2021 "THIS SCORE NEEDS FIXIN" REQUESTS
4 4

99 posts in this topic

lol I didn't realize we were supposed to do the "grade" that needs a bump

Really TMNT adventures #1 needs a bump in all grades :) 

Hello @ADAMANTIUM,

We just need the specific book and recent sales to make updates. Please note that our system works off an algorithm so updating one score will update all scores. In some cases, we are not able to increase a score as it will throw the score algorithm out of whack. 

Hi Matt

Thanks for the work you've done in the last few days dealing with requests to review scores on Silver and Bronze Age books. The market for Silver and Bronze keys is going a little crazy at the moment so the adjustments you've made help bring the Registry in line with these rapid changes.

On a more routine note I've spotted an anomaly where Marvel Super-Heroes #16 is scored differently in two sets - Fantasy Masterpieces and Marvel Super-Heroes #1-#31 and Marvel Super-Heroes respectively.

I know I'm being a little OCD but would you be able to take a look at this when you get chance and harmonise the scoring algorithm for this book in the two respective sets?

Many thanks.

Jon

The scores are the same in both sets. When a score is updated for a book it updates that score in all sets that book is in.

Matt, I request for a point increase for Journey Into Mystery 83. I’ve seen the price of Journey Into Mystery 83 rise dramatically recently. 

Thank you for your time 

Score updated 6/2/21.

Hi!  I would like to request a point bump for the variant edition of Edge of Spider-Verse #2.  The current 9.8 score is 72.  As you can see in the GPA screen shots below, the value of the book jumped into the $5000 - $6000 range starting in September of last year and has maintained that high through May of this year.  Thank you for your time.

Score updated 6/2/21.

EOSV 2 Variant Edition Sales 1.jpg

EOSV 2 Variant Edition Sales 2.jpg

EOSV 2 Variant Edition Sales 3.jpg

Hello,

Please update scores for Transformers #1 (1984).

GPA for 9.8 copies is 3k (7 sales in last 90 days)

GPA for 9.6 copies is $600 (27 sales in last 90 days)

Thanks for your time.

Score updated 6/11/21.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=avengers+4+cgc+2.5&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Avengers #4 cgc 2.5 sells for $1500+

currently 168 points in the registry, but may need a slight bump :) 

Scores updated 6/14/21.

On 5/29/2021 at 11:17 PM, ramrod44 said:

Hello,

Please update scores for Transformers #1 (1984).

GPA for 9.8 copies is 3k (7 sales in last 90 days)

GPA for 9.6 copies is $600 (27 sales in last 90 days)

Thanks for your time.

Score updated 6/11/21.

Hello,

The scores for the regular issues were updated. However, the Canadian Price Variant scores are unchanged.

Was this an oversight?

Please advise.

Thank you for your time.

Scores updated for all variants of issue #1 6/14/21.

Hello, i am writing in regards to my registry set total score : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures set id 105017. i just noticed that you changed the score for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #1 1988. The problem I have is that you forgot to change my score for the rarer price variant of #1 in a 9.8. (maybe should get higher points than regular edition?) my verification # is 0252661006. ......I was also thinking that if you were changing the scores for certain rare issues of this set than the last issue #72 (#3753582007) should also increase. just a thought. I thank you for your time. 

CGC #CS068855
Scores updated 6/14/21.

• Administrator

Hi Everyone,

The CGC registry award freeze will begin today, June 14th at 5:00pm EST. Please note the CGC registry requests will be "frozen" until the winners are announced on July 23rd. Competitive sets are automatically eligible for registry awards.

Please visit the link below for more details and best of luck with your sets!

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8901/2021-CGC-registry-awards/

On 6/14/2021 at 2:41 PM, Matt G said:

Hi Everyone,

The CGC registry award freeze will begin today, June 14th at 5:00pm EST. Please note the CGC registry requests will be "frozen" until the winners are announced on July 23rd. Competitive sets are automatically eligible for registry awards.

Please visit the link below for more details and best of luck with your sets!

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8901/2021-CGC-registry-awards/

Matt: Please correct the score for Weirdo #28, the last issue in this anthology. Currently, all grades for this issue are given a "1" -- I would suggest something not unlike you have done within this set for all other issues -- 20 points for a 9.6; 32 points for a 9.8.

Cheers,

L.

Score updated 6/29/21.

Hello, a few weeks ago, all #27s from the Bone (Cartoon Books) sets were mysteriously taken out from accounts who had them as part of their sets. Ultimately, this wasn’t a problem since they could easily be reinserted using the “available comics” tab on the Edit Comics page.

Today, however, I saw that everyone’s #22 was taken out of their sets but they DON’T show up in the “available comics” tab for the #22 slot. I can still see my #22 in the comics manager portal in my control panel so the info hasn’t been erased. It’s just that it can’t be reinserted. If you can fix this, that would be great.

Oh, and the scores seriously need to be updated across the board. They’ve never increased since the set was first created in 2007. Thanks!

I think that :wishluck: 

Star Wars: Clone Wars #1

Needs a serious adjustment :wishluck: 

it sells for thousands and is only like 40 points in 9.8 in the registry :) 

Hope everyone had a enjoyable July 4th weekend and to those who can, enjoy the Monday off :tink: 

Score Updated 08/03/21

• Administrator

Hello All!

My name is Brian, and I am the new Marketing Coordinator at CGC. I will be taking over some of Matt's responsibilities, including score fix requests.

I am a Michigan transplant, made the move down to Florida in March 2021.  I have 25 years experience in IT administration and support, and I started working for CGC in June.  

Please bear with me as I get accustomed to my new role, I will do my very best to get your requests filled as soon as possible.

In the meantime, thanks for having me, and happy collecting!

-wytshus

I thought that I would also mention national lampoon #34, right now the numbers a 00 points across the board for this issue, there are plenty in the census, but no points whatsoever I'm registry 

The classic dog cover

Hopefully GPA or something covers magazines cause raws steadily sell for this book in mid grade at $200

Mentioning it would be nice for an update on Nintendo powers, not a lot of sales but they're also 00 points across the board

When I say 00 points there are no points available to look at lol

Score Updated 08/03/21

Screenshot_20210722-185729_eBay.jpg