• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Magazine Thread
5 5

89 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, mcribar said:

Question please.  I am new to CGC and couldn't find anywhere regarding pedigree magazines.

About 5 years ago I purchased "Creepy" issues 1-4 from Heritage Auctions.  They had them listed as White Mountain pedigrees but didn't include any type of tangible authentication.  I trust that they are what they say they are since I have had good experiences with Heritage.  I still have the original invoice that states they are White Mountain pedigree but that's it.  Am I able to submit these to CGC for pedigree certification with that invoice as proof?

Thank you in advance !!

Doesnt it say White Mountain on the blue thing on top?

18 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Thanks for that info. At least that seems like a pretty fair price...  :whistle:

Prices really vary these days on mags in general. A Vampi #5 CGC 9.0 sold for $75.00 6 months ago which I thought was a great deal. Mystified though when a CGC 9.8 falls short of $600.00 then 8 months later a CGC 9.6 sells for $1200.00. A friend bought his 9.6 last summer for just under $500.00?

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Prices really vary these days on mags in general. A Vampi #5 CGC 9.0 sold for $75.00 6 months ago which I thought was a great deal. Mystified though when a CGC 9.8 falls short of $600.00 then 8 months later a CGC 9.6 sells for $1200.00. A friend bought his 9.6 last summer for just under $500.00?

"prices vary widely on this book"

48 minutes ago, N e r V said:

As per GoCollect, most recent sales,

6.5 -- $175

7.5 -- $72

8.5 -- $115

So, this is true.

43 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

"prices vary widely on this book"

16 minutes ago, allthingskryptonite said:

As per GoCollect, most recent sales,

6.5 -- $175

7.5 -- $72

8.5 -- $115

So, this is true.

As a buyer my standing has always been to never regret over paying at times for quality because you’ll do fine in the long run.

For sellers though this must be stressful to never know if you are going to get burned by nearly giving something away or jumping for joy at getting someone willing to pay double or more of market values...

20 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Doesnt it say White Mountain on the blue thing on top?

These books are not certified.  I guess "raw" is the term that is used.  They are in beautiful condition.  #1 is the worst of the bunch.  I would give it an 8.5, possibly 9.0.  But 2,3 & 4 should certify at 9.4 or higher.

1 hour ago, mcribar said:

These books are not certified.  I guess "raw" is the term that is used.  They are in beautiful condition.  #1 is the worst of the bunch.  I would give it an 8.5, possibly 9.0.  But 2,3 & 4 should certify at 9.4 or higher.

If you're not planning on selling them, then I vote leave those mags alone.  If you are planning on selling, pm me before you certify.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:59 PM, mcribar said:

Question please.  I am new to CGC and couldn't find anywhere regarding pedigree magazines.

About 5 years ago I purchased "Creepy" issues 1-4 from Heritage Auctions.  They had them listed as White Mountain pedigrees but didn't include any type of tangible authentication.  I trust that they are what they say they are since I have had good experiences with Heritage.  I still have the original invoice that states they are White Mountain pedigree but that's it.  Am I able to submit these to CGC for pedigree certification with that invoice as proof?

Thank you in advance !!

White Mountain copies often have a date stamp at the top of the first page ... that would help with verification if that is the case with yours. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, mcribar said:

If you are interested in parting with  any of your mags , Please keep me in mind. Very interested.:wishluck:

On 11/3/2021 at 5:32 PM, OtherEric said:

Like all but one of my pedigree magazines, this is from the John G. Fantucchio collection via MCS.  In today and I couldn't be happier, even with the obvious slight flaws I swear it has the new book smell 55 years after the fact:

6604_Blazing_Combat_3.jpg

Hard to believe this mag is 55 years old now?!?!