    P09
JAY FOSGITT     P19
KAMI GARCIA    P43
CHAD HARDIN    P60
TONY HARRIS     P48
MATT HAWKINS    P14
JOHN HEBERT    P58
KYLE HIGGINS    P37
KNIGHTMARE LYNCH    P03
TONY KORDOS    P10
JAE LEE    P46
ERIN LEFLER    P31
LEO LEIBELMAN    P01
HOWARD MACKIE    P28
RICHARD MAURIZIO    P08
CARA MCGEE     P20
BILL MCKAY    P04
JARRETT MELENDEZ    P21
DAN MENDOZA    P02
GEORGE MICHAIL    P05
RAGS MORALES    P53
MOSTOFA MOUSSA    P57
JEROME OPENA    P33
STEVE ORLANDO     P38
YANICK PAQUETTE    P23
DAN PARENT     P15
STEPHANIE PHILLIPS     P32
KASEY PIERCE    P22
TONE RODRIGUEZ    P06
CRAIG ROUSSEAU     P24
JOE SCHMALKE    P25
JIM SHOOTER     P51
MARK SPARACIO    P39
NICK SPENCER     P40
STEPHEN STERN    P07
LARRY STROMAN    P13
FRANK TIERI    P41
PETER TOMASI     P42
KEITH WILLIAMS    P12
RICH WOODALL    P26
JK WOODWARD    P27

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On 8/19/2021 at 1:02 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

https://fanexpoboston.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405532817811-Do-I-have-to-wear-a-mask-

Just a heads up - masks are mandatory at the event now, based on recent developments.

I would expect this to be the norm for most cons in the near future at least.

Thanks as always for the updates Kevin, you are appreciated!

Two special comic packages have been announced.

Fan Expo Boston is proud to host legendary writer and editor Jim Shooter for this special VIP event. As part of this exclusive package, Jim will be hosting a story-telling workshop followed by a special intimate Q & A. Have you ever wondered what it was like in the room when Valiant was formed? How it felt to come up with the race between Superman and The Flash? What was the Beyonder really like? Here is your chance to ask questions, to hear about the fast-paced world of comics that he has been working in since age 14 AND head home with an exclusive signed print.

Don’t miss this opportunity to meet a true comics legend. This package is extremely limited so don’t miss your chance!

Basic package $35 - includes a print, 2 autographs and a seat at a special two hour event on Saturday that includes a talk on writing for comics, followed by a special Q and A

Sketch package $235 - same as basic but includes an original sketch by Jim Shooter!

AN EVENING WITH JIM SHOOTER | FAN EXPO Boston (fanexpohq.com)

239208243_10165557493485176_6936134295235373982_n.jpg

The other comic package is known as THE WRITER'S RETREAT and is produced in conjunction with Comic Sketch Art.

Fan Expo Boston is excited to play host to a star-studded panel of top writers for an exclusive signing experience, Q&A and much more. Featuring Kami Garcia (Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity), Nick Spencer (Amazing Spider-Man), Brian Azzarello (Suicide Squad: Get Joker), Kyle Higgins (Radiant Black, Ordinary Gods), Steve Orlando (Commanders in Crisis) and Peter Tomasi (Detective Comics). Frank Tieri is looking to join as the yet to be announced seventh participant. Batman Damned does not qualify as an item that can be autographed with this package - additional fees apply.

$100 for 3 autographs each (no additional autograph fees if you want to grade the books - just grading fees), and a BOUND --script from each of the writers participating along with a special Q and A with the writers.

$120 for the upgrade package includes everything you get in the basic package except the autograph numbers are 5 per writer, and you get a unique foil cover ORDINARY GODS #1 

THE WRITERS RETREAT | FAN EXPO Boston (fanexpohq.com)

THE-WRITER-S-RETREAT-IN-FB-copy-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--cd06052b3f5088def90640e1eb0db426.jpg

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Not much for comics, this is a pop culture show, if you sold, fudge, food, POPs, costumes, booty shorts or massagers, then you did well. For what they were charging for tables, the comic dealers I spoke to would only come back if the booth was free and even then they'd have to think about it.  

On 9/5/2021 at 10:23 PM, Kevin76 said:

Not much for comics, this is a pop culture show, if you sold, fudge, food, POPs, costumes, booty shorts or massagers, then you did well. For what they were charging for tables, the comic dealers I spoke to would only come back if the booth was free and even then they'd have to think about it.  

Dang lol

On 9/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, Kevin76 said:

What show were you at? 

James Payette was there with some books from a new golden age collection

Plus some amazing $1 boxes  I saw dealers walking away with HUGE piles  

Gregg white had a plethora of Unslabbed gold and silver

+ Moving Pictures comics Gold and silver 

+ I had thousands of Gold and silver comic See photos below 

+ Absolute  comics had tons of Keys 

+ Patrick Sullivan had an Endcap with Some Amazing comics and art, 

There were  LOTS of comic Dealers  in the room 

One Dealer (forgot the Name ) had three booths and a wall with Hundreds of Slabs 

My friend bought 500 comics from a dealer who had $2 variants and brought 50+ boxes

NOT MUCH FOR  COMICS???? IMG_0595.thumb.JPG.a84e4f8c2765d67e0254fe3076e9a42e.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

On 9/7/2021 at 5:11 AM, Golden Memories said:
On 9/5/2021 at 10:23 PM, Kevin76 said:

What show were you at? 

One Dealer (forgot the Name ) had three booths and a wall with Hundreds of Slabs 

My friend bought 500 comics from a dealer who had $2 variants and brought 50+ boxes

NOT MUCH FOR  COMICS???? IMG_0595.thumb.JPG.a84e4f8c2765d67e0254fe3076e9a42e.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

I think he means the dealers complained because not enough sold.....

Not that "comics weren't there", but that dealers, the very ones you are saying brought the goods, are saying themselves that the won't be back even for free due to how dismal the sales were :tink: 

On 9/7/2021 at 10:05 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not that "comics weren't there", but that dealers, the very ones you are saying brought the goods, are saying themselves that the won't be back even for free due to how dismal the sales were :tink: 

which I would hope is not the case, 

that's why I was aghast at the comment :( 

cause that is no es bueno :tonofbricks: 

On 9/7/2021 at 6:11 AM, Golden Memories said:

What show were you at? 

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

Most of the dealers you mentioned were already at the New Hampshire and Terrific Con show and haven't changed inventory since then, Greg White I don't deal with. Alex's prices are high and I don't bother with $2 comics.  I did get a few nice finds from Motion & Pictures. 

On 9/7/2021 at 11:05 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Exactly,  Dealers weren't hitting their sales goal and the booths are expensive