• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Copper Age Covers That Haven't Hit _________ Status, But Deserve Some More Recognition (And Are Not Keys or Semis For Reasons Other Than Their Cover)
3 3

168 posts in this topic

I was going through some boxes yesterday and found my run of What the-?! If I remember correctly, this was originally intended as a mini, but then continued it as an ongoing series. I remember the first few issues being funny (but I was just a teen then, so maybe my bar for humor was low), but then it becoming increasingly lame (maybe they only had enough good material for a mini).

IMG_9790.thumb.jpg.a1d73663d9d742af512d1c23d3e7c0dc.jpg

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I was going through some boxes yesterday and found my run of What the-?! If I remember correctly, this was originally intended as a mini, but then continued it as an ongoing series. I remember the first few issues being funny (but I was just a teen then, so maybe my bar for humor was low), but then it becoming increasingly lame (maybe they only had enough good material for a mini).

IMG_9790.thumb.jpg.a1d73663d9d742af512d1c23d3e7c0dc.jpg

This issue also has some McFarlane art depicting the first appearance of Bat-man, and a Vision & Scarlet Witch story that seems relevant now.

IMG_0097.thumb.jpg.60713927bd16501741b44b96bd4a2d70.jpgIMG_8488.thumb.jpg.630548fb8b2b4f353c94e9fb062f189a.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg