• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas, September 17-19, 2021
1 1

151 posts in this topic

lol believe it or not I did try to find out elsewhere but

@Kevin Boyd

Do 3 day passes still get in a 2pm on the Friday of Dallas Fan Expo?

The countdown meter on the website doesn't indicate, nor is it on the ticket pass..... So I'm assuming it's a no but :wishluck: 

I just wanted to comment on how the website advises ticket pricing BEFORE getting to actual the purchase ticket screen:

"Single Day

Advance ticket price

From $25

Full price

From $30"

While technically accurate, "from" is misleading because that's the Friday pricing. A bit different when you click-through and see Saturday is $50 and Sunday is $40.
Please do better than misleading people like this next year, because it looks like a single day is $25 or $30, not just Friday. I'd love to know the bounce rate of that page.

Just to get a list started, below are who have cancelled their appearances as of noon (central) today (9/1).

Comics

1. David Finch
  2. Jason Fabok
  3. Meredith Finch
  4. Michael Golden
  5. Francisco Herrera
  6. Sam Maggs
  7. Benjamin Percy

Voice Actors

1. Paul Nakauchi
  2. Steve Downes

Celebs

1. Dave Bautista (not that you could see him anyways, he stands too still)
  2. Brian Baumgartner
  3. Brent Spiner
  4. Gates McFadden
  5. Billie Piper
  6. Anthony Michael Hall
  7. All four Hobbits, which I think they were the 1st announced.
    1. Elijah Wood
    2. Billy Boyd
    3. Dominic Monaghan
    4. Sean Astin

On 9/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, mysterio said:

:eek:

I was wondering if y'all would be there?

It still should be a good show for comics and mythbusters!  :sumo:

So far, 2 weeks is awful short notice to all if a sudden be cancelling but cest le vie

Still like 22 celebs

The 10 cosplayers

I think still over 30 comic people!

Surely, this would have been the deadline to cancel without penalty for anyone of star status attending, I can only assume that's why so many were made today but idk.

:tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So far, 2 weeks is awful short notice to all if a sudden be cancelling but cest le vie

I've seen many conventions where guests have canceled days before the convention. I was just supposed to attend a con in Colorado last weekend, but the guest I would have been attending for canceled 2 days before. Luckily, I was able to get the flight/hotel refunded, but had to eat the con ticket cost.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:41 AM, TheCollector2016 said:

I've seen many conventions where guests have canceled days before the convention. I was just supposed to attend a con in Colorado last weekend, but the guest I would have been attending for canceled 2 days before. Luckily, I was able to get the flight/hotel refunded, but had to eat the con ticket cost.

Ya, there is still will be quite a few celebs/artists attending, and all the LCS I know that will be there, it might cut down over all attendance. If a lot of peoples favorite cancel, it may mean less traffic, and perhaps even a safer "experience" idk though

Sorry you had to miss your con! :foryou: Hopefully the money you would have spent still went to some fun for you. I'm not counting my chickens, but worst case, if I have to stay home then the money saved sure would come in handy thank God.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yep, we are still planning to be there! :wishluck: the next couple of weeks are uneventful. We have a local show this weekend that we are wondering about, and another in Amarillo the weekend after FE that we are growing skeptical will happen. The governor is not likely to issue a blanket order about anything, so conventions may have less ability to cancel than they did last year. If they're on the hook for the convention center and cannot get out of it without losing their money I think they have no choice but to have the best show they can.

Edited by mysterio

On 9/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, mysterio said:

Yep, we are still planning to be there! :wishluck: the next couple of weeks are uneventful. We have a local show this weekend that we are wondering about, and another in Amarillo the weekend after FE that we are growing skeptical will happen. On the one hand the governor is not likely to issue a blanket order about anything, so conventions may have less ability to cancel than they did last year. If they're on the hook for the convention center and cannot get out of it without losing their money I think they have no choice but to have the best show they can.

True and your store and others will be there, so it'll be good for comics. I do want everyone to stay safe firstly, and then secondly enjoy it if they go.  Zachery Levi joined last minute, so it's not all cancellations...

Welcome to my life, booking guests, announcing guests, guests cancel. we let people know guests have cancelled.

In these uncertain times, guests are wary of issues related to spread. The media is certainly raising anxieties, even when we introduce cautionary measures such as mandatory masks at the events.

By the way Fan Expo Dallas will require mandatory masks.

Cancelled today - Greg Capullo.

Edited by Kevin Boyd