• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's 2021-2022 Signature Series pre-sale thread
9 9

116 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jasanity said:

Wanted to ask the thread here if Rich regularly cancels your order when you just ask him about a status update? Two months had passed since I paid for the Gleason SS and then he threw a fit and cancelled the transaction. Then when asking if he has some of his previous ones that didn’t sell out he responds like this in the thread. Also when asking for an invoice to be resent on the original transaction he just ignores it. I found it to be odd behavior so wanted to hear what others have experienced. Do you think he can be trusted if I just send him the $155 back or do you think he will act like he didn’t receive it and still not send the book?

Rich has been nothing but patient with me, and I ask a lot of dumb questions and for status updates.

7 hours ago, Jasanity said:

Wanted to ask the thread here if Rich regularly cancels your order when you just ask him about a status update? Two months had passed since I paid for the Gleason SS and then he threw a fit and cancelled the transaction. Then when asking if he has some of his previous ones that didn’t sell out he responds like this in the thread. Also when asking for an invoice to be resent on the original transaction he just ignores it. I found it to be odd behavior so wanted to hear what others have experienced. Do you think he can be trusted if I just send him the $155 back or do you think he will act like he didn’t receive it and still not send the book?

I asked him the same question about the Gleason signing and he was nothing but polite and thorough in his answer.

Rich has been doing business on these boards for a long time and I have purchased many books from him with no hitches whatsoever.

17 hours ago, Jasanity said:

I can't count the number of books Rich has gotten signed for me over the years. And he takes his time pressing them like they were his own before submitting them to CGC. I trust him completely.  :headbang:

On 6/19/2021 at 5:43 AM, Rich_Henn said:

This is exactly why I have zero tolerance for this type of behavior.  Jason doesn't live in a bubble.  He knows full well what the turn around times are like at CGC.  He's also not telling you that I went over in detail with him the turn around twice prior to losing my patience.  Specifically he's referring to a book signed by Pat Gleason on 4/14 (these are ALL mail away signings, BTW)  .

Books signed 4/14.   Books returned from witness roughly two weeks later.  If books require pressing, you can add another several weeks or months to that.  These went direct to CGC.  Books take about a week to get to CGC.  Then there's a 4 to 5 week period before they're opened after being received at CGC.  Now add another three to four months before they're graded.

This message on June 14 is what made me lose my temper.

"Hi Rich, wanted to check when this is getting mailed out? It's almost been 2 months now???"

I can read between the lines.  He's in a hurry to get the book so he can sell it.  . And even if he isn't, I don't care.  To receive a message like that, word for word, just rubs me the wrong way.  Even in the BEST of times, I don't think you'd get a book back within two months of a signing date.  So yeah.  The great part about my job is that I don't have to deal with this nonsense.  Everyone knows these signings take time, they take a LOT of work and a lot of patience.  When you're dealing with mail aways, there are a lot of balls in the air.  You can get it done right, or you can get it done fast.  You can't get both, so pick one.  I've had items that can take a year or longer to complete.  I don't like it, I know it's frustrating.  And I appreciate everyone who works with me, and I appreciate your patience. And sometimes these take way longer to complete than I would like them to.  There are some mail aways that I'm still waiting to receive books back on.  It's all a process.

I have just one request moving forward, because now I know this thread will potentially get derailed, and that request is if you have an issue with me, come directly to me before I have to lock the thread. 

Thank you.

•  

I’m a spider-man collector, so no not looking to sell it now. That is really weird what you assume from a pretty straight forward question. It’s been 2 months with no update so of course I’m wondering what the status is with no communication since purchasing it. I also said I didn’t mind waiting and it had been two months and I am ok waiting two more months so also not sure where you are getting I want to sell it. I also said I would ask again in two months since as any normal person would wonder when you say you will be sending it out in two months and you don’t send it without any communication! It seems like you care more it’s gone up just a few bucks, and trying to create some weird story/spin in your head to cancel it, although the change in price is minuscule compared to what’s really going up in the market. Anyway, I’ll send you the money again since it looks like you should be trustworthy. I didn’t want to put this in the thread, but you weren’t responding to my messages so wanted to make sure nothing shady happens and you can honor your sale instead of randomly cancelling it. Will update the thread on what happens next.

Edited by Jasanity

@SWoz

Thank you.

Here's a solid update for some of the books in this thread:

Alien s/s Gleason & Johnson are at CGC (All Gleason books are at CGC) 

Reptilian was signed by Ennis yesterday.

Waiting on Rorschach Jae Lee books to come back from my witness, should be in hand anytime now.

Nice house on the Lake is signed, will ship to CGC with Reptilian when I get back from vacation.

WWBN 32 facsimile s/s Moench & Milgrom arrives in stores 7/7,  signing with Milgrom 7/30 and Moench soon after that.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:13 AM, Rich_Henn said:

@SWoz

Thank you.

Here's a solid update for some of the books in this thread:

Alien s/s Gleason & Johnson are at CGC (All Gleason books are at CGC) 

Reptilian was signed by Ennis yesterday.

Waiting on Rorschach Jae Lee books to come back from my witness, should be in hand anytime now.

Nice house on the Lake is signed, will ship to CGC with Reptilian when I get back from vacation.

WWBN 32 facsimile s/s Moench & Milgrom arrives in stores 7/7,  signing with Milgrom 7/30 and Moench soon after that.

Thanks for posting an update for everyone. That's all I was asking for and I'm sure people are wondering with CGC being slow, so not sure why my order got cancelled. I sent you a dm to our thread on saturday if you want to discuss more there about tying it to an invoice if that makes it easier to track vs sending the funds direct. I'll just send the funds direct tomorrow if I don't hear back to get the order back on track.

Still haven’t heard back from Rich so it looks like he is not going to honor the transaction even after sending him the money. So fair warning to all, Rich will cancel your order if you just ask him a question on a shipping update, and expect to not get any updates on status for months. Wow.

I just wanted to second that Ive known and worked with Rich for over 10 years now and he is definitely one of the good ones on the boards and super easy to work with :headbang:

You always get the product you pay for and if there is an issue he will do what it takes above and beyond to make things right.  As you probably are aware getting signatures whether at a con or through a mailing is never easy and Rich has always been a gem to work with.

Also keep in mind as Rich mentioned above and you can verify yourself, cgc is extremely backed up- looking at about 5-6 months around time after they open the box.

As far as Im concerned Rich is providing a service, if you are unhappy with his service why send him $$ again? (shrug)

As others have mentioned please take this to pm as attempting public shaming will only lead to the closing of the thread (some of us would like to continue buying from him :banana:)