• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darwyn Cooke Collecting Thread
2 2

49 posts in this topic

Watched the first video, I'll check out the second one in a few. You have a book I do not, which is that Creator Owned Heroes #7 blue cover. That is a really tough book to find. Lemme know if you ever want to move it or if you know of another copy available. Being a Darwyn complete-ist is pretty tough. I've been working on a checklist of sorts for Darwyn's published comics work. Let me know if you want to see it. I haven't added COH yet nor the Omnibus covers he did. It also has any print run data I could find, ratio info, etc. It's a work in progress, but might be helpful if you want to try to get all of his stuff. PM me and I'll get it to you.

Edited by Bill Robinson

4 hours ago, john72tex said:

No, Bill I haven't seen one in person, just occasionally online. I'm not sure if I will ever try to complete everything he's done, but there are probably a few books here and there I'll get.

The OA in the second video is just amazing. That Spirit Cover, the Batman/Spirit pages, the NF stuff. Wowsers. Congratulations, that is quite a collection you have. What are the other artists you have OA of? Any more Sale?

5 hours ago, john72tex said:

No, Bill I haven't seen one in person, just occasionally online. I'm not sure if I will ever try to complete everything he's done, but there are probably a few books here and there I'll get.

That Starfire and the Jonah Hex and the COH 7 are three of the tougher ones to track down. The Grimoire cover he did - issue 3 or 4, I was told by the former owner of Speakeasy Comics that they only made 100 of those. I've held one in my hands, so they DO exist . . . really tough to get though.

Edited by Bill Robinson

46 minutes ago, Bill Robinson said:

Wow! That is a nice copy and those sigs are beautifully placed. Congrats on a lovely book!

Thanks! I just recently sold it :(

Won't lie, kind of regretting it a bit, but I truly loved this book. I had it for years and hope it went to a good home

On 1/24/2021 at 9:02 AM, Bill Robinson said:

Here's another great image; 3500 ish print run on this one. Just a fantastic piece.

Season of the Witch.jpeg

Acquired my second NM- or better copy of this form my LCS. They found it, thought of me and sold it to me for cover. Winning!

On 2/15/2021 at 9:28 AM, Bill Robinson said:

Ghost of a book, the former CEO of Speakeasy comics told me there are only 100 copies of this. Can anyone look in the census to verify this image, please?

Grimoire4CGC96.jpg

I looked for myself. It's there. So, this exists. I've held one, not this one, in my hands. Someday.

Took a little while.  I have a full run including "variants/LE" of the Parker hardcovers. Of course, that means the regular and the limited editions of the Parker Martini Edition

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

This one is a fun story as I pulled it out of a $.25 box with no board, at C2E2 years ago. 

Tut1-Retailer-fc10W.jpg

Got this still new and sealed from a Canuck friend o mine.  Have since cracked it and Darwyn put a sketch inside as shown. 

Retroactive.jpg

51EDDF15-545F-4DAB-B214-AC29782B6A7E_zpspxq7b6vc.jpg

Also acquired from my Canuck buddy. 

ComicFestival-nn-fc96W.jpg