• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2021
6 6

385 posts in this topic

Last year I tended to focus on Marvel books, especially Bronze Age and moderns. 

A couple of long stories I still want to read, but I think I’ll transition over to DCs fairly soon this year for some variety.

1 hour ago, Savoyard23 said:

I'm in.  I'm doing a Legion of Super Heroes read, can confirm I've read #13 (1984 Baxter series) in 2021 so far.

I'm a big fan of the Levitz / Giffen Legion (which I'm a bit past now).  284-305 is probably a top 10 all-time run for me.

I will probably stop before 5YL.  I do have that whole run, but I don't know if I want bleak right now.  I might change my mind when I get there.

So I'm at 1.

I like reading extended runs as well.  Last year was the Avengers / New Avengers / Secret Wars saga.

Took me forever to post about it all in the thread.  lol

Legion is one of my favourites as well.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Descender #1, 2

Like you, sci-fi for me is hit or completely miss so I start a lot of SF series and stick with few. I read Descender to the end. It's well paced, has good emotions and the artwork kept me hooked in. I hope you like it as much as I did. (thumbsu

Edited by Scrooge

How are people tracking their reads?  With my venture into Collected Editions and my digital reading on Hoopla/Marvel Unlimited.  This sounds doable.  We'll see if that's still the case once I head back to work tomorrow.

Reads so far:

Deadly Class 17 - 44 (27 issues)

Black Magick 1 - 11 (11 issues)

Money Shot 1 - 5 (5 issues)

15 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

I am still reading this. Story is okay ... slow burn not helped by the publishing schedule ... but the art by Nicola Scott is such a treat I'll continue until they stop.

The art is fantastic.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:34 AM, Raze said:

I had so much fun last year doing this and seeing what others were reading! @AlexH @comicquant @DavidTheDavid @Norinn Radd @Ken Aldred @Talapas1 @Kramerica @Angel of Death @s-man @Scrooge @ttfitz @srezvan @paperheart @kccoig14 I hope I got most of us that were in it last year. Sorry if I missed anyone from last year. I hope we have as much fun this year!

I read 493 last year. Just short of my personal goal of wanting to get to at least 500. I have a good 100 + books between 3 different series that should start me off in a good direction.

Lets read...

I read somewhere around 200. Stopped posting about it after I knew that I wouldn't come close to the goal. lol

Things will be different this year!

I recently subscribed to Marvel Unlimited so will participate in the hopes of getting my money's worth! So far, I find myself mainly re-reading comics I own but have slabbed. But I think I might start a series like Marvel Two-in-One and try to read it right through. Do you guys post comics as you read them? Or just summarize your progress through the year?