• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 3 directed by Patty Jenkins (TBD)
5 5

182 posts in this topic

Theories On What Will Happen Next To Wonder Woman

So Cheetah is no more, Maxwell Lord was beaten down, and Steve Trevor is dead. Again. Where does the popular DC hero go following Wonder Woman 1984? It’s been confirmed that Wonder Woman 3 will indeed make a return, though it’s not clear whether this is the final film or not. Plus, the story of the upcoming sequel hasn’t been confirmed as of yet. Where does Diana go from here? Here are several theories on where the next installment of Wonder Woman will go.

Rise of the Olympians
Created by Gail Simon, Aaron Lopresti, and Matt Ryan, this comic focuses on the new group of warriors for peace on Earth, but this time, they’re men. Naturally, a male version of Wonder Woman is created, known as Achilles. Also, Wonder Woman has to deal with a new villain, Genocide, who was created by Dr. Minerva and Dr. T.O., which could be in response to Wonder Woman beating Ares in the first film. Usually, the third entry of a comic book film has some type of callback from the first movie. Spider-Man 3 ties up loose ends of the Goblin story by finally paying off the Goblin Jr./Spider-Man rivalry. The Dark Knight Rises has a twist that sees Miranda Tate trying to avenge her father, now not every superhero film goes that route, but it would make the world feel more connected and personal. Wonder Woman has always documented the Amazons in each of the features in some shape or form, so there’s likely going to be more of a focus on that world that brings the franchise full circle. If written properly, this would be a neat storyline that adds more depth to the Amazon aspects of this franchise and Genocide is a deeply personal villain that could really bring out the best of Wonder Woman as a character.

You know - since the sequel has already been announced.

:shiftyeyes:

When I finally decided to bring up her beloved Wonder Woman performances during our phone conversation, Gadot surprised me by letting me know that her “best friend from LA” is visiting her in London and is actually sitting right next to her, which turned out to be none other than Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984 writer/director Patty Jenkins.

When I said hello to Jenkins and congratulated her on being an unstoppable force with Gadot for what is soon to become a Wonder Woman trilogy of films, Jenkins responded by saying, “Thank you! So happy to hear that. I appreciate that. We can’t wait to get the next movie out, too.” Gadot quickly followed up from Jenkins’ remarks by saying in an excited tone, “We’re talking! We’re actually in the mix of working on the -script and getting the third one made, so it’s all wheels are working and turning and I’m super, super excited for the fans to come and watch Wonder Woman 3 once it’s made.”

On 11/7/2021 at 11:51 PM, ▫️ said:

This should be a good sequel to Wonder Woman. I’m surprised it took them this long to make a part two. 

Was coming here to post that I hoped they learned something from the debacle that was part two, but I actually like this way of thinking more....

I have no idea what happened with WW2.  Seems like they had everything going for them and then completely punted the ball.  Just goes to show that all the money and all the talent is still no guarantee that they won't completely f- something up.  Somehow.  

On 4/19/2022 at 10:18 AM, Axelrod said:

Was coming here to post that I hoped they learned something from the debacle that was part two, but I actually like this way of thinking more....

I have no idea what happened with WW2.  Seems like they had everything going for them and then completely punted the ball.  Just goes to show that all the money and all the talent is still no guarantee that they won't completely f- something up.  Somehow.  

The fact that they decided to do a second prequel was Nail 1 in the coffin, IMO.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, Axelrod said:

Yup, I was excited for the sequel and it obviously was a train wreck. 

On 4/19/2022 at 9:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

You tricked me on WW2, I will not make the same mistake on WW3.  I will not be seeing WW3 for at least a couple weeks after opening to see/read the reviews.  God, WW2 was a big old dump.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:46 PM, media_junkie said:

You tricked me on WW2, I will not make the same mistake on WW3.  I will not be seeing WW3 for at least a couple weeks after opening to see/read the reviews.  God, WW2 was a big old dump.

You forgot to stomp your foot. Real loud, too!

stomp_foot.gif.2189464bd8c48d0b7aaff5e77019dbab.gif

On 4/20/2022 at 1:46 AM, media_junkie said:

Snyder and some guy named Heinberg wrote the story for Wonder Woman while Patty Jenkins wrote WW84. They should let Snyder write and direct WW3 but I believe Jenkins is confirmed to be handling those duties again.