• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 3 directed by Patty Jenkins (TBD)
5 5

182 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2022 at 11:49 PM, drotto said:

Seeing rumors that it's all gone.  Gadot was guaranteed 20 million for the next film and Jenkins was at 12 million.  Gunn is moving aggressively away from everything that has gone before in the DCU.  He wants to save money, and likely wants to start 100% fresh. There is a further rumor that Afflex's Batman has again been removed from cameos, and Cavill cameos are likewise being cut.  

Looks like a full recast and hard rest is coming. The characters will be used, just not the actors. 

Is a bad plan better than no plan at all? This sounds worse than prior management.

On 12/7/2022 at 8:49 PM, drotto said:

Seeing rumors that it's all gone.  Gadot was guaranteed 20 million for the next film and Jenkins was at 12 million.  Gunn is moving aggressively away from everything that has gone before in the DCU.  He wants to save money, and likely wants to start 100% fresh. There is a further rumor that Afflex's Batman has again been removed from cameos, and Cavill cameos are likewise being cut.  

Looks like a full recast and hard rest is coming. The characters will be used, just not the actors. 

Gal gadot was always a terrible, miscast actress, and on no planet is she worth 20 million dollars.  If these are the kinds of ludicrous contracts WB was handing out to no-name "talent", it's no wonder they bled red ink all over the place.  

-J.

On 12/8/2022 at 9:33 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Gal gadot was always a terrible, miscast actress, and on no planet is she worth 20 million dollars.  If these are the kinds of ludicrous contracts WB was handing out to no-name "talent", it's no wonder they bled red ink all over the place.  

-J.

?

I think Gal Gadot's as synonymous with Wonder Woman now as Chris Evans is with Captain America.

Also - $20 million isn't out-of-line for her for Wonder Woman 3, considering I like pie was paid for both Wonder Woman 1984 and Red Notice.

(Yes - I know the other two aren't direct comps because they don't have residuals) But the point remains the same.

She was not only paid $20 mill. for her last outing as Wonder Woman, but for her last major non-Wonder Woman role as well.

Edited by Gatsby77

On 12/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, Gatsby77 said:

?

I think Gal Gadot's as synonymous with Wonder Woman now as Chris Evans is with Captain America.

Also - $20 million isn't out-of-line for her for Wonder Woman 3, considering I like pie was paid for both Wonder Woman 1984 and Red Notice.

(Yes - I know the other two aren't direct comps because they don't have residuals) But the point remains the same.

She was not only paid $20 mill. for her last outing as Wonder Woman, but for her last major non-Wonder Woman role as well.

I agree, $20 million doesn't seem farfetched at all. I don't really care about her other performances, she plays Wonder Woman really well.

I imagine that part of the discussion happening now is whether they can/should keep the same actors in their new, re-booted DC universe, or if that just creates too much baggage, and is possibly too restrictive for the stories they want to tell in the future.  Because people would just assume it's the same continuity, and they probably don't want that.  

But probably not that the actors aren't good enough.  

On 12/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, eastriver400 said:

WWIII scrapped?  I believe it.   Who knows, maybe Jenkin's treatment for WW3 sucked (as bad as 1984).

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman scrapped? NO WAY. That is ludicrous. I don't believe it for a second.  Nor do I believe Cavill as Superman is scrapped. 

Multiple rumors have both Cavill and Gadot out.  Reports today are saying already filmed Cavill scenes will not be used, and MoS2 is at best in limbo.

You may not believe it, but it appears that Snyder's trinity is out. The issue with Gadot seem to be two fold, her close association with Jenkins and her $20 million price tag.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:25 PM, drotto said:

Multiple rumors have both Cavill and Gadot out.  Reports today are saying already filmed Cavill scenes will not be used, and MoS2 is at best in limbo.

You may not believe it, but it appears that Snyder's trinity is out. The issue with Gadot seem to be two fold, her close association with Jenkins and her $20 million price tag.

Given that Gadot and Cavill were two of the best castings for the DCEU, it's an absolute waste that fans were given such limited films.  Cavill's Superman in particular.  The dude embodied Clark the same way Chris Evans was Captain America.  He owned that role and it'll be difficult for anyone to follow up.

As a Marvel fan, I'm more than happy to cast Cavill as Wonder Man or Brian Braddock or something else equally befitting.  The guy deserves it.

Edited by ExNihilo

Well if the rumors turn out to be true and Cavill is out, I for one will be sorry.  I loved what Cavill brought to the "Snyderverse".  While I think Gadot does a good job as Wonder Woman I don't mind one way or another if she is recast.

But I get it, if Gunn & Co, want to do a "clean start" that would be hard with the principal actors from the "Snyderverse".  

Also a little awkward they've got the Flash movie, and the Aquaman movie and the second Shazam movie already committed for the next year.  Hard to "re-boot" anything until all that happens.  I wonder why they'd bother to cut out a Cavil "cameo" in Flash, for example if they're just going to dump everything anyway.  Like, what, they're afraid people will see the cameo and get hyped and then get let down when nothing else happens.

If they were going to get hyped by the cameo, then, that's kind of a sign they shouldn't dump the actor, I would think....

On 12/8/2022 at 7:50 AM, Gatsby77 said:

?

She's too scrawny and she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.  Other than being a tall brunette she was (mis)cast in the role with absolutely no qualifications.   

-J.

Warner Bros. and DC Studios reportedly still want to make Wonder Woman 3 with Gal Gadot as the star, even if director Patty Jenkins does not return. The Wonder Woman movie franchise began as the crown jewel of the DC Universe, as the first movie released in 2017 earned critical acclaim and surpassed box office expectations. The success of its sequel is more difficult to determine due to its pandemic release, but Warner Bros.' announcement that Wonder Woman 3 was in development shortly after its release teased its success. Two years later, though, DC Studios' change in leadership brought fear about its status.

Reports began to circulate yesterday that Wonder Woman 3 was canceled by Warner Bros. and DC as the movie did not fit the unfolding vision that James Gunn and Peter Safran have for the cinematic universe's future. Now, a report from Deadline provides a status update on the film, which includes stating that there is still interest in making another Wonder Woman movie at DC. The report corroborates recent news that Patty Jenkins declined reworking her Wonder Woman 3 -script to fit the new DCU vision. While the initial report indicated the movie was no longer happening then, this update shares that the studio still wants to make Wonder Woman 3 and hopes Gal Gadot will agree to return even without Jenkins sticking around.

It would be incredibly difficult - if not impossible - for me to get invested in an all-new DCU. You're talking to a guy that spent years campaigning for the Snyder Cut because of how much I enjoyed the rest of the DCU. They never reached the ultimate climax that would have me satisfied with the current DCU ending. Like, at least if the MCU reboots, I saw Infinity War and Endgame. I'm satisfied with where most of the Marvel characters ended up.

If things went ahead as-planned in 2015, the 'Snyderverse' would already be over and we would have already started the soft-reboot that would have occurred after Flashpoint.

On 12/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, drotto said:

There shouldn't be anything filmed as his schedule was already booked for two years out, and they barely had time to do the Black Adam cameo.