• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Magazine Thread
5 5

89 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know Kevin Hewlett?  He is sharing and showing off an incredibly impressive magazine collection on FB. "pristine" and "un-read" copies of Creepy and Famous Monsters. Curious if he is / was a boardie.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, OtherEric said:

Today's Pedigree book, as is most common for me and pedigrees, it's from the John G. Fantucchio collection via MCS:

Eerie_021.jpg

Its actually a tough book to find without a ton of spine stress.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:18 PM, oakman29 said:

Its actually a tough book to find without a ton of spine stress.

It's got a couple small dings, MCS had it as a 7.0, I think?  I'm guessing it could probably pull an 8 or 9 with a press, depending on if they consider the marks near the price production flaws or stains.  I think they're production but not positive.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:23 PM, OtherEric said:

It's got a couple small dings, MCS had it as a 7.0, I think?  I'm guessing it could probably pull an 8 or 9 with a press, depending on if they consider the marks near the price production flaws or stains.  I think they're production but not positive.

I've found that MCS grades their books 1-2 grades lower . So I would probably bet that your book is an easy 8.0 if they say 7.0

On 6/18/2022 at 6:02 PM, oakman29 said:

I've found that MCS grades their books 1-2 grades lower . So I would probably bet that your book is an easy 8.0 if they say 7.0

I always assume the same thing.  MCS is is wonderful for getting better than advertised raws.