• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas, September 17-19, 2021
1 1

151 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2021 at 4:47 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

So the show is definitely happening. Comic guest announcements for Dallas will be rolling out this month.

I don’t think CGC is doing any shows this year, but I could be wrong. 

I'll be there but sounds like CGC will not be there to take submissions. 

On 8/16/2021 at 10:20 AM, musicmeta said:

I'll be there but sounds like CGC will not be there to take submissions. 

I'll be there too :hi: are you going all weekend?

along with @Crops068

I was going to do a con thread if anyone is interested :shy: thought I might wait until Saturday to do it haha

On 8/16/2021 at 10:42 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll be there too :hi: are you going all weekend?

along with @Crops068

I was going to do a con thread if anyone is interested :shy: thought I might wait until Saturday to do it haha

:hi:  Unless this Covid Delta variant puts a stop to all this, I do plan on going at least Friday and Saturday…Sunday is up in the air.  I do have a 3-day pass.  

On 8/16/2021 at 10:46 AM, musicmeta said:

:hi:  Unless this Covid Delta variant puts a stop to all this, I do plan on going at least Friday and Saturday…Sunday is up in the air.  I do have a 3-day pass.  

lol yeeep

I figure if the artists and celebs want to do it and don't cancel, that I'll honor my ticket pass and attend :wishluck: 

I've got 1 photo-op purchase and I'm looking for one or two LCS to show, so It should still be well rounded event.

As long as afterward it's not spoiled by unfortunate people getting ill :whatthe: 

Still :wishluck: 

On 8/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol yeeep

I figure if the artists and celebs want to do it and don't cancel, that I'll honor my ticket pass and attend :wishluck: 

I've got 1 photo-op purchase and I'm looking for one or two LCS to show, so It should still be well rounded event.

As long as afterward it's not spoiled by unfortunate people getting ill :whatthe: 

Still :wishluck: 

Yes,  If the celebs/artists show up and several folks selling comic books,  I'll be there.  Just don't want anybody getting sick or worse from Covid.  
I don't have a photo-op yet but I might get one.   

On 8/16/2021 at 10:55 AM, musicmeta said:

Yes,  If the celebs/artists show up and several folks selling comic books,  I'll be there.  Just don't want anybody getting sick or worse from Covid.  

I will be there on Saturday, I generally only go for 1 day as I drive up and back from Austin.  This year I will be able to drive up the night before and crash at the 2b in laws.  Will make this a much nicer trip for sure.

I have not decided on a photo op, but the Tynion VIP is definitely something that is interesting to me.

The VIP event shows that CGC witnessing is available, I am guessing it is a facilitator.  But that does give me hope for the rest of the con.

Comicpalooza in Houston had witnessing available through various comics dealers, so I would imagine this will hold true also.

I may have missed it, but do we have any ideas yet of which comic dealers are rolling in? I’m hoping to see a bit of golden age

:foryou:

i saw over on the Megacon thread the following dealers showed up: 

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

High Grade Comics

Daves Comics out of Georgia

Harley Yee

id love to see that here in dallas. Prices were reportedly high at Megacon,  reflecting the general bubble insanity we have seen, but lots of activity and the dealers were all glad they’d made the trip.

im sorry cgc won’t be making the trip. I’ve got some things to send in, but I’m a “white knuckler” when I think of all the ways it can go wrong with the mail

im going to wear a name tag with my boardie name and I hope to run into some of youse guys. If you see the name tag, please say hello

6A7DE7F5-9E31-4959-9CFB-7D806A77D90D.jpeg

hey @Cat-Man_America, what do you say?

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 8/17/2021 at 4:56 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I may have missed it, but do we have any ideas yet of which comic dealers are rolling in? I’m hoping to see a bit of golden age

:foryou:

i saw over on the Megacon thread the following dealers showed up: 

Dale Roberts

Graham Cracker Comics

High Grade Comics

Daves Comics out of Georgia

Harley Yee

id love to see that here in dallas. Prices were reportedly high at Megacon,  reflecting the general bubble insanity we have seen, but lots of activity and the dealers were all glad they’d made the trip.

im sorry cgc won’t be making the trip. I’ve got some things to send in, but I’m a “white knuckler” when I think of all the ways it can go wrong with the mail

im going to wear a name tag with my boardie name and I hope to run into some of youse guys. If you see the name tag, please say hello

6A7DE7F5-9E31-4959-9CFB-7D806A77D90D.jpeg

hey @Cat-Man_America, what do you say?

The irony is that I'll be at a competing event (time-wise, not functionally) being held at the DFW Airport Sheraton the same weekend.  I'm a guest speaker at FenCon, it's an SF focused convention ...I'm sure that the dealer's room will be a lot less interesting to comics fans, including me... but I may come across some rare pulps if the right dealer(s) show up.  I'm doing a panel on comics and will be on another on pulps, and may be their auctioneer.  

Here's their Facebook page link, in case any one confuses the the two: https://www.facebook.com/fencon

:tink:

On 8/16/2021 at 8:55 AM, musicmeta said:

Get yer shots, mask up and bring hand sanitizer and you should be OK.

I do know two people who got sick after the Torpedo show last month in LA. Lots of cooties still going around.

Sad, this is what it has come to...

maxresdefault.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 12:26 PM, Robot Man said:

I do know two people who got sick after the Torpedo show last month in LA. Lots of cooties still going around.

maxresdefault.jpg

:tink:amen! :) Be Careful 

On 8/17/2021 at 12:26 PM, Robot Man said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes. I’m fully vaccinated and have been for a few months so that should help. I’m sure masks will be required or I would think so and to practice social distancing as well. I wish CGC would be there but certainly understand why. 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, thesink said:

Ill be there. I just confirmed with  @Dork Buzz that they will be at fan-expo.

Less than 4 weeks away, long time to not spend too much $$ hm:roflmao: 

I'll make it somehow! :tonofbricks: 

so looking forward to this show!

On 8/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, TheCollector2016 said:

Ok, that plexiglass is laughably silly. This wasn't the case at Comicpalooza in Houston in July.

Kevin, I didn't see Wayne Knight's autograph price on the website?

Ikr 😂 but I thought it was a prop from one pic then I saw the plexiglass in a second pic hahah, I'm like they must have a corn maze with a plexiglass ceiling. At least it's not sound proof so you can talk to the celeb I'm sure but it did make me chuckle.

Better to have the con and the photos than to not I guess. :)