• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 1940 Superman Jigsaw Puzzle club

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Couldn’t find the Batman puzzle pictures but I found these.  The 300 piece ones is closer to the totalI own, may have one or two not shown.  I also have a document I was putting together with a summary of all the puzzles with pictures I will try to find.

Quick note, me being the genius I am, I figured buy two incomplete puzzles and boom, one complete puzzle for a bargain price.  Turns out, this does NOT always work.  The 500 piece puzzles appear to use a single cut pattern but the registration was really crappy so a missing piece can bet taken from another missing puzzle but the artwork won’t align.  For the 300 piece puzzles, the cut pattern can be different.  So merging puzzles may not work at all.  Registration on 300 piece puzzles seems to be better.

8A7D6FA8-A270-4524-9B83-B9FD1DA4B4D1.jpeg

5A86EBDF-1F27-4844-9CC9-5A170FF3E76E.jpeg

902C3FEA-28B6-47B8-9276-EEC6E836DAB0.jpeg

E9D527B3-7AB2-4BBA-AC73-8C1EB5731666.jpeg

824E4ADA-C4D9-4600-BF2E-BB7C8DB75E45.jpeg

I’ve yet to get the multi puzzle boxed set. Has the best box of the set. Saw one at a toy show a couple years ago. He wanted $1200. And couldn’t guarantee it was complete. I passed. 

Yes, the die cuts don’t match up. I did make replacement pieces on one of mine. Carefully matched the color. Real hard to tell. Been meaning to do the Action #1 and another but haven’t gotton around to it. 

The built up puzzles are so much nicer than the boxes. I picked up a loose one in a bag from Carbo a few years ago. He didn’t know if it was complete so I put it together and guess what? 100% complete. Sometimes the Gods smile down on us. 

18 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Got ‘em both at SDCC separately myself when they were back at the smaller convention center. Have the box too. Yes, a piece is missing. Actually two. But I won’t kick It off the wall for that.

I just checked my 2nd "Action 1" puzzle (it's the one I'm using for parts).  I would have given you the 2 pieces you need, but the die-cut is upside down on mine so it won't match the pieces you need.  :frustrated:

9 hours ago, woowoo said:

All you great friends of mine on these boards might like to know i do not have any of the puzzles and would love to get some :whistle:

I am Quoteing myself since i have no message from my friends :preach: I bet know one has done that before :banana:

Edited by woowoo

Stumbled upon this thread from two years ago and couldn't resist joining in on the puzzle excitement. The 1940 Superman Jigsaw Puzzle club sounds like a super cool community! Assembling those Saalfield puzzles must have been a fun diversion during the pandemic. I get your love for the 300-piece puzzles, man. The fact that they "interlock" and have hidden shapes as pieces add an extra layer of challenge and intrigue.
By the way, if you're still into puzzles, have you checked out Journey of Something's collection of 1000-piece puzzles? They have some mind-blowing puzzles for adults who love a good puzzle challenge.

Edited by cokekoalas

On 5/29/2023 at 9:31 AM, cokekoalas said:

Stumbled upon this thread from two years ago and couldn't resist joining in on the puzzle excitement. The 1940 Superman Jigsaw Puzzle club sounds like a super cool community!

Post your puzzle if you have one.

On 11/1/2023 at 6:23 PM, WookLuv said:

I had been looking for a forum of knowledgeable collectors. I just purchased these and can't find a value. I found another that's had sold at auction for a healthy chunk of money. Is this correct. Thank you for any help that can be provided. 

Screenshot_20231030_185311_Chrome.jpg

If complete a swag would be $500 each.  Could go higher because boxes look to be in nice shape.  Incomplete would be $150 to $250